Week 3: WFT at Bills

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, nucci said:

They still count, just like Allen's rushing yards

Obviously they still count but that wasn’t the point. They weren’t gashed in the conventional sense of handing the ball off with RBs running through gaping holes. 

A QB scrambling outside of the pocket isn’t necessarily on the DL.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Yes in 2019 on windy days vs Philly and Baltimore in Orchard Park, Allen was lousy and the opposing QB's had better games.  Last year in not ideal weather games vs. New England and KC, he was not all that good.   So there's my concern.

Those that aren’t worried in the least are oblivious.

I think the wft is better than the spread, but with that being said brisset and tua were absolutely running for their lives against our rush. I think we give Heineke a tough day if we carry that over. Heineke isn't a scrub but he's definitely not good enough to avoid the rush and beat you like a lamar or mahomes. Really love to see josh do some play action get comfortable with some easy throws.

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Yes in 2019 on windy days vs Philly and Baltimore in Orchard Park, Allen was lousy and the opposing QB's had better games.  Last year in not ideal weather games vs. New England and KC, he was not all that good.   So there's my concern.

Thank you for that scientific, statistically based analysis.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Still count

I’ve already addressed this. Of course they still count. But the original point was criticizing the DL for the amount of rushing yards. My argument is that it’s hard to put all those yards solely on the DL considering more than half of them were from Jones running. 

If a DL pushes the pocket and forces a QB to scramble and pick up 40 yards with his legs are we going to say the DL got gashed? 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If a DL pushes the pocket and forces a QB to scramble and pick up 40 yards with his legs are we going to say the DL got gashed?

I agree, I mean it happens all the time. A QB will be pressured with the WR's covered and will get loose. In the end they still say "Bills defense or DL gave up how ever many yards rushing" 

But yeah, I agree you can't blame the DL like that and just say they got gashed.

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’ve already addressed this. Of course they still count. But the original point was criticizing the DL for the amount of rushing yards. My argument is that it’s hard to put all those yards solely on the DL considering more than half of them were from Jones running. 

Not only that but Barkley had a 40 yard scamper and the other 12 carries went for 16 yds…. Allen’s arm needs to get right…. like yesterday. 

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Thought they were RPOs not scrambles for the most part

26 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I can see your point but if the DL doesn’t rush with contain in mind it is on them.  I blame the DL for how Murray and tannehill tore us up last year. 

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s also weird that the media and fans alike talk about him being able to play in the wind and bad conditions because of his strong arm when in all honestly the games he has played in this conditions he’s been bad…. The myth of Allen being some sort of good bad weather QB grows greater by the day. 

Ha! Myth. That’s rich! The kid made national news, quarterbacking no less than at Wyoming, a polar outpost if ever there was one. So much so, he was a Top 10 pick we had to dismantle an entire team to garner enough Draft capital to move up from playoff status to land. 
No one thinks he can stand in the teