Stop Going To The Airport

corta765

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

Ok we've hit a point where the airport thing has lost its uniqness and specialness. Fans were at the gate Sunday after they beat Miami and I am here to say ya'll gotta stop.

When they broke the drought, when they clinched the division, heck when they truly clinched the playoffs against PIT in 2019 I get going those days. Those were big important days which celebrations are worth. I myself would've went in 2020 had they beat Houston as winning your first playoff game in 20+ years also is one of those big moments.

But were at the point people are just going for the sake of going. Beating a team to get to 1-1 ruins the coolness that had been established prior. Some of you may say I am no fun, but to me things like greeting the team at the airport should be received for occasions that grant it. Truth be told now that the team has made progress I'd rather see this held back to winning the AFC title, then just a regular season win that really isn't special at all.

You are no fun 

Ok we've hit a point where the airport thing has lost its uniqness and specialness. Fans were at the gate Sunday after they beat Miami and I am here to say ya'll gotta stop.

When they broke the drought, when they clinched the division, heck when they truly clinched the playoffs against PIT in 2019 I get going those days. Those were big important days which celebrations are worth. I myself would've went in 2020 had they beat Houston as winning your first playoff game in 20+ years also is one of those big moments.

But were at the point people are just going for the sake of going. Beating a team to get to 1-1 ruins the coolness that had been established prior. Some of you may say I am no fun, but to me things like greeting the team at the airport should be received for occasions that grant it. Truth be told now that the team has made progress I'd rather see this held back to winning the AFC title, then just a regular season win that really isn't special at all.

You are the self appointed fun police? 

No one is making you go are they?

Let people be, if they want to go whats the big deal, let them have their harmless fun.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Pretty sure @corta765 could start a thread titled "Stop Drinking Your Own Piss at Tailgates!" and the reactions would be the same.  

America, 2021. Where you can trick anyone to do anything by simply telling them to do the opposite, and watch them exercise their right to be contrarian.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Pretty sure @corta765 could start a thread titled "Stop Drinking Your Own Piss at Tailgates!" and the reactions would be the same.  

All kidding aside, I stopped drinking my own piss last year in week 9 at the Seattle game.

It's made a world of difference and I highly recommend others do it too.

• Haha (+1) 1

I couldn’t agree more. At some point we gotta act like we’re supposed to be winning these games

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

I couldn’t agree more. At some point we gotta act like we’re supposed to be winning these games

All my point was is this. Not many fan bases do what Bills fans do which I think is awesome. But the uniqueness goes away and because stale with something big like this when it’s all the time. Have bigger expectations why is that hard for people

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

All my point was is this. Not many fan bases do what Bills fans do which I think is awesome. But the uniqueness goes away and because stale with something big like this when it’s all the time. Have bigger expectations why is that hard for people

I expect Bills fans to be there after every game and maybe that is a big expectation. If not, can we even collectively call ourselves "fans?" Are we really the best fanbase in the world?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.