Bills working out CB Quinton Dunbar and S Damarious Randall

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

What took so long?? I’ve been asking about him since camp 

Maybe he was nursing an injury. Either way am not reading too much into it. As imagine this just one of those weekly bring in 10 or so guys a d see if better than we have now and Dunbar is biggest name on the list.

19 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Interesting, I think at this point though would be more interested in working out any viable oline help.

Nothing out there is viable.  Between Active and PS you're looking at like 350 offensive linemen who already have jobs.  

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Maybe he was nursing an injury. Either way am not reading too much into it. As imagine this just one of those weekly bring in 10 or so guys a d see if better than we have now and Dunbar is biggest name on the list.

I believe he missed most of camp.

Beanie has stated before they bring guys in to get a look and have some data on them in case of a future injury. With the veteran PS rule changes this year, maybe they can sign him to PS and let him learn the system and get in shape for future use. 

I can see why the NFLPA pushes back so hard on 17 and 18 game schedules. The season is grueling. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills working out CB Quinton Dunbar and S Damarious Randall
On 9/20/2021 at 1:25 PM, machine gun kelly said:

Matty, spot on it was cramps, same as Edmunds.  Why bother after an IV going in when you’re winning and dominating that much.  Im going to say this all year.  Listen to guys who aren’t hot takes but spent significant time in the NFL like former GM’s.  They’ll tell you every time you see a guy getting worked out, it normally doesn’t end up in a contract.  What happens is the Bills in this case we find out they can still play, they can play in our system, and the medical is done.

Now when a guy does go down, we can just call the agent on Monday and offer him a mid season contract.  MYbe they sign him, but I don’t get worked up at all with these workouts.  It’s just smart forward thinking like a man name The Beaner.

Nalled It. Again.
Smart Management from McBeanes and staff

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Beane has done this since he became GM. He continually works out players they might sign in the case of an injury so they're familiar with them. Yet.. every time, we have this "Where's the Pegula Jet?!" freak out. 

I feel it is also to scout them for two reasons.
Get to know as many players as possible. You might be playing against them too :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1