Trubisky performing the final kneel-downs?

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

I seem to be in the minority on this, but I thought Trubisky should have come in after the score was 28-0.

To your point, I agree - since they kept Josh in the game, he should have led the victory formation and taken the kneel-down snaps. Not because of the danger of a botched snap - at 35-0, who cares? - but because he earned it.

Could this have possibly created a QB controversy if Trubisky comes in and starts dropping dimes?   Not like we haven't been there before. 

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

I seem to be in the minority on this, but I thought Trubisky should have come in after the score was 28-0.

To your point, I agree - since they kept Josh in the game, he should have led the victory formation and taken the kneel-down snaps. Not because of the danger of a botched snap - at 35-0, who cares? - but because he earned it.

I think Josh needs the reps.  He's in a funk and needs to work some stuff out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BoccesOnTransit said:

Not that it really matters, but I was surprised to see Trubisky carry out the (usually) trivial final kneel downs at the end of the game.

In considering pros and cons of having the (cold) backup QB handle this duty, I couldn't think of any pros (give Josh a rest?), but I can think of a con: A fumbled snap.

Wouldn't it be better for the already-warmed up starter, who has been taking handoffs from Morse all game, to handle the final duties?

you're worried about a fumbled snap in last seconds of a 35-0 game?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not that it really matters, but I was surprised to see Trubisky carry out the (usually) trivial final kneel downs at the end of the game.

In considering pros and cons of having the (cold) backup QB handle this duty, I couldn't think of any pros (give Josh a rest?), but I can think of a con: A fumbled snap.

Wouldn't it be better for the already-warmed up starter, who has been taking handoffs from Morse all game, to handle the final duties?

Not a concern in the least - if the team had a plan to use Mitch in victory formation- then they probably had him taking snaps before heading out - therefore I don’t think the risk was any greater.

I would also rather at this point have Mitch trying to recover a fumble in victory time rather than Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

I am a HUGE Josh Allen fan, but have you not seen his play so far this season? Im glad they didn’t pull him when we were up 28-0. He needs as much game-time practice as he can get right now 

*in my opinion its all in his head, and has to do with the fans/crowd noise 

I suspect that would enter their thinking if they were not up by 5 possessions.  A lead that big alters almost all normal game concerns.

32 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I think Josh needs the reps.  He's in a funk and needs to work some stuff out.

20 minutes ago, PRBills said:

I am a HUGE Josh Allen fan, but have you not seen his play so far this season? Im glad they didn’t pull him when we were up 28-0. He needs as much game-time practice as he can get right now 

*in my opinion its all in his head, and has to do with the fans/crowd noise 

Yeah, I figured they left him in so he could gain some confidence. Maybe it worked - that long throw to Diggs could have been just what the doctor ordered. I could have lived without the designed QB runs, however.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

Yeah, I figured the left him in so he could gain some confidence. Maybe it worked - that long throw to Diggs could have been just what the doctor ordered. I could have lived without the designed QB runs, however.

Agreed on all counts.  The great thing is Diggs isn't frustrated with him at all.  He's been really supportive, it seems.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

Could this have possibly created a QB controversy if Trubisky comes in and starts dropping dimes?   Not like we haven't been there before. 

Maybe a minor controversy among some fans, but certainly not in the locker room. Anyone who's watched Josh and Mitch over the past few years can clearly see who the better quarterback is, and it's not a close race.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BoccesOnTransit said:

Let the man contribute….

1 hour ago, Jim Steele said:

35 point lead why does it even deserve a discussion!

Because, Bills fans are always expecting the other shoe to drop. However, in this case the OP was looking for Trubisky to drop the shoe and the football.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

That was brought up on the post-game show on the radio yesterday, and I agree with you, as did the radio folks.

28-0 would have been a great time to park Josh on the bench just to make sure he doesn't get hurt.

2 hours ago, BoccesOnTransit said:

Its 35-0 even if he hands the ball off to them intensionaly the Bills still win ;)

Besides it helps Josh's YPC ;)

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Trouble handling snaps in the victory formation?

come on!

Too much pressure ;)

• Like (+1) 1