A good point from a Dolphins fan (Fins message board)

Thunderstruck

20 hours ago, mannc said:

Is anyone else starting to question whether Flores is actually a good head coach?  

I don't think he is. They have improved their record each year, but there have been some super fluky wins

They beat the rams with 155 yards of offense

Against the chargers they blocked a punt on the first possession and won by 7

Beat the Bengals with Brandon Allen

Beat the Jets twice (with Fitz)

Beat San Fran with Jimmy G hurt early 

6 wins in fluky fashion. The dolphins have a ton of talent but its disjointed and their roster doesnt make much sense to me

Why does Will Fuller who has never had 900 yards receiving (with Watson as his QB) have a 10 million dollar cap hit?

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/20/2021 at 7:20 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

I am not exactly sure what this means.

That said - for the Dolphins, getting demolished by a division rival in their home opener like that is potentially a huge turning point/setback for the organization.  Not sure where they go from here.  Think about this: they spent all offseason working on their defense solving Josh Allen and then lost 35-0 without Allen doing too much.  Now they have to fix their entire offense, too.  They're pretty screwed and it's a huge bonus for the Bills.

Tua is not the answer and I think they knew that last year. They couldn't grab Watson. This division will come down to us and the Cheats. Flores is a good coach but without a qb they're stuck. 

On 9/20/2021 at 10:28 AM, ScottLaw said:

Our QB kindve played like a JAG…. I think it means they push even harder for Watson…

Easy to say until you see what a JAG wouldve done that game lol coverage was tight...rush was coming quick even when we kept extra blockers in.  2019 Allen throws 3+ picks that game...Peterman throws 12 picks that game 🤣

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Tua is not the answer and I think they knew that last year. They couldn't grab Watson. This division will come down to us and the Cheats. Flores is a good coach but without a qb they're stuck. 

I love how they sold the 'bringing in fitzpatrick as the closer at qb' as not being based on their low confidence in Tua loll I don't think Flores is a good coach...he did a lot with minimal talent but he hasn't done much more with a good amount of talent. 

On 9/20/2021 at 1:44 PM, starrymessenger said:

Talent wise, excluding Allen, the Fins are comparable to the Bills. But they can't, or at least haven't, beaten us in years.  Must be we are just a terrible matchup for them, though I'm not sure exactly why. 

The Dolphins aren't comparable to the Bills by a long shot.

7 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I don't think he is. They have improved their record each year, but there have been some super fluky wins

6 wins in fluky fashion. The dolphins have a ton of talent but its disjointed and their roster doesnt make much sense to me

Why does Will Fuller who has never had 900 yards receiving (with Watson as his QB) have a 10 million dollar cap hit?

Don't forget the fluky way they beat the Raiders too.

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Dolphins aren't comparable to the Bills by a long shot.

Don't forget the fluky way they beat the Raiders too.

Agreed. When your last two meetings are 30 and 35 points difference, that is a serious talent gap

Totally forgot about the raiders game!

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I said last season he was a bad coach when he played QB carousel weekly.

Agreed. When the media said he was a genius for doing that I wondered what the hell they were talking about. Benching your top 5 pick for a journeyman reeks of desperation 

On 9/20/2021 at 9:20 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

I am not exactly sure what this means.

That said - for the Dolphins, getting demolished by a division rival in their home opener like that is potentially a huge turning point/setback for the organization.  Not sure where they go from here.  Think about this: they spent all offseason working on their defense solving Josh Allen and then lost 35-0 without Allen doing too much.  Now they have to fix their entire offense, too.  They're pretty screwed and it's a huge bonus for the Bills.

What worries me is that they still have lots of draft capital and that they’ll find a way to massage Watson on to their roster 

22 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'd even argue arizona - cards missed a FG so all miami had to do was run clock at the end.  Probably the flukiest one was the raiders with fitz chucking it up and getting the facemask tacked on to put them in FG range (59 yarder to 44 yarder).  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/20/2021 at 11:44 AM, starrymessenger said:

Talent wise, excluding Allen, the Fins are comparable to the Bills. But they can't, or at least haven't, beaten us in years.  Must be we are just a terrible matchup for them, though I'm not sure exactly why. 

