Will the WFT game sell out despite new jab policy?

benderbender

12 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Sorry man. People think that there's only 700 tickets they're not considering all the season ticket holders that aren't coming forward selling their tickets. The NFL is the biggest show in the world and to think that people from across the country won't come here is ludicrous to me. Especially Buffalo, ground zero bills Mafia.

Best of luck selling your tickets and even better health to you sir ✌️

The NFL is the biggest TV show in North America........not the biggest show or hottest ticket in the world.   Going to games is a different story.....general attendance at NFL games had been in decline across the league for years prior to the pandemic.   And it's become a relatively small amount of the revenue teams generate so a few empty seats isn't the crisis it was decades ago.    The Bills should sell out most if not all games and there will not be much additional foot traffic from out of town fans of other teams.   

• Like (+1) 1

I think ticket sales will be fine. It is about 1% of total capacity. I do not know how stadiums split season vs. single game tickets, but google tells me it could be as low as 60%) and as high as 90%. 

Either way it seems maybe 2-3% of  ticket holders are kicking back to the org. 

That said, I am sure there will be some late season games with sub-max attendance, people will shout "VaCcInE mAnDaTeS" and ignore the fact that the Bills didn't even sell out playoff games after going to the previous two Super Bowls. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The NFL is the biggest TV show in North America........not the biggest show or hottest ticket in the world.   Going to games is a different story.....general attendance at NFL games had been in decline across the league for years prior to the pandemic.   And it's become a relatively small amount of the revenue teams generate so a few empty seats isn't the crisis it was decades ago.    The Bills should sell out most if not all games and there will not be much additional foot traffic from out of town fans of other teams.   

I actually agree w your post but I'm too lazy to go fix my post to replace the word world. 

😂

I still think you'll see "more" rival fans.

We're not the only fan base that travels-

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I actually agree w your post but I'm too lazy to go fix my post to replace the word world. 

😂

We're already past the Pittsburgh game. Maybe Pats and Jets fans who usually show up as it is.

Who else from our remaining home schedule has fans that travel?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

😂

You know what deters rival fans? A kick ass team! Nobody wants to fork out a bunch of cash to travel to Buffalo to watch your team get their asses kicked and have to deal with Bills fans!!! 😁 Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Einstein said:

I wonder how they’re going to prove someone is not 11 or under.

I foresee some teenagers donning Spongebob Squarepants t-shirts and changing the pitch of their voice to get into the game. 😁

Great point. Does NYS even provide some type of ID for kids that don't have a drivers license? Like a Sheriffs ID? I am not sure NYS requires kids under 18 to even have an ID. I'm retired Military and our kids aren't issued a GOV Dependent ID now until 12 yrs of age. And here in CO kids can get a Sheriffs ID if they aren't getting a drivers license. 

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Won't matter after they reduce the number of seats in the new stadium, amirite?

You see? They don't even want you there...

They're just trying to be polite about it.

That is certainly a possibility.  Likely a large overlap between the anti-vax crown and cheap seat drunk crowd.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, driddles said:

It's funny, no one wants to talk about the 6,500 Canadian season ticket holders who can't get over the border cause apparently we don't count, but I keep seeing threads pop up on Bills boards about the whopping 700+ who opted out.  700 will be noticed about as much as you noticed the missing 6,500. 

They weren't there opening day either----97% seats filled anyway.

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They weren't there opening day either----97% seats filled anyway.

1.  Opening Day

2. Pittsburgh Steelers and their travelling fanbase

Houston will be the interesting game attendance wise.  Not a huge travelling fan base.  Both shots needed.  No Canadians.  3rd Home game and there are already cheap resale tickets out there.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, driddles said:

1.  Opening Day

2. Pittsburgh Steelers and their travelling fanbase

Houston will be the interesting game attendance wise.  Not a huge travelling fan base.  Both shots needed.  No Canadians.  3rd Home game and there are already cheap resale tickets out there.  

so the stadium will be at least those 6500 short of full?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

so the stadium will be at least those 6500 short of full?

Depends if people can resell their seats.  I haven't been able to sell mine for that one and I'm seeing a lot of posts popping up with people trying to sell.  Usually lowering prices works but seats are already down to the $70 range on the ticket exchange.  Pretty sad if tickets won't move for an October home game at that price.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Fallsnative01 said:

Great point. Does NYS even provide some type of ID for kids that don't have a drivers license? Like a Sheriffs ID? I am not sure NYS requires kids under 18 to even have an ID. I'm retired Military and our kids aren't issued a GOV Dependent ID now until 12 yrs of age. And here in CO kids can get a Sheriffs ID if they aren't getting a drivers license. 

Im sure there is some way for kids to get an ID but I don’t know any kids that have one.

I’m guessing that they’re going to let in anyone (within reason) that says they’re 11 or younger.

Edited by Einstein

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Erie County is 65% vaccinated (NYS 70%).

That is 2 vaccinated people for every unvaccinated person.

That means there are at least 1400 fans waiting to replace those 700 (if not more like 14,000).

The ideas that there are equal "sides" to this, and that this policy is affecting a lot of people, and that the Bills will have trouble filling the stands, is laughable.

Agree, the Bills organization have already done their homework, and know full well this policy/rule will have virtually no negative effect on their bottom line, those that “persist” otherwise, will just have to get used to not going to the games for the next couple of years. That said, Man I hope our guys put a beating on the nameless team!!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

3 hours ago, driddles said:

Depends if people can resell their seats.  I haven't been able to sell mine for that one and I'm seeing a lot of posts popping up with people trying to sell.  Usually lowering prices works but seats are already down to the $70 range on the ticket exchange.  Pretty sad if tickets won't move for an October home game at that price.

A somewhat boring opponent ( they don’t even have an actual name ) and a good chance for rainy weather is going to depress ticket sales in an uncovered stadium. Lots of tickets on the market will lead to more last minute type sales as well. 

12 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Annnnnd still not sold out.

On Friday.

Highest expectations in 25 years.

😂

And this doesn't include the secondary market tickets.... I know of several people that are desperately trying to sell their tickets and'll have to eat em.

A negative test would've sufficed. Plus it's technically safer than untested vax'd fans.

Go BILLS 😜

The US border is still closed to Canadians.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I mean, before you put up your silly laughing emoji's, care to start naming off teams that would sell out their games when that team can't have spectators anywhere from north of their city?

Niagara County says hello!