Will the WFT game sell out despite new jab policy?

benderbender

10 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Yeap, Bills are screwed, Super Bowl hopes dashed. How will they ever deal with the Repercussion of 1% refund that they will just turn around and sell. 

More along the lines of this just sucks for our fans, especially those who have had covid and recovered.  Most passionate fanbase in the league, yet only team in the division currently dealing with this.  I'm sure there will be quite a few tickets sold on the secondary market, and let's all hope it's vaxxed Bills fans buying them. 

If anything, the Jets game at MetLife will be a complete takeover by Bills fans making the drive... likely more than usual should they not go the route of Erie County. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People thinking the vaccination policy will suddenly go away next year are kidding themselves.  This policy is going to be in place until the number of Covid hospitalizations of UN-vaccinated individuals falls significantly, and nobody can predict when that will occur unless more and more folks get the jab.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, eball said:

People thinking the vaccination policy will suddenly go away next year are kidding themselves.  This policy is going to be in place until the number of Covid hospitalizations of UN-vaccinated individuals falls significantly, and nobody can predict when that will occur unless more and more folks get the jab.

With the way hard lines have been drawn in the sand by those not getting the vax COVID and COVID regulations are pretty much here to stay. Even if the numbers drop I believe there would be a time where the restrictions stay in place to keep numbers lower rather than ease restrictions for a few months and re-up them. Bottom line, wanna go to a game now or in the future? Get the shot.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

With the way hard lines have been drawn in the sand by those not getting the vax COVID and COVID regulations are pretty much here to stay. Even if the numbers drop I believe there would be a time where the restrictions stay in place to keep numbers lower rather than ease restrictions for a few months and re-up them. Bottom line, wanna go to a game now or in the future? Get the shot.

Exactly this. ☝️

People who aren't getting jab'd obviously prioritize other things more than football and have already conceded concerts, foosball gms & in some cases even their jobs. I know several young women who plan to have families and know the risks associated with the jab and can just watch the Bills kick ass at home.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, eball said:

Yea but im very careful about what i put in my body.

Gets drunk at 10AM on a Sunday, eats 5 hot dogs, some sausage, and food that was cooked on the hood of a car. 

• Haha (+1) 8

7 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Yea but im very careful about what i put in my body.

Gets drunk at 10AM on a Sunday, eats 5 hot dogs, some sausage, and food that was cooked on the hood of a car. 

So that's how you got your username,.....

derailing football conversations one post at a time

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Like (+1) 1

Erie County is 65% vaccinated (NYS 70%).

That is 2 vaccinated people for every unvaccinated person.

That means there are at least 1400 fans waiting to replace those 700 (if not more like 14,000).

The ideas that there are equal "sides" to this, and that this policy is affecting a lot of people, and that the Bills will have trouble filling the stands, is laughable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That means there are at least 1400 fans waiting to replace those 700 (if not more like 14,000).

The ideas that there are equal "sides" to this, and that this policy is affecting a lot of people, and that the Bills will have trouble filling the stands, is laughable.

I don’t think the Bills will have any trouble filling the stands… I’m just hoping it’s Bills fans buying the tickets that unvaxxed season ticket holders are selling on the secondary market.  

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

74.3% in the 18+ population (NYS) and that's the majority of the age group that goes to games. 
These games are basically sold out, we're really talking about the resale market at this point... probably until December/January games and they don't usually sell out.

Edited by driddles
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And as I've mentioned previously, the WNY/NYS area is so far ahead of the vaccination rates of our opponents, it is unlikely out-of-town fans will be clamoring to attend games.

I doubt fans from Texas, Florida, Georgia, and Carolina are saying "Oh! A Vaccination mandate! Now I'll go to the game!"

I can confirm that myself, being in one of those states, is obviously not coming up for a Bills game this year... but I'm more concerned about WFT, NE fans, glad we got Pittsburgh out of the way.  I'd agree that most of the teams we play at home don't really have much of following to begin with, let alone dealing with all this. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

minus 4 here. 1st game I will have missed in over 15 years. Antibodies, natural immunity....I guess none of it matters. Just let go of my Sabres season tickets and will be reselling Bills tix. So nice for an original season ticket holder to be backed into a corner.

Sorry man. People think that there's only 700 tickets they're not considering all the season ticket holders that aren't coming forward selling their tickets. The NFL is the biggest show in the world and to think that people from across the country won't come here is ludicrous to me. Especially Buffalo, ground zero bills Mafia.

Best of luck selling your tickets and even better health to you sir ✌️

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

If there was only something these fans could do 🤔

I am one of these fans.  I don't live in Buffalo, and will be able to see them play teams down south by me, but I'd like to fly up for a weekend and that clearly isn't happening now.  

I just had covid 3 weeks ago.  I don't see it as necessary, or wise, to vaccinate myself simply because my football teams county demands I do so to watch them play at Highmark.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I can confirm that myself, being in one of those states, is obviously not coming up for a Bills game this year... but I'm more concerned about WFT, NE fans, glad we got Pittsburgh out of the way.  I'd agree that most of the teams we play at home don't really have much of following to begin with, let alone dealing with all this. 

And I'll be travelling from GA to fully enjoy the game Sunday!

Well as much as I can without (future Hall of Famer) Ryan Fitzpatrick playing....

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And I'll be travelling from GA to fully enjoy the game Sunday!

Well as much as I can without (future Hall of Famer) Ryan Fitzpatrick playing....

GA here too (Buckhead) - Will be heading on down to Jacksonville in a few weeks.