Will the WFT game sell out despite new jab policy?

benderbender

28 minutes ago, Estro said:

Edit:

Now listed for $100 each and still not selling.  Tickets are listed for 1/3 what they were 2 weeks ago. It's going to be very easy for fans to pick up tickets very cheap last minute this season.

Good luck to the Pegulas trying to market these PSL's as a "wise investment".  I can't even break even on my season tickets now.

I’ve had 2 in 109 listed for a week and not a nibble. Thinking I’ll have 2 empty seats next to me tomorrow, or at best I’ll be drinking for free tomorrow 

44 minutes ago, Estro said:

Edit:

Now listed for $100 each and still not selling.  Tickets are listed for 1/3 what they were 2 weeks ago. It's going to be very easy for fans to pick up tickets very cheap last minute this season.

Good luck to the Pegulas trying to market these PSL's as a "wise investment".  I can't even break even on my season tickets now.

daaaaang.  That’s crazy.  Supposed to be a beautiful day, too.  Only thing is it’s a pretty unattractive opponent (especially with Fitz not playing)

I priced my tickets for the Texans at the very bottom early this past week and they sold pretty quick.  I’m way better  off that way versus what ticket prices have dropped to since in just a few days.  And on Monday I’m going to do the same with my Miami game after we crush Washington.  There’s no way Canadians are coming to the Miami game in meaningful numbers even if the border gets opened on the 21st by Biden, still too many other barriers, so I’m better off selling early.

This sucks.  I just want to come to the games already.

Edited by vanhalen26
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Most non-doomers are hopeful this only a one year thing.   Well, I guess 2 years at this point…

Pegula’s are likely playing ball with the state on this (ongoing stadium negotiations come to mind), knowing next year - we’re hopefully - back to normal … at least in the sense where the border isn’t locked down and they aren’t getting strong-armed into requiring vaccinations. 

This will have zero effect on future PSL’s. 

Not a doomer at all, just providing direct feedback as someone who's selling tickets to tomorrow's game and has knowledge of selling my season tickets over the last 20 year.

This is the softest market I've ever seen for a home September game.  That's coming off of one of the best markets for the Steelers game just 2 weeks ago.  The Washington game was never going to be as in demand as the Steelers game, but $400 to $80, is a dramatic fall.  I happen to think the vaccine mandate, coupled with the Canadian market not making it is really suppressing demand as I fully expected.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I’ve had 2 in 109 listed for a week and not a nibble. Thinking I’ll have 2 empty seats next to me tomorrow, or at best I’ll be drinking for free tomorrow 

I've got a different take than the anti vaxers:  I was in section 115 on opening day & I will never sit in the lower bowl again.  All the people stood up for the entire game.  I'm old & it gets pretty difficult for me to stand for an entire game.  Until the other fans in the lower bowl learn some friggin manners people like me are either staying home or looking for seats in the front rows elsewhere in the stadium.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

It’s hard to justify going, spending a ton of money, only to get harassed about personal, private matters.   Im not paying to get treated like a criminal…

I had to disengage from Bills social media this past week.  Multiple tweets/ig updates about the new policy.  I won’t ever turn on the Bills, but this has legitimately tested my fandom.  

I’ll still get to see them down here by me.. Jacksonville, Nashville, Tampa are all options and I already have tickets to Jacksonville.   But I feel awful for the Bills fans in New York who now can’t go… we’re finally good, fans weren’t allowed at all last year, and now this… Even worse.. y’all could walk into MetLife or Foxboro, no problem. 

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've got a different take than the anti vaxers:  I was in section 115 on opening day & I will never sit in the lower bowl again.  All the people stood up for the entire game.  I'm old & it gets pretty difficult for me to stand for an entire game.  Until the other fans in the lower bowl learn some friggin manners people like me are either staying home or looking for seats in the front rows elsewhere in the stadium.  

During the glory years of the late 80’s and early 90’s, standing was only for critical plays or playoff games. 

33 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I’ve had seasons in the lower bowl for about 10 years and yep, there is a ton of standing. Some games we only sit during commercial breaks. Now I would, but nobody else in front of us does so if we want to see we have no choice. Kind of a chain reaction type thing. Hate to say it, but don’t see anything changing until there is a new stadium. 

NBA is going to be wild if there’s any truth to the Rolling Stone article that just came out. 

Going to have players sitting out home games in certain markets, sitting out away games in others.  

At least we’re not dealing with that… imagine half our WR room out for home games. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This started in the drought. It’s odd. it doesn’t keep me from going but I don’t really get it. 

