"If Allen Plays Like Crap This Week, Accept that He's Simply Not Good

FilthyBeast
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

For the reading and discussing pleasure of those who wish to hypothesize that 2 or 3 games outweigh a full season as a sample set, Congratulations!  You have won your very own thread using the "magic" of the moderator "Split" function

For the reading and discussing pleasure of those who wish to discuss the upcoming game, let's try to keep the Week 3 WFT thread at least loosely on topic

Enjoy!

On 9/20/2021 at 1:13 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Agree, if Allen plays like crap again this week there are no more excuses. It will be time to accept that he's simply not good and behind closed doors in Orchard Park there will be serious buyers remorse knowing that he had a fluke year during the weird fanless covid year.

Washington has a good dline and but has struggled mightily overall and is lucky to be 1-1 right now. And even if they were a top defense Allen played extremely well against many top 10 defenses last year and has to show that again given his contract. Really hope he can turn it around and come out firing.

how about you jump in a Lake ?
 just a thought

:)

2 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

A moth goes into a podiatrist’s office, and the podiatrist’s office says, “What seems to be the problem, moth?”

The moth says “What’s the problem? Where do I begin, man? I go to work for Gregory Illinivich, and all day long I work. Honestly doc, I don’t even know what I’m doing anymore. I don’t even know if Gregory Illinivich knows. He only knows that he has power over me, and that seems to bring him happiness. But I don’t know, I wake up in a malaise, and I walk here and there… at night I…I sometimes wake up and I turn to some old lady in my bed that’s on my arm. A lady that I once loved, doc. I don’t know where to turn to. My youngest, Alexendria, she fell in the…in the cold of last year. The cold took her down, as it did many of us. And my other boy, and this is the hardest pill to swallow, doc. My other boy, Gregarro Ivinalititavitch… I no longer love him. As much as it pains me to say, when I look in his eyes, all I see is the same cowardice that I… that I catch when I take a glimpse of my own face in the mirror. If only I wasn’t such a coward, then perhaps…perhaps I could bring myself to reach over to that cocked and loaded gun that lays on the bedside behind me and end this hellish facade once and for all…Doc, sometimes I feel like a spider, even though I’m a moth, just barely hanging on to my web with an everlasting fire underneath me. I’m not feeling good. And so the doctor says, “Moth, man, you’re troubled. But you should be seeing a psychiatrist. Why on earth did you come here?”

And the moth says, “‘Cause the light was on.

you stole that from McDonald. and it has to be done by him for the affect 

But an A for effort :)

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, H2o said:

My opinion on Allen? He just signed a huge contract and it's in the back of his mind. He is such a competitor that right now he's trying to live up to expectations that come along with that contract. So in my humble opinion he looks to be feeling the pressure of living up to the hype. The OL is not doing him any favors, nor is Dabol right now with his play calling. Josh is a guy who seems to excel most when he gets into a rhythm early then it carries through the rest of the game. Dabol needs to call the game like that early so Josh can get those quick hitters and intermediate routes going. Dabol also needs to use more motion, like he did last year. It doesn't seem like they are right now to me. The OL also needs to keep the man from getting hit every 3 drop backs. I think Josh will be fine and this team will only get better with each passing week. To all of the people looking for reasons to jump off of the wagon? ✌️✌️ 

What qb has ever lit up the scoreboard when the defense could pressure him with 4 guys...not even the mighty 07 pats offense could do it...nor the chiefs offense last year.   The dude has been in an extremely difficult situation the first two weeks and he's played ok.  Idk how we can compare that to a season of games he played where most were in ideal circumstances last year and say hes regressed... its nuts. It's not his fault the offense couldn't play the jets week 1 this season 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

just a thought

I think if he doesn’t have a 75% completion percentage in the first quarter with a QB rating over 100 we should pull him! I mean, why wait? It’s obvious that he was just a flash in the pan who lost in the AFCCG last year. What a LOSER! A couple drives in the first quarter should seal his fate!   :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

What qb has ever lit up the scoreboard when the defense could pressure him with 4 guys...not even the mighty 07 pats offense could do it...nor the chiefs offense last year.   The dude has been in an extremely difficult situation the first two weeks and he's played ok.  Idk how we can compare that to a season of games he played where most were in ideal circumstances last year and say hes regressed... its nuts. It's not his fault the offense couldn't play the jets week 1 this season 

I am all for the don't judge a guy based on two games.

But to say he has been in extremely difficult situations and that is the problem?

He is missing plenty of open WR, overthrowing balls, underthrowing balls, etc. I dont think he has made that many what are you doing throws which is a good thing. Makes me think something is slightly off with his mechanics. This has always gotten JA in trouble at times and he needs to settle down and focus on the fundamentals. 

Edited by ngbills

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

But to say he has been in extremely difficult situations and that is the problem?

He is missing plenty of open WR, overthrowing balls, underthrowing balls, etc. I dont think he has made that many what are you doing throws which is a good thing. Makes me think he has something is slightly off with his mechanics. This has always gotten JA in trouble at times and he needs to settle down and focus on the fundamentals. 

You seem to have over looked, forgotten, or flat out disregarded that the vast majority of those balls you are referencing he was throwing under duress from the terrible blocking of the OL

Edited by Alphadawg7

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

He is missing plenty of open WR, overthrowing balls, underthrowing balls, etc. I dont think he has made that many what are you doing throws which is a good thing. Makes me think something is slightly off with his mechanics. This has always gotten JA in trouble at times and he needs to settle down and focus on the fundamentals. 

