Peyton Manning on MNF .. when in New England had to avoid bugged locker room

CorkScrewHill

22 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yet with no evidence.

You can’t expect him to provide evidence on such a forum. Saying what he did on live television was already doing the max. Now that the claims were made…;he will probably address in a book or some highly marketed interview.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, DJB said:

I watched it. Essentially Eli asked Peyton if he was uncomfortable after the Giants and Pats played the SB in Indy and NE had the home team locker room. 

Peyton then jokingly was talking about cameras and recording devices near his locker so he and the other Indy WR's would huddle in the shower to talk plays lol. 

He was definitely joking about it but the shot at Brady and the Pats was great!

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't think he was kidding. He is quoted saying the same thing in the Spygate book by Bryan O'Leary which was released in 2012. If you haven't read the book yet you should.  It is very fair and researched account of the Patriots and their cheating ways.

https://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold-Story-Bryan-OLeary/dp/0985467002

I think he wasn't kidding in that they were seriously concerned it might be true  when hearing all the rumors, but had no definitive proof of it.  If you knew they were  there, why not rip them out.  But did lead them to a more cautious approach in what/where/when things were discussed.

Watching the Manning/Manning broadcast last night leaves me with a tough choice in a few weeks when the Bills are on Monday night, which broadcast do I watch; the real one on ESPN that follows the game and give a true play by play, but are terrible or the Mannings.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Said it was really odd as they needed to have meetings in the showers because they knew the locker room was bugged. The Patriots are just the worst.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/20/peyton-manning-discusses-concerns-that-locker-rooms-were-bugged-in-new-england/

Lol, count on Florio to stick up for the Cheatriots.

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oooh, Florio lays the smackdown: "After all, that’s a far better excuse for losing to the Patriots than saying, “They’re better than us and work harder than we do.”

Like F. Murray Abraham, I always refer to him as 'F. Mike Florio'. 🤨

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I think he wasn't kidding in that they were seriously concerned it might be true  when hearing all the rumors, but had no definitive proof of it.  If you knew they were  there, why not rip them out.  But did lead them to a more cautious approach in what/where/when things were discussed.

Watching the Manning/Manning broadcast last night leaves me with a tough choice in a few weeks when the Bills are on Monday night, which broadcast do I watch; the real one on ESPN that follows the game and give a true play by play, but are terrible or the Mannings.

Assuming you can find them. Rule #1 of bugging, hide the mics.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yet with no evidence.

It was destroyed just like Brady’s phone, the Deflator’s phone, the Super Bowl walkthrough tapes, the sideline originals, Edelman’s TB12 drug test, and your guess as to what else. The integrity of the game must not be questioned! 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Said it was really odd as they needed to have meetings in the showers because they knew the locker room was bugged. The Patriots are just the worst.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/20/peyton-manning-discusses-concerns-that-locker-rooms-were-bugged-in-new-england/

He was joking for gods sake.

10 hours ago, DJB said:

I watched it. Essentially Eli asked Peyton if he was uncomfortable after the Giants and Pats played the SB in Indy and NE had the home team locker room. 

Peyton then jokingly was talking about cameras and recording devices near his locker so he and the other Indy WR's would huddle in the shower to talk plays lol. 

He was definitely joking about it but the shot at Brady and the Pats was great!

THANK God, at least on other person not so wild with hate to believe Peyton was telling a real story.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Actual evidence? 

16 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Ask Roger Goodell.  He oversaw the destruction of all the evidence.

Ask former congressman Arlen Specter who threatened to have congress revoke the NFL's anti-trust exemption for destroying evidence. But wait a minute... Arlen Specter's dead!.... coincidence...?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Ask former congressman Arlen Specter who threatened to have congress revoke the NFL's anti-trust exemption for destroying evidence. But wait a minute... Arlen Specter's dead!.... coincidence...?

Not with Krafty's connections with KGB especially if investigation would reveal some KGB devices, etc.

Pats fans are extra salty about this one. They really have zero sense of humor in that fanbase.

But BB deserves his rep. He has always cut corners and tried to look for ways around the rules.  As most here know, he supposedly had his linemen kick the ball "accidently" at the LOS sporadically in the Bills/Giants SB, to slow down our offense.

Just play the game and win on the field.  BB is still the best coach ever.  He didn't have to do stuff like that.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Assuming you can find them. Rule #1 of bugging, hide the mics.

True, but if you really felt that was true, wouldn't you hire one of these "bug finders" who come in with their tin foil hats and wild gear and find them.  I'd think you'd want to do that to expose them to the league, likely cost a very large fine and maybe even draft picks.