"If Allen Plays Like Crap This Week, Accept that He's Simply Not Good

FilthyBeast
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

For the reading and discussing pleasure of those who wish to hypothesize that 2 or 3 games outweigh a full season as a sample set, Congratulations!  You have won your very own thread using the "magic" of the moderator "Split" function

For the reading and discussing pleasure of those who wish to discuss the upcoming game, let's try to keep the Week 3 WFT thread at least loosely on topic

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Success said:

So, aren't you taking more of a 2-game sample, while others are basing their predictions on an entire season of play (2020)?

Scientifically speaking, there is a much great probability that Allen is who he was last year, than who we've seen by mid-September this year.

I'd love to see the scientific data. 

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

For future reference, the words it’s really this simple shouldn’t be followed by a backwards, convoluted response. Who just throws out an MVP caliber season after two games? While not letting 3 years ago go? This board can be dreadful 

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's really this simple, until Allen proves last year wasn't a fluke he's the same guy we saw in 2018/2019 right now....extremely erratic with a few glipses of greatness sprinkled in. You don't pay $250M for that, not even close and we have the right to demand better as fans since there were many of us that understood last year could have been an outlier and not really who Allen is. And you can't make the comparison to midseason last year since he came out guns blazing in the first four games.

He's been terrible from the get go and now we also now Pittsburgh isn't nearly as good as we thought either given Carr's performance yesterday. Honestly Allen is lucky he didn't have 3 or 4 INT yesterday but obviously it's not under the microscope so to speak because our defense gave one of the best performances of the McD/Frazier era.

Allen must get his head right quickly starting this week.

10 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I say if you make the decision that Josh Allen is not as good as advertised because he opens the season with 3 average games, you will forever be wishing you had better. Probably would have complained in the Kelly Era as well.

But don't let me get in the way of your misery, carry on.

Yep.

Some youngins on here didn’t see the Kelly era and don’t remember this same worthless devaluation of him back then. Kelly had some serious rough stretches during his SB seasons.
   You can’t win every game. Sometimes QBs go through rough patches: Marino did. Manning Did. 
    Mahomes had a game where he threw three picks against the Fins at the end of last year?!?! Last years Dolphins!!! I guess it’s no surprise when he stunk it up in the Super Bowl. Mahomes is a bum??? The Chiefs overpaid????

WT ever living F is wrong with some of you😳

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well I would have started my own thread about this but that would be stupid.

I'm telling you right now. I rewatched the game and im going to tell you guys right now. Something clicked for Josh starting in the 2nd half and clicked mid way through the 4th for him and he is back. It was something about his body movement that was different. Less glittery and more confident. Hard to explain but real none the less.

Yes our guy Josh Allen is back. Now of course you guys are going to say I'm crazy or you will believe it when you see it BUT  will lay my down my prediction right now.

260 passing 67% 2 Tds and 0 ints. It would be more put i do feel they are going to continue to try to be a more balanced offense. Book It. GO BILLS!

Edited by Protocal69
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Every QB has lulls.  Remember when Brady threw 4 Int’s against us when Fitzy won the game several years back. It’s been two freakin games and this is nothing more than people who have been waiting to trash Allen or any other part of the Bills to support their agenda.  I’m not a kook aid fan, and yes Allen hasn’t played in two games what he avg. last year, but he’s also not horrible.  When an offense plays that well for 19 games or at least 16 of 19 games (Allen actually played well in AZ as I see that as a fluke loss). Opposing DC’s have an entire off season to figure out how to counter their opponent.  Tomlin was scorched by the Pats for years who Daboll takes a lot of his scheme from past experiences at the Pats.  So Tomlin’s guys did exactly the opposite of what they normally do.  They didn’t blitz a lot, they covered up the middle of the field dropping 7-8 guys and took away from Josh the 15-25 yard passing routes.  

It was Daboll who didn’t adjust and McD, didn’t take a role to counter Daboll and direct him to run more, or play to our strengths.  Sure Allen had a bad game, but it’s a team that wins or loses.  We won 35- freakin Nothing.  After three years of a progression from Allen going from 53%, to 59%, to 69%, and an improved cast each year, he’s not perfect, but he is certainly amongst the National media and players considered one of the top 5-7 QB’s in the NFL.  Do you want Tannehill, Darnold, Winston, Z. Wilson, Dalton, Fitzy, Tyrod, Carr, and I can keep going?  Of course not.

