Warren Moon on Josh Allen

When asked on Keyshawn, JWill, and Max this morning on whom he would choose to start an expansion franchise (without Mahomes as an option), Moon chose Josh. Says his ceiling is higher than the others and his strength and size makes him a better choice than the others mentioned, Herbert and Lamar. 

Even though some of us—me being one of them—have some trepidations on Josh’s early performances this year, it’s great to hear Hall of Famers still ringing the Allen bell. 

• Like (+1) 20

1 hour ago, CapitalRegionBillsFan said:

When asked on Keyshawn, JWill, and Max this morning on whom he would choose to start an expansion franchise (without Mahomes as an option), Moon chose Josh. Says his ceiling is higher than the others and his strength and size makes him a better choice than the others mentioned, Herbert and Lamar. 

Even though some of us—me being one of them—have some trepidations on Josh’s early performances this year, it’s great to hear Hall of Famers still ringing the Allen bell. 

Wish I could’ve seen the look on Keyshawn face when Moon said Josh. Keyshawn is a Bills hater

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Great post. Warren Moon is criminally underrated historically and threw a great deep ball.

Allen has all the tools and attributes. Continued consistency is what will make him truly elite. He will get there. 

Moon got royally screwed by the teams he was on in the playoffs. He and Randall Cunningham are both unfairly forgotten about

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

Great post. Warren Moon is criminally underrated historically and threw a great deep ball.

Allen has all the tools and attributes. Continued consistency is what will make him truly elite. He will get there. 

I loved watching Moon. I was a young guy at the time, but he had an amazing spiral on that ball. It was truly special. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh will be fine. This time last year Brady was too old and then he suddenly wasn't. 

They are trying to work the run game into the arsenal so things are a little out of sorts. It's going to get settled and if the defense keeps playing like it is then ....

Don't want to say it and jinx anything 😀

You really should read Jim Kubiak's article in the Buffalo News.  I don't think folks truly understand how Josh is actually getting better despite the reduced statistics.  As soon as teams see that he is willing to be patient, he's going to blow them up again.  I think the offense is going to get incrementally better as the season progresses and Josh discovers how he needs to attack defenses focused on taking away the big play.  And in the meantime, we've finally got our swagger back on D to help pick up the slack.  Warren Moon is a smart man.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Josh will be fine. This time last year Brady was too old and then he suddenly wasn't. 

They are trying to work the run game into the arsenal so things are a little out of sorts. It's going to get settled and if the defense keeps playing like it is then ....

Don't want to say it and jinx anything 😀

You think Daboll and the Bills see the blueprint on beating the Chiefs? Teams that can/present the threat of running the football gives them hell. Raiders, Browns, TB, Ravens.👀

26 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Wish I could’ve seen the look on Keyshawn face when Moon said Josh. Keyshawn is a Bills hater

Interestingly enough, it was the others who jumped in and mentioned Herbert, Murray, and Jackson as equal or better options. 

Later, some clown called in and said Trey Lance. Bro…can we get a snap or two first? Yikes. 

Edited by CapitalRegionBillsFan

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

Warren was phenomenal and would be an absolute beast in today's NFL. Smart, accurate and moved well.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1