Will the WFT game sell out despite new jab policy?

benderbender

1 minute ago, r00tabaga said:

So nobody cares that only the fans are required to be vaccinated at Bills games. Not the guy that pats you down? 

Shouldn't ALL personnel be required?

What about the guy handing you a beer or a hot dog.

Do you know what's in a hot dog?

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Well who can you trust? I'm being honest. At one point they said that the vaccine was for immunity now a CDC says it's for protection. They also said that it was 100% safe and now VAERs data says it's not. They said that we couldn't transmit it if you were vaccinated but you CAN obviously we're seeing that.

I don't eat that *****, fish and chicken only 😂😂😂

You can trust the CDC.  The people that work there have comprehensive backgrounds in the science of epidemics, public health, and virology.  They have dedicated their professional lives to this.

No one has ever, ever, said vaccines are 100% safe.  What is said is the benefits of the vaccines far outweigh any risks.  The VAERS data has to report any side effect or death for any reason in folks receiving any vaccine.  And the CDC and FDA have to follow up on it.  When they do they find that except for a very few deaths they are not vaccine related.

Viral diseases are difficult in general and the Covid even more so.  The delta variant is much more infectious.  In vaccinated people it can reside and multiply in the upper respiratory region for a few days, which is why you can still test positive and still transmit for a bit.  But you don’t get the severe illness and death.

You ask about immunity vs. protection.  Immunity is a public issue.  It involves getting enough people either exposed to the virus and surviving (natural immunity)  or vaccinated to deprive the virus of hosts. Once that happens the virus can’t propagate anymore. 

Research continues on this virus.  As more data is obtained opinions on how to attack it and recommendations for protection change.  That is how science works.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Nobody ever ever ever said the vaccines are were 100% safe and effective???? 😂

That's all I read for a year! 

How about the division 1 football player who just got diagnosed with myocarditis and will have to seek treatment for the rest of his life. Or my gf's best friend (27) who died from a brain aneurysm a week after getting the shot. Or my son's hockey coach in Rochester (46) who died on mother's Day shortly after receiving the Pfizer. All young and healthy. Pressured to take vaccine. Gone.

I'm obviously worried.

I'm done for today. 😔

Go Bills & be safe everyone

You did not read that because no one ever said that.  What was said is the vaccines are safe because the very small number of adverse outcomes are far outweighed by the benefits of keeping folks from getting Covid.  The CDC and other health care agencies around the world have done and are doing flow up on those vaccinated to make sure they find any adverse effects.  How do you think they found the myocarditis complication, the vast majority of which resolve on their own?

You bring up two people who died.  That’s tragic.  And may be completely unrelated to the vaccine.  Aneurisms happen in young people and they go completely unnoticed until the burst.  Healthy 46 year olds die from heart attacks and such every day.  The data on the vaccines show there is no increased mortality related specifically to the vaccine.

You obviously have an opinion you refuse to change based on facts.  That’s sad.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

There will not be a noticeable difference in crowd size for any game this season. It will be exactly like any other Bills season. 

(Side note, nothing grinds my gears more than people using VAERS data to say the vaccine isn't safe. You are fundamentally misunderstanding/misrepresenting that data. The only thing VAERS does is show how many people have reported any POTENTIAL side effect. The reports are not checked for how legit they are. The overwhelming majority of vaers serious adverse effects are not related to the vaccine)

• Like (+1) 1

Back to the original question:

The resale market on stubhub for the game tomorrow is extremely soft.  My tickets on the 50 yard line, lower level, homeside are listed for $149 ea. And aren't selling. In yhr last week prices for the game have plummeted.

Can't remember this soft of a market for a September game for a promising team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

So nobody cares that only the fans are required to be vaccinated at Bills games. Not the guy that pats you down? 

The players on the field???

🤔

The more people vaccinated results in less and less people getting sick, and when one is vaccinated the chances of getting sick are greatly reduced, and the effects of the virus are less for those vaccinated people who may still get sick? It’s a win win for our fellow bills fans, and our greater community, not saying it’s a perfect solution, but it beats the hell out of no one getting vaccinated, and the virus needlessly causing harm to us all 

• Like (+1) 1

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/just-let-me-go-to-the-game-canadian-bills-fans-shut-out-from-stadium/article_a6227852-1ca3-11ec-9f6c-bb52034dc75a.html

from today's BN article about Canadian season ticket holders being shut out

"A decade ago, according to the Bills, that figure was 12%. However, Bills representatives have told the office of Rep. Brian Higgins, D-Buffalo, the Canadian share has ranged from 15% to 25% in recent years."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Estro said:

The resale market on stubhub for the game tomorrow is extremely soft.  My tickets on the 50 yard line, lower level, homeside are listed for $149 ea. And aren't selling. In yhr last week prices for the game have plummeted.