For me it’s onto WFT.  They have a tough front four and I’m guessing this will be a tighter game than many expect.  I still believe we will win, and the following week.  We’ll be 3-1 going into the Chiefs game, then we will be tested by a SB team.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Yep.

Some youngins on here didn’t see the Kelly era and don’t remember this same worthless devaluation of him back then. Kelly had some serious rough stretches during his SB seasons.
   You can’t win every game. Sometimes QBs go through rough patches: Marino did. Manning Did. 
    Mahomes had a game where he threw three picks against the Fins at the end of last year?!?! Last years Dolphins!!! I guess it’s no surprise when he stunk it up in the Super Bowl. Mahomes is a bum??? The Chiefs overpaid????

WT ever living F is wrong with some of you😳

There were times Kelly was so bad it was ridiculous at times. If I’m correct wasn’t it Thurman who called out Kelly publicly about his struggles? 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Every QB has lulls.  Remember when Brady threw 4 Int’s against us when Fitzy won the game several years back. It’s been two freakin games and this is nothing more than people who have been waiting to trash Allen or any other part of the Bills to support their agenda.  I’m not a kook aid fan, and yes Allen hasn’t played in two games what he avg. last year, but he’s also not horrible.  When an offense plays that well for 19 games or at least 16 of 19 games (Allen actually played well in AZ as I see that as a fluke loss). Opposing DC’s have an entire off season to figure out how to counter their opponent.  Tomlin was scorched by the Pats for years who Daboll takes a lot of his scheme from past experiences at the Pats.  So Tomlin’s guys did exactly the opposite of what they normally do.  They didn’t blitz a lot, they covered up the middle of the field dropping 7-8 guys and took away from Josh the 15-25 yard passing routes.  

It was Daboll who didn’t adjust and McD, didn’t take a role to counter Daboll and direct him to run more, or play to our strengths.  Sure Allen had a bad game, but it’s a team that wins or loses.  We won 35- freakin Nothing.  After three years of a progression from Allen going from 53%, to 59%, to 69%, and an improved cast each year, he’s not perfect, but he is certainly amongst the National media and players considered one of the top 5-7 QB’s in the NFL.  Do you want Tannehill, Darnold, Winston, Z. Wilson, Dalton, Fitzy, Tyrod, Carr, and I can keep going?  Of course not.

For me it’s onto WFT.  They have a tough front four and I’m guessing this will be a tighter game than many expect.  I still believe we will win, and the following week.  We’ll be 3-1 going into the Chiefs game, then we will be tested by a SB team.

You are absolutely right. The one thing I will say is that players do respect Allen play. For example in the postagame Xavier Howard was asked what happened on that Diggs TD  and he basically said Josh Allen being Josh Allen scrambling and found him.

The fact that he said Josh Allen being Josh Allen shows a level of respect for his playmaking ability 

• Like (+1) 1

In the words of Aaron Rodgers, everyone just needs to "relax". Josh Allen will NOT  be a bust. He just received a huge contract that I'm sure makes him press. All 5 members of his OL are struggling in different ways. His OC still is calling some real head scratchers. Dabol will have to turn over the playbook and switch it up.  It's completely comical for some to say empty stadiums had anything to do with his success. He's more than demonstrated his talent and athleticism. Yes he personally has to clean up the accuracy and field vision issues. But consider this season as a post covid reset. Stop running to the nearest panic button. It wouldn't surprise me if we shut out Washington. 

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Agree, if Allen plays like crap again this week there are no more excuses. It will be time to accept that he's simply not good and behind closed doors in Orchard Park there will be serious buyers remorse knowing that he had a fluke year during the weird fanless covid year.

Washington has a good dline and but has struggled mightily overall and is lucky to be 1-1 right now. And even if they were a top defense Allen played extremely well against many top 10 defenses last year and has to show that again given his contract. Really hope he can turn it around and come out firing.

Quoting the legendary @DC Tom, you’re a moron.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That was last week. Try to keep up.  Now we think he can't play well, period, 'cuz he 's just not that good.  We demand better because we deserve it!  <--sar chasm

Are you not at all concerned that certain posters are concerned and demand that everyone be concerned about the concerns they are concerned everyone be concerned about? 

Here's what I picture the concerned looking like as they stew in their concerns. 

Dana Carvey What GIF by Saturday Night Live

7 hours ago, Pokebball said:

and if he plays well?

A year and a half, really

They were a wild card team

If he plays like the last two weeks he sucks

If he plays well then its just WFT and they suck.

Thats how Bills fans roll.

Already seen posts about how last season Allen wasn't good because the last 6 games were bad teams.