A good point from a Dolphins fan (Fins message board)

Thunderstruck

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am not exactly sure what this means.

That said - for the Dolphins, getting demolished by a division rival in their home opener like that is potentially a huge turning point/setback for the organization.  Not sure where they go from here.  Think about this: they spent all offseason working on their defense solving Josh Allen and then lost 35-0 without Allen doing too much.  Now they have to fix their entire offense, too.  They're pretty screwed and it's a huge bonus for the Bills.

I'm not totally sure I get the point either, and yes I got the Harding/Shane Shant/Kerrigan incident reference...who didn't?

The comment can be interpreted to mean Trubisky is so bad, he may not have been able to win a game in which his opponent scored zero points.  So they should have taken Allen out with a pipe blow to the knee to get our backup in the game.  

I can see why some Bills fans wouldn't get that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm not totally sure I get the point either, and yes I got the Harding/Shane Shant/Kerrigan incident reference...who didn't?

The comment can be interpreted to mean Trubisky is so bad, he may not have been able to win a game in which his opponent scored zero points.  So they should have taken Allen out with a pipe blow to the knee to get our backup in the game.  

I can see why some Bills fans wouldn't get that.

Thank you.  This is exactly what I meant.

Flores has done a good job there, as has Grier.  They have turned a laughing stock into a decent team in pretty short order.

The two dustings by the Bills in games that matter really hurts though.  As does missing the playoffs last season.  

IMO Brissett is a perfect QB for them right now (not Tua).  I thought he played great yesterday, all things considered.  They might get a Ryan Fitzpatrick type of bump if Tua misses time.  

I think they will struggle to get to 10 wins, which could likely miss the playoffs.  At that point, they are past the point where everyone is impressed and it is a flat out disappointment.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Good point- I was hoping they would hold onto hope and waste a few good years with Tua at the helm, but this game probably blew the top off of that.

Now we can hope that they waste picks trading for Watson only to find out he will never play another down.

I know, but can Ross pull a Jerrah or New Orleans back in the day for Ganga Ricky and give away 5 1sts please for Watson, then Watson gets suspended for a year. (Exaggeration guys) so they are in draft heck forever.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am not exactly sure what this means.

That said - for the Dolphins, getting demolished by a division rival in their home opener like that is potentially a huge turning point/setback for the organization.  Not sure where they go from here.  Think about this: they spent all offseason working on their defense solving Josh Allen and then lost 35-0 without Allen doing too much.  Now they have to fix their entire offense, too.  They're pretty screwed and it's a huge bonus for the Bills.

Is anyone else starting to question whether Flores is actually a good head coach?  

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Talent wise, excluding Allen, the Fins are comparable to the Bills. But they can't, or at least haven't, beaten us in years.  Must be we are just a terrible matchup for them, though I'm not sure exactly why. 

Other than yesterday, the answer is in bold.

Yesterday, it was because the Bills D confused the hell out of two inexperienced QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Harding.thumb.PNG.9d7754d09fa3cac502d5216727e4d7da.PNG

This picture is seriously not a joke.....when Josh got shoved out of bounds on that one play a Fins coach actually tried to injure him

33 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Other than yesterday, the answer is in bold.

Yesterday, it was because the Bills D confused the hell out of two inexperienced QBs.

Yep....the one under center makes a HUGE difference....tip of the spear

59 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's all on Flores.  He had a great 14 last year, Fish on the way to the playoffs, then inexplicably starts Tua.  Releases Fitz in the off-season, now they have an ersatz 14 in Brisset when Tua goes down.  Flores should be fired, but let's hope the Fish keep him, dude is a loser.

He also brought in a bunch of vets and gave them leadership/captaincy roles to help instill his "culture" and then cut a bunch of them this offseason.  Van Noy went off about it in August, he's not a fan...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WhoTom said:

"You can't even take out an opponent's knee anymore." - Matt Millen

When the game started, I actually thought that there was no way Millen could be a worse color analyst than he was a GM. Boy, was I wrong. Woof...

Mea culpa.

22 hours ago, chris heff said:

What good would that do them? The only reason Watson is not on the Commissioner’s exempt list is because the Texans handled it. The minute somebody, anybody tries to activate Watson he’s going on that list.

It is not that simple otherwise they should start him and let NFL put him on Commissioner’s exempt list.

At minimum they get a slot.  At maximum his salary is paid for by NFL depending on how they do it.

It is amazing that he is getting welfare for a year.

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is not that simple otherwise they should start him and let NFL put him on Commissioner’s exempt list.

At minimum they get a slot.  At maximum his salary is paid for by NFL depending on how they do it.

It is amazing that he is getting welfare for a year.

So why aren’t they?

38 minutes ago, chris heff said:

So why aren’t they?

Probably not willing to take the hit - ticket and item sales, press distractions, team turmoil, maybe even protests, etc.

Not sure what pressure league is putting on them.

They may think he has more trade value this way then putting him in game where he says he did not want to be on team before accusations started.