Will the WFT game sell out despite new jab policy?

benderbender

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

762 is closer to 800, but it says "season tickets" not "holders"

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/762-season-ticket-refunds-granted-by-bills?utm_campaign=sharebutton&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=WGRAM

Question: what would normally happen if a season ticket holder gives up their seats and requests a refund?  Don't they normally lose their priority?

Sorry Hap, but I was going from a radio broadcast where they said 762 season”  ticket holders. “ It may just be 762 tickets , I’m not certain. Yes if someone requested a refund in normal circumstances , I’d guess that they would. In this case, it seems that the conditions for entry have been changed after the sale, and a local lawmaker on the same radio broadcast called this a bait and switch and stated it is illegal in NYS. Anyway, not trying to go off on any tangents here and not injecting any opinion one way or another. Just saying what I heard on the radio show. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

5 minutes ago, driddles said:

The opener came close to selling out (97%) so most of them sold.  I'm not sure if the WFT tickets will sell out* because the mandate adds a wrinkle that might stop another 10 - 15% of fans from going.  With 10 - 15% of the seats not being filled by Canadians and 10 - 15% of the seats not being filled by the unvaccinated at some point you're noticeably going to see empty seats.  

*sell out isn't really the right term, the seats are sold but will they resell or be empty

My guess is that they mostly resell but who knows ? Weather and opponent always matter somewhat. 

19 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

What makes you think the restrictions will only last a year or two?

Not going to get into particulars in this thread, but it’s just a guess. 

24 minutes ago, driddles said:

The opener came close to selling out (97%) so most of them sold.  I'm not sure if the WFT tickets will sell out* because the mandate adds a wrinkle that might stop another 10 - 15% of fans from going.  With 10 - 15% of the seats not being filled by Canadians and 10 - 15% of the seats not being filled by the unvaccinated at some point you're noticeably going to see empty seats.  

*sell out isn't really the right term, the seats are sold but will they resell or be empty

My point was kinda that, if we were at 97% capacity without 6,500 Canadians present, those seats find their way back onto the market, just like the Covid Tix will. People will just enjoy some cheaper seats that show up closer to game time.  There were people at the tailgate week 1 waiting to buy their tickets cheaper. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, benderbender said:

Read a few articles about over 700 season ticket holders requesting refund before the deadline. I’m wondering if there’s enough time for the jabbed to fill in the gaps. A quick look on Ticketmaster looks like the resale tickets in particular have come down in price from when I was looking for mine.

The Steelers game according to ESPN had 97% attendance and didn’t have the requirement in place. 

There are probably 5K people waiting to take their place or more...

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Sorry Hap, but I was going from a radio broadcast where they said 762 season”  ticket holders. “ It may just be 762 tickets , I’m not certain. Yes if someone requested a refund in normal circumstances , I’d guess that they would. In this case, it seems that the conditions for entry have been changed after the sale, and a local lawmaker on the same radio broadcast called this a bait and switch and stated it is illegal in NYS. Anyway, not trying to go off on any tangents here and not injecting any opinion one way or another. Just saying what I heard on the radio show. 

I'm gonna bet there is a bunch of fine print on those tickets that reserve all sorts of rights to the seller, including the right to impose new restrictions on entry and the right to require compliance with state and local regulations.

Sometimes elected public officials don't seem to have a very good understanding of the law.  I'm not saying that's the case here, but it seems possible.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

As I mentioned upthread, the Bills policy of refund requesters losing their seniority probably kept numbers low. 

Exactly.... That's why I said there's going to be a lot of visiting fans this year and I got trolled for it. I hate to say I was right but I was right!

No season ticket holder in his/her right mind is going to give up his spot that he's earned since 1982 or 1999 or whatever. They'll just dump and make some money & retain the same seats for next year.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unfortunately not all lawmakers seem to know the law - not kidding, wish I were.

I'm gonna bet there is a bunch of fine print on those tickets that reserve all sorts of rights to the seller, including the right to impose new restrictions on entry and the right to require compliance with state and local regulations.

Id have to agree, especially with your first statement. I didn’t listen to the entire segment, but it sounded like he was angling to get refunds for all fans including single game ticket holders. 

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

More empty seats to bang on. Remember last year’s playoff game

If the seat in front of you is occupied, I think you are allowed to bang on the occupant until they stand up. Check local statutes to confirm this. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

If the seat in front of you is occupied, I think you are allowed to bang on the occupant until they stand up. Check local statutes to confirm this. 

If its a fan from the opposing team I think you are allowed to pour drinks on them also,

Per Mahomies bro...

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, driddles said:

It's funny, no one wants to talk about the 6,500 Canadian season ticket holders who can't get over the border cause apparently we don't count, but I keep seeing threads pop up on Bills boards about the whopping 700+ who opted out.  700 will be noticed about as much as you noticed the missing 6,500. 

Aren't you used to being ignored by now?

14 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Early season games will be full for sure, late season poor weather/cold you might see empty seats even if the bills are really good

But thats usually how it goes anyways

A new open air stadium will fix that.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Id have to agree, especially with your first statement. I didn’t listen to the entire segment, but it sounded like he was angling to get refunds for all fans including single game ticket holders. 

Sounds like a political ploy.  Fans do not get refunds when games are repeatedly rescheduled.

10 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

Exactly.... That's why I said there's going to be a lot of visiting fans this year and I got trolled for it. I hate to say I was right but I was right!

No season ticket holder in his/her right mind is going to give up his spot that he's earned since 1982 or 1999 or whatever. They'll just dump and make some money & retain the same seats for next year.

Then next year they will do the same. It's not like the need to be vaccinated is going to just go away.