Haack is kicking really slow [Moderator Edited🤦‍♂️]

Gisele

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

How many has he had blocked versus how many has BoJo had blocked?

A quick review showed he has had 2 blocked over 5 years and almost 2x the number of kicks as Bojo.  

BoJo in half the number of kicks and fewer years has also had 2 blocked.

He is slower, but he has been that way his career and yet somehow with proper blocking he had only 1 blocked previously.

Additionally - I don’t care who was back there - because a guy came straight through virtually untouched - that kick was getting blocked.  That block was on the 2 guys that did not pick him up when he busted through.

Haack’s speed did him no favors, but that guy was not slowed down a bit.

So that cost us 6 points - now please do how many points BoJo cost us with missed XPs and FGs because he could not hold.  There were at least 4 kicks with the laces facing the wrong way last year alone.  

The Kicker gets blamed for a bad hold by BoJo.  It almost got Bass cut early last year.

I will agree with this too. I dont know if Haack is the answer or if they should find someone else, but Bojo was awful at holding. Bojo's bad holds go back to his time with Stephen Hauchska(spelling is wrong, I'm sorry). 

• Like (+1) 2

So where are the fancy stats to back up the “he’s really really really slow getting the punt off”?

…and if he didn’t have a punt blocked in week 1, how many keen eyes would be proclaiming that he is slow getting the punts off. 

Edited by BTB

I almost wonder if the slow wind up/triple step is coached as part of the punt team unit. To give the coverage team time to get downfield and setup blocks, close lanes and prevent big returns. A big knock on Bojorquez is that he would unleash bombs but frequently outkick the coverage which gave returners a lot of room to run.

I don't recall the slow wind up being a knock on Haack in MIA.

It is troubling that it's so slow and it looks like he's basically just getting the kick off every time but I wonder if this is a "feature" and not a "bug".

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree that Haack is slow.

But on the record, he only has 2 blocked punts: one in 2018 vs the Patriots, and one vs. the Steelers.

Yeah I knew about that stat too. 2 blocked punts only. But our eyes likely don't lie: he really looks slow out there. Weird as I'm sure the Bills brass measure those things. 

25 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think you can assume that the Bills were only going to pay Bojo 1.02 mil.

He may have simply priced himself out of Buffalo and screwed himself out of some money.

agree that the RFA qualify offer was likely too high so Bojo likely felt good about testing the market and rightly so, but had to wait until April to sign a lower-than-expected deal (Rams) and the Bills signed Haack very quickly, March 16, to 3 year deal, whereas Bojo got 1 year, and traded...

• Chandler#81 changed the title to Haack is kicking really slow [Moderator Edited🤦‍♂️]
49 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

With his slow step approach, could you imagine having to punt from the 1 yard line, where he only gets 10 yards of separation as opposed to his usual 15? Eek.

4th and 16 from our 1? Might as well go for it 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

I think Haack is a better punter. More height on kicks, takes advantage of our good punt coverage team. Bojo was good for a costly shank every couple games and he had no feel for the coffin corner kicks (yes, I am aware he did it on his longest kick last year).  

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Bojo kicked very well for gb last night

will never understand why Beane swapped him out.  we had the two best legs in the game and let one of them go.   Must be something underneath the bojo release we are not aware of... not buying the cap hit excuse.. 

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

Clearly not a process guy.

He was kicking for the Pack last nite.  The MNF crew said he had the longest and the shortest punt in the NFL last year.  A 77 yarder.  And a 12 yarder.  That's probably why he isn't punting for us any longer.  Inconsistent.