Haack is kicking really slow [Moderator Edited🤦‍♂️]

Gisele

6 minutes ago, Gisele said:

CLASSIC

30 years ago a 'hack' was a person of dubious skills in their area of supposed expertise.

15 years ago, a 'hack' was what a student did to the school's computer system to alter their grades.

Nowadays, a 'hack' is a shortcut to fixing a problem, or improving a process.

Anyone else confused? 🤔

44 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

4th and 16 from our 1? Might as well go for it 🤷‍♂️

So Tyrod passes for 11.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I think every single one of us noticed it when Pittsburgh blocked it.

Troubling that the block didn't seem to change his delivery.

No sense of urgency.

When 4 guys only block 3, that untouched blocker will usually block the punt no matter who ya got back there punting.

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Absolutely. Never got why we let Bojo go. Haack is absolutely terrible. Should have been cut already. Bring in someone off the street. I’ll sacrifice a few yards to ensure it doesn’t get blocked. 

Ironic given the username.  "Someone off the street" is just not a guaranteed improvement, or why do you think we wouldn't have, already.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

That's one ugly mother *****

It may be homely...but it was somebody's baby, once. 😢

image.jpeg.a8a7eecd407c233d8024f82c75f9f584.jpeg
"Too many edits to thread title.  Repeat fourth down.  New England Patriots awarded a conditional draft pick." TWEET

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, BarkLessWagMore said:

How does this get blocked? He is glacially slow on every punt. Disappointed with this signing for sure.

887025806_blockedpunt.thumb.jpg.da47cf482efd78d6e3b5464deedb2c73.jpg

This has already been discussed with far more than a single still shot as Bojo is starting his steps, before the guy breaks through (note that he is still 13 yards behind the LOS here and has not started his steps yet).  Go here for schematic and text description of what the "fail" in the blocking scheme was.

Steve Tasker said that Haack should have been 15 yards back, but I've been stopping film and looking at the yards and I think it's SOP across the league to shorten the distance down near the endzone - seemed to be 13 when kicking from inside the teams own 25.

1 hour ago, letsgoteam said:

I will agree with this too. I dont know if Haack is the answer or if they should find someone else, but Bojo was awful at holding. Bojo's bad holds go back to his time with Stephen Hauchska(spelling is wrong, I'm sorry). 

he needs to start walking as the ball is snapped!

Maybe I'm still traumatized from the Pittsburg game, but this guy Haak scares me.  Bring back Bojorquez; I don't know why we got rid of him.  The few times we called upon him to punt last year, he was excellent!

Edited by saundena
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Back2Buff said:

It's actually not slow at all.  What you are noticing, is a guy that gets more consistent hang time.  Haack is the way more consistent punter it terms of hang times.

If by hang time you mean he's spending a lot of time hanging around back there before he punts the ball, then I 100% agree. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He is slower.  Bojo is a "2 step punter" and Haack is a "3 step punter".

they are both 4 step punters. Kicking on 4th foot forward.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This has already been discussed with far more than a single still shot as Bojo is starting his steps, before the guy breaks through (note that he is still 13 yards behind the LOS here and has not started his steps yet).  Go here for schematic and text description of what the "fail" in the blocking scheme was.

Steve Tasker said that Haack should have been 15 yards back, but I've been stopping film and looking at the yards and I think it's SOP across the league to shorten the distance down near the endzone - seemed to be 13 when kicking from inside the teams own 25.

in that still Hauck has already taken one step. He and Bojo both take 4 steps. Kicking on 4th foot forward. Hauck is just much much slower.

16 minutes ago, cba fan said:

they are both 4 step punters. Kicking on 4th foot forward.

in that still Hauck has already taken one step. He and Bojo both take 4 steps. Kicking on 4th foot forward. Hauck is just much much slower.

I can't find it at the moment, but I saw an analysis where someone compared their motion and concluded Haack (not Hauck) takes an extra step.

Either way, my point stands that that still shot doesn't show a thing about how the punt got blocked.  The punter still has several steps to take, and the question is still unresolved as to whether the blockers and personal protector will pick everyone up.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I call it 4 steps. His first step is like a 2 step shuffle. Then two proper steps. Ugly. I will be honest I know it is a wild overreaction but I want him gone.

I want a pony.  Neither of us is getting what we want.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

the punting game is a place where we could see the next evolution...

Imagine a punter who could take the snap and start running, then either pass, keep running past the line of scrimmage, or punt while on the run with accuracy....

That would be a PIA to defend

Maybe, but it will slow down everyone along the line because if he passes - the lineman cannot go downfield.

My guess is this evolution leads to more penalties on the offense and more kicks that get returned because of a lack of coverage.

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Maybe, but it will slow down everyone along the line because if he passes - the lineman cannot go downfield.

My guess is this evolution leads to more penalties on the offense and more kicks that get returned because of a lack of coverage.

True...  I guess it would be like an option punt. Punt/Pass or punt/run.

Then again, you're right that there's probably a good reason this hasn't been tried by some sleep deprived special teams coach who spent too many hours at the facility! LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarkLessWagMore said:

How does this get blocked? He is glacially slow on every punt. Disappointed with this signing for sure.

887025806_blockedpunt.thumb.jpg.da47cf482efd78d6e3b5464deedb2c73.jpg

He is slow but that’s only 7 yard sprint for the guy who blocked it…he came almost untouched.  I think most punters on this case would have had theirs blocked too.