I don't think that's true. They have a really good secondary. Other than that I'd say they are at least slightly worse with nearly every other position group.

They are still building.

9 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't think that's true. They have a really good secondary. Other than that I'd say they are at least slightly worse with nearly every other position group.

They are still building.

Yeah I did not express myself very well. I was looking for something, perhaps scheme wise, that could help explain Bills dominance of Miami. Starting point was my belief that Miami is a pretty good team (though still building)- they won 10 games last year, came second in the Division, all with mediocre QB play. In making a general comparison of the teams I thought that QBs should be excluded since Allen has been so much better but of course that makes no sense because Allen is in large part the reason why Miami can't beat Buffalo. 

So it would have been better to ask what enables Allen to so completely own Miami, a team with a good defence. Why does he have more success against them than he does against other teams. He beat them up routinely before his breakout last year so its nothing new and has nothing to do with the improvement of his play. Usually when a team or athlete owns another there is a reason for it. 

5 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Yeah I did not express myself very well. I was looking for something, perhaps scheme wise, that could help explain Bills dominance of Miami. Starting point was my belief that Miami is a pretty good team (though still building)- they won 10 games last year, came second in the Division, all with mediocre QB play. In making a general comparison of the teams I thought that QBs should be excluded since Allen has been so much better but of course that makes no sense because Allen is in large part the reason why Miami can't beat Buffalo. 

So it would have been better to ask what enables Allen to so completely own Miami, a team with a good defence. Why does he have more success against them than he does against other teams. He beat them up routinely before his breakout last year so its nothing new and has nothing to do with the improvement of his play. Usually when a team or athlete owns another there is a reason for it. 

Allen didn't really perform that well this time around, so I guess the real difference is the coaches knowing how to scheme against the..

Edited by MJS

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

Allen did really perform that well this time around, so I guess the real difference is the coaches knowing how to scheme against the..

Flores put a nice defensive game plan together finally...it took him like 5 tries. He was stubbornly running a scheme that josh allen excels against up until last Sunday. Of course our front 7 absolutely annihilated them the game Flores finally got his defense right lol Tua was getting sacked 10+ times without a doubt.  I thought brissett actually showed some flashes considering we were in the backfield all game long 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/20/2021 at 6:27 AM, Thunderstruck said:

For those not familiar with the picture- that is Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan. You can look up the whole story if you are interested, but basically Harding knew she couldn't beat Kerrigan on the ice so she hired a hitman to take out her knee (was it with a tire iron or something like that?)

Anyway- the first Fins fan was suggesting they would have to take out Josh Allen to have a chance to beat the Bills. The second Fins fan reminded him that they scored zero points and Mitch Trubisky would have still beaten them.

This isn't right.  A friend of a friend of Harding's thought he'd do something smart and have Kerrigan attacked.  Harding had nothing to do with it and was not aware of the plan.  And it really worked out badly for Harding.  Kerrigan went to the Olympics, and Harding got permanently banned from figure skating.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/23/2021 at 7:59 PM, Utah John said:

This isn't right.  A friend of a friend of Harding's thought he'd do something smart and have Kerrigan attacked.  Harding had nothing to do with it and was not aware of the plan.  And it really worked out badly for Harding.  Kerrigan went to the Olympics, and Harding got permanently banned from figure skating.  

Thanks for the correction. It's been a long time and I didn't really go back to check out all the facts as I wasn't sure it was entirely relevant to the joke. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/22/2021 at 8:13 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

Agreed. When your last two meetings are 30 and 35 points difference, that is a serious talent gap

Totally forgot about the raiders game!

Agreed. When the media said he was a genius for doing that I wondered what the hell they were talking about. Benching your top 5 pick for a journeyman reeks of desperation 

Absolutely. God, could you imagine Buffalo ever doing something so crazy? I mean, you’d have to have a coach like Doug Marrone to consider something like that. And even he wouldn’t do that to a top 5 qb…

Now, a top-16 first round pick vs Uncle Rico… maybe… but THAT isn’t desperate at all! Right? Right?!? 🤣🤣🤣