Will the WFT game sell out despite new jab policy?

benderbender

45 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I did too. They brought Canadian beer but I hated when we were playing penny ante cards and I'd go home with a bunch of coins not worth as much as coins I lost.

Should have played in 2016. The loonie actually exceeded the dollar for a while that year.

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

It’s business suicide to require the jab.

No games will be sold out this year and it will get worse the longer this requirement continues…

Why will it get worse?  What will change from present circumstances that fewer people will buy tickets?  They already lost about 762 holders that opted out. Maybe some more won’t renew next year. But maybe some people will choose to get vaxed and will be in the eligible pool. 

Or is it just wishful thinking on your part?

• Like (+1) 2

Not for nothing, I just looked for tickets on 10/3. Didnt seem to be super cheap as though tens of thousands of people were desperately unloading tickets. Maybe it's that most of us believe one thing and you believe the other. If not feel free to DM me with tickets you are unloading for pennies on the dollar. It's my son's only open weekend of the entire season.

Edited by That's No Moon

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Why will it get worse?  What will change from present circumstances that fewer people will buy tickets?  They already lost about 762 holders that opted out. Maybe some more won’t renew next year. But maybe some people will choose to get vaxed and will be in the eligible pool. 

Or is it just wishful thinking on your part?

If I were to look at it from a strictly selfish standpoint, I’d probably think I was a winner as I almost always buy my tickets on the secondary market. Less demand?  The market sets the market…… .   🤷‍♀️

This is NOT about the policy, strictly about economics.

42 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Not for nothing, I just looked for tickets on 10/3. Didnt seem to be super cheap as though tens of thousands of people were desperately unloading tickets. Maybe it's that most of us believe one thing one you believe the other. If not feel free to DM me with tickets you are unloading for pennies on the dollar. It's my son's only open weekend of the entire season.

Many years ago I had a buddy living a couple hours from Cincinnati. We went to visit one weekend and his “kinda” buddy had a bunch of extra Bengals tickets, I think it was 20. We made a deal, we pay face value for our four (maybe $50/per at the time) and we will split what we can scalp the rest for. I’m laughing at how stupid we were! The other 16 tickets went for about $2 each!   😂

Live and learn!  It was well worth the $96 to be able to laugh about it now! 

EDIT: Thanks to whoever cleaned that up. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Not for nothing, I just looked for tickets on 10/3. Didnt seem to be super cheap as though tens of thousands of people were desperately unloading tickets. Maybe it's that most of us believe one thing and you believe the other. If not feel free to DM me with tickets you are unloading for pennies on the dollar. It's my son's only open weekend of the entire season.

I don't think tickets are selling for pennies on the dollar

But I know a few  season ticket holders who are selling their tickets

Edited by Buffalo716

56 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

No one that I know, is selling their tickets.

The sky is not falling...

But just in case wear aluminum foil hats

54 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

The self proclaimed silent majority is in fact a noisy minority 

Most self proclaimed majorities are composed of idiots. 

On 9/22/2021 at 9:52 AM, r00tabaga said:

I know several young women who plan to have families and know the risks associated with the jab and can just watch the Bills kick ass at home.

Go Bills

Doctors recommend women who are pregnant to get the jab even more so. I'm confused if you're implying it's more risky for them or not. If I misread that, disregard :)

On 9/22/2021 at 10:41 AM, SCBills said:

I don't see it as necessary, or wise, to vaccinate myself simply because my football teams county demands I do so to watch them play at Highmark.  

For football, no. But is it "necessary or wise to vaccinate yourself" for about a hundred other far more important reasons, regardless of if you have previously had COVID? Absolutely. But it's your choice so you do you!

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I work in reproductive medicine.  The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology recommend vaccination for pregnant women.  The American Society for Reproductive Medicine recommend vaccination for women and their partners undergoing fertility treatments.  They do so because there is no data linking the vaccine to any problems with pregnany.

Give it time, give all this time. The whole process stinks to high heaven.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Give it time, give all this time. The whole process stinks to high heaven.

Ridiculous assertion.

6 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I'm actually fine now with everybody needing to show proof of vaccination (I'll watch from home or bar) but don't you think it's kind of funny that they don't need to show a positive test? I mean look at the buccaneers they're 100% vaccinated and Antonio Brown's not playing tomorrow because he has .....wait for it .........covid

and I'll add that my area is getting hit hard with Delta right now but I was just at a hockey party and out all of the dads that were there I was the only one UNvaccinated and as of Saturday 8:22 I'm the only one who does not have covid.

I even took two tests to make sure.

Vaccinated people are at lower risk of transmitting and at much lower risk of getting seriously ill or dying.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I just wanna know how much longer it's gonna take at the gates. I highly doubt they'll be doing much more than glancing at cards. 

This question is probably far too valid to be answered on this post 😆. Have we heard any estimates from the team of how early people should arrive at the gates ? 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

If 827 participants had a pregnancy that resulted in a live birth, spontaneous abortion (miscarriage), stillbirth, induced abortion or ectopic pregnancy...what happened to the other 3039 study participants who were vaccinated while pregnant?  They are only reporting results on 21% of the pregnancy outcomes of participants.

There are multiple studies showing the data indicating there is no increased miscarriage rate.  I look at the actual studies.  You are looking at a women’s magazine.  Look at the studies.

Do you honestly believe the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the leading organization in the country for women’s health, would say the vaccine is safe if it’s not?

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

This question is probably far too valid to be answered on this post 😆. Have we heard any estimates from the team of how early people should arrive at the gates ? 

I read somewhere  2.5 hours.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

So nobody cares that only the fans are required to be vaccinated at Bills games. Not the guy that pats you down? 

Shouldn't ALL personnel be required?

What about the guy handing you a beer or a hot dog.

The players on the field???

🤔

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1