I agree with a lot of that but he has always done those things in the situations he has found himself in this season and he has been smarter with the football...that's literally my point 🤣 our pass blocking was solid for a lot of last season and it will likely be solid for a lot of this season but he hasn't had those games yet.  We got absolutely spanked in games where we got whooped by 4 man rushes last season and this season we could be a blocked punt away from 2-0 against two solid teams because he's managed the games pretty well rather than melting down trying to carry the team. it's unknowable at this point but he could easily be ahead of last season and as a complete football team we could be considerably ahead of last season 

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You seem to have over looked, forgotten, or flat out disregarded that the vast majority of those balls you are referencing he was throwing under duress from the terrible blocking of the OL

So your saying if our OL does not get better we are in for a long disappointing season? 

I would rather believe JA is going to figure this out. The OL is mostly what it is but may play slightly better. But JA will be the catalyst to get this offense right. 

4 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Please don't share this outside of this chat... but my cousin did a deep dive on all of this and said Josh Allen will be just fine

If he doesn't have a great stat line vs WFT it won't just be these boards that will be full of doomsayers. It will start to become a media narrative and I'm not looking forward to that kind of negativity.

33 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

just a thought

you stole that from McDonald. and it has to be done by him for the affect 

But an A for effort :)

I feel like that was an appropriately long distraction from this thread. Did not steal it and no apologies needed.

As a matter of fact I thought it tied the room together nice 😂

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Not really sure how this pertains to what I said when I noted he's gotten no favors from the OL or Daboll. I also said I expect him and our offense to get better as the year rolls along. I closed out by telling the people looking for reasons to jump off of the wagon right now ✌️✌️, as in deuces, or don't let the door hit you, or here let me give you a push, or :censored: off, or bye Felicia. I still hold to the thought that Allen is so competitive that he's pushing a bit right now though. That will wear off as the season goes along, as long as the OL does their job. 

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

Not really sure how this pertains to what I said when I noted he's gotten no favors from the OL or Daboll. I also said I expect him and our offense to get better as the year rolls along. I closed out by telling the people looking for reasons to jump off of the wagon right now ✌️✌️, as in deuces, or don't let the door hit you, or here let me give you a push, or :censored: off, or bye Felicia. I still hold to the thought that Allen is so competitive that he's pushing a bit right now though. That will wear off as the season goes along, as long as the OL does their job. 

Haha I didn't really make it clear enough 🤣 I agree with a lot of what you said but I dont think it has anything to do with his contract/him trying to hard.  He just historically hasn't been good at the looks the defenses the first two weeks have been able to throw at us personell wise but really nobody is.  Miamis defense is really not a great matchup for us but Brian Flores has put together laughable game plans up until Sunday that played right into Josh's strengths. We really could be seeing a better josh allen than last year he normally absolutely melts down in games like that like the chiefs game and the titans game last season

• Haha (+1) 1

You sound like an intelligent person. Surely a QB throughout a game can make several great throws and reads. That isn't indicative of the QB having a good game. It's not all or none.  It's pretty basic and I'm sure you can comprehend that. Your post just sounds like your trying to get into a war of words with me. I'm not interested in that. Let's move on...No hard feelings here. 

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha I didn't really make it clear enough 🤣 I agree with a lot of what you said but I dont think it has anything to do with his contract/him trying to hard.  He just historically hasn't been good at the looks the defenses the first two weeks have been able to throw at us personell wise but really nobody is.  Miamis defense is really not a great matchup for us but Brian Flores has put together laughable game plans up until Sunday that played right into Josh's strengths. We really could be seeing a better josh allen than last year he normally absolutely melts down in games like that like the chiefs game and the titans game last season

Ahhhh, my fault for misunderstanding my friend. My apologies. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I think if he doesn’t have a 75% completion percentage in the first quarter with a QB rating over 100 we should pull him! I mean, why wait? It’s obvious that he was just a flash in the pan who lost in the AFCCG last year. What a LOSER! A couple drives in the first quarter should seal his fate!   :)

Is Nathan Peterman still available ?

😏

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, r00tabaga said:

I feel like that was an appropriately long distraction from this thread. Did not steal it and no apologies needed.

As a matter of fact I thought it tied the room together nice 😂

I am delighted we can discuss multiple perspectives and viewpoints
Like i mentioned, very nice effort 😃
 and anything from Norm still brings a smile. regardless of topic at hand.

BTW who is behind the Trubisky Kid ? just in case this gets ugly early in the game.

57 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You sound like an intelligent person. Surely a QB throughout a game can make several great throws and reads. That isn't indicative of the QB having a good game. It's not all or none.  It's pretty basic and I'm sure you can comprehend that. Your post just sounds like your trying to get into a war of words with me. I'm not interested in that. Let's move on...No hard feelings here. 

quitter

🙄

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I am delighted we can discuss multiple perspectives and viewpoints
Like i mentioned, very nice effort 😃
 and anything from Norm still brings a smile. regardless of topic at hand.

BTW who is behind the Trubisky Kid ? just in case this gets ugly early in the game.

quitter

🙄

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1