8 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Particularly stinks for kids, they can’t see the game at all. 

4 hours ago, John Adams said:

This started in the drought. It’s odd. it doesn’t keep me from going but I don’t really get it. 

I’ve been to college games all over the south… South Carolina, Clemson, Florida etc… Fans stand for half the game.  

11 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

For many years my brother and I have have come up to take my Dad to a game - eventually we had to start buying club seats where things were more "civil" so he could sit more.  Even then - one year we were in our clubs seats and as fate would have it - there were 4 bombed 20-somethings in the seat in front of us who were the (only) grade-A idiots in the section concerned more about getting everyone around them to stand than actually watching the game (is there anything worse than "C'MON STAND UP!!" guy, back turned to the field the whole game waving his arms up).  My Dad asked them once nicely to sit down and they dropped some F-bombs and "we bought our tickets we can do what we want" crap.  Eventually the whole section was yellng at them to sit down - and security actually came over to tell them.  Then the B I T C H that was in front of my Dad literally sat and waved her hands above her head in front of his face the rest of the time just to obstruct his view.  Eventually they got thrown out (reported by others in the section) - which was a good thing b/c they were severely testing our restraint.

4 hours ago, John Adams said:

I think it is related to the influx of college age fans during this period - like a college student section thing - who also had the attitude "the Bills have sucked my whole life so that gives me the right to just get bombed and do whatever I want and IDGAF about anyone or anything else" 

Edited by stevewin

11 hours ago, SCBills said:

I had to disengage from Bills social media this past week.  Multiple tweets/ig updates about the new policy.  I won’t ever turn on the Bills, but this has legitimately tested my fandom.  

I’ll still get to see them down here by me.. Jacksonville, Nashville, Tampa are all options and I already have tickets to Jacksonville.   But I feel awful for the Bills fans in New York who now can’t go… we’re finally good, fans weren’t allowed at all last year, and now this… Even worse.. y’all could walk into MetLife or Foxboro, no problem. 

The thing is, no one has been told they can’t go. They can all go. They have chosen not to. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBob said:

The thing is, no one has been told they can’t go. They can all go. They have chosen not to. 

It’s just a philosophically different way of viewing this.  

There’s plenty of people with valid reasons for not getting the jab, that don’t correlate with being an anti-vaxxer.  Whether they’re nursing, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, just recently had covid, have some kind of underlying health issue… there’s valid reasons, and those people are being told to do something they’re very uncomfortable with in order to go to a football game. 

And it would be one thing if it was a league-wide mandate… not even close.  We’re one of a handful of teams with this policy, and the only one currently in the northeast doing this.  The same fans being told they can’t go to our game without being vaccinated can walk right in to MetLife or Foxboro.   Nevermind the wide open stadiums down south and in the Midwest.  

You’re not safer by going to a game where no one is tested and the staff you’re interacting with don’t even have to be vaxxed.  It’s all comical at this point.  Bills are playing along, and it’s disappointing, but maybe the risk of alienating fans is worth it if NYS agrees to throw in a little extra taxpayer funding for the new stadium. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s just a philosophically different way of viewing this.  

There’s plenty of people with valid reasons for not getting the jab, that don’t correlate with being an anti-vaxxer.  Whether they’re nursing, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, just recently had covid, have some kind of underlying health issue… there’s valid reasons, and those people are being told to do something they’re very uncomfortable with in order to go to a football game. 

And it would be one thing if it was a league-wide mandate… not even close.  We’re one of a handful of teams with this policy, and the only one currently in the northeast doing this.  The same fans being told they can’t go to our game without being vaccinated can walk right in to MetLife or Foxboro.   Nevermind the wide open stadiums down south and in the Midwest.  

You’re not safer by going to a game where no one is tested and the staff you’re interacting with don’t even have to be vaxxed.  It’s all comical at this point.  Bills are playing along, and it’s disappointing, but maybe the risk of alienating fans is worth it if NYS agrees to throw in a little extra taxpayer funding for the new stadium. 

And this is where you are absolutely mistaken.  I work in reproductive health care.  The leading professional organizations advise those who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant to be vaccinated.  

You are deliberately spreading false information.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

The so called vaccines are not about safety, they never were. Going to a football game will be the vaxxed least of concerns pretty soon. 

You are, you're a ***** liar, shut up old man!

You are being ridiculous.  It is easy enough to look up the recommendations.  Do you honestly believe the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology would recommend vaccines to women if they felt it would hurt them?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1