What happens if Tua Doesn’t Get Hurt?

JohnNord

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Do you think the score is any closer or that Miami capitalizes on some of the empty 2nd quarter trips to the red zone?  

I know the sample size was small but it seems like Tua was a deer in the headlights and while his OL did him no favors I think his head was spinning with the free blitzes that were coming through

What did he accomplish up to the point he got hurt and left the game ? I'm thinking just more of the same he may have been able to score but not nearly enough to make a difference the Bills D was smothering them at just about every turn so closer 🤔 maybe but not even close enough for a victory .

I was more concerned with Brisset coming in, since the defensive game plan expected Tua. I'm not sure about the stats, but Brisset probably has more game experience than Tua and, obviously, more years in the league.

When Tua went to the locker room, I flashed back to the "old Bills" vs. the Vikings. Our defense seemed to be handling Favre pretty well, but when Brett "crossed the Moats" and left the game injured, Tarvaris Jackson torched our D.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Do you think the score is any closer or that Miami capitalizes on some of the empty 2nd quarter trips to the red zone?  

I know the sample size was small but it seems like Tua was a deer in the headlights and while his OL did him no favors I think his head was spinning with the free blitzes that were coming through

Bills win by 60+

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Tua ends up in the graveyard.

Tua dropped back 4 times, Hit all 4 Times times and put in the lockerroom on one of them

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I think we still win no matter what but think Tua is still better than Brissett so probably would have been able to at the very least get the garbage time scores that he couldn't against this defense.

But at this point it's probably safe to say the Dolphins ceiling this year is similar to last year in terms of being a fringe wild card type of team unless they decide to meet the Texans ridiculous demands for Watson then that changes everything.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think we still win no matter what but think Tua is still better than Brissett so probably would have been able to at the very least get the garbage time scores that he couldn't against this defense.

But at this point it's probably safe to say the Dolphins ceiling this year is similar to last year in terms of being a fringe wild card type of team unless they decide to meet the Texans ridiculous demands for Watson then that changes everything.

I think fringe wild card is Tua’s ceiling as QB.  I think that if your team is good everywhere else he can take you to the playoffs.  But I don’t think the team goes anywhere 

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I thought Brissett played pretty well except for the pick. The number of drops of good passes was ungodly. 

He looked woefully out of shape to me.   He had that look in his eye like he had far too much booze or red meat the night before.   He was a better QB than that starting for Indy.   What he did better than Tua was recognize the blitz and fling the ball in the right general direction but it wasn't threatening in the least, IMO.    

18 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I’ll say it like this, I was more concerned when Brissett came in.

I agree and not just because I think Brissett is just as good as Tua, but with experience.

My bigger concern was that the aggressive defense we had seen - created for a left handed Tua was going to get abandoned because we now had a right handed, more experienced QB in the game.

I was thrilled to see them stay aggressive - although the very first play - that side arm completion around the blitzer gave me pause that Brissett was going to play out of his mind - in the end the defense stayed the course and blew them out.

Edited by Rochesterfan

19 hours ago, T master said:

What did he accomplish up to the point he got hurt and left the game ? I'm thinking just more of the same he may have been able to score but not nearly enough to make a difference the Bills D was smothering them at just about every turn so closer 🤔 maybe but not even close enough for a victory .

I think at some point our collective humanity kicks in and the crowd chants “Mercy” in unison.  It’s what separates us from the animals, or in this case fish-mamals.