I don’t think the internet was a thing last time we had a team that was actually promising (minus last year)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t think the internet was a thing last time we had a team that was actually promising (minus last year)

And yet tickets were still resold somehow all the way back then. Anyone who was looking for secondary market tickets at that time would remember what they went for vs face value. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, QCity said:

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/just-let-me-go-to-the-game-canadian-bills-fans-shut-out-from-stadium/article_a6227852-1ca3-11ec-9f6c-bb52034dc75a.html

from today's BN article about Canadian season ticket holders being shut out

"A decade ago, according to the Bills, that figure was 12%. However, Bills representatives have told the office of Rep. Brian Higgins, D-Buffalo, the Canadian share has ranged from 15% to 25% in recent years."

Good article.  Sums up well how I feel

stuck in Canada as well.

As a result I’ve had to resell my tickets to.  The price has fallen dramatically.  Buffalo is a small city for such a big stadium, so take out 15-25% of your season seat holders and the 30% (give or take) of locals who can’t attend due to vaccine status, and of course the prices are going to drop a ton.  It’ll probably be close to full game day, your better off selling a $50 ticket for $25 vs zero and there’s enough demand, but the value of the seats are plummeting.  

Also, 16 to 34 year olds are only 60% vaccinated and I’ll bet they represent a disproportionate number of the fans in the stands, especially for the colder later season games.  It’s pretty predictable that prices will remain soft for the balance of the year.  

They’ll go up a little if the border opens but not too much.  As a Canadian it’s highly likely I’ll need a covid test to cross, and that’s $200 here.  I bring my wife or kid and it’s $400.  I won’t come to many games at that price.  Over and above that, only some of the vaccines we used in Canada are recognized as valid vaccines in the US.  As a result, even if the border opens many of us won’t be able to attend.  Based on the way the vaccines were rolled out, it will probably impact fans between 40 and 60 years old the most.  That’s gotta be the sweet spot age for season seat holders who don’t mind traveling for games.  

I’m dying to go and continue to manage my schedule and tickets on the hope of being able to attend but I’m not optimistic. I’ll break even on my seats or even end up a little in the black, but I’d much rather be in my seats behind the bills bench on the 43 yard line 16 rows up from the team sipping a beer and cheering my ass off.  Instead, one of my seat partners is coming by and we’ll be watching the game again from my Toronto home and enjoying it, but also feeling that sense of loss from not being there.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

The players on the field???

🤔

I’m sure they’ll be negative tested, but who will protect them from the vaccinated spreaders?  

9 hours ago, Estro said:

Edit:

Now listed for $100 each and still not selling.  Tickets are listed for 1/3 what they were 2 weeks ago. It's going to be very easy for fans to pick up tickets very cheap last minute this season.

Good luck to the Pegulas trying to market these PSL's as a "wise investment".  I can't even break even on my season tickets now.

26 minutes ago, Estro said:

Edit:

Now listed for $100 each and still not selling.  Tickets are listed for 1/3 what they were 2 weeks ago. It's going to be very easy for fans to pick up tickets very cheap last minute this season.

Good luck to the Pegulas trying to market these PSL's as a "wise investment".  I can't even break even on my season tickets now.

Same issue in Seattle where I live now. I have seasons. I always sell my tickets minimum twice my cost. Never ever I sold below face value even for preseason games. Opening game last week, Seahawks were 1-0 before the game. I sold for about 30 per cent below face value 3-4 days before the game. On gameday my tickets were worth like 40 per cent face value.

Edited by Curt

28 minutes ago, Estro said:

Edit:

Most non-doomers are hopeful this only a one year thing.   Well, I guess 2 years at this point…

Pegula’s are likely playing ball with the state on this (ongoing stadium negotiations come to mind), knowing next year - we’re hopefully - back to normal … at least in the sense where the border isn’t locked down and they aren’t getting strong-armed into requiring vaccinations. 

This will have zero effect on future PSL’s. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1