What happens if Tua Doesn’t Get Hurt?

JohnNord

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I thought Brissett played pretty well except for the pick. The number of drops of good passes was ungodly. 

I agree Brissett looked better than Tua, but I think Tua is sneaky enough to at least put a FG on the board earlier in the game.

We'll never know b/c Tua did get hurt, and quite early! 

I think it would have been a different game, but with the same outcome.

Miami played terribly as a team and had breakdowns all over the place that went beyond QB performance.

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

If Tua didn't get injured, I think there's a serious chance he might have gotten benched. He looked lost out there.

Unless he got hurt on another play first.   Brissett is smart and incredibly tough.   He could survive under that pressure.  Tua couldn't.  Benched or hurt looked like his options.  

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Do you think the score is any closer or that Miami capitalizes on some of the empty 2nd quarter trips to the red zone?  

I know the sample size was small but it seems like Tua was a deer in the headlights and while his OL did him no favors I think his head was spinning with the free blitzes that were coming through

No, I think the score is more lop-sided.  Tua seemed to be really struggling understanding our D and leaving pass rushers unblocked off the edge.

• Like (+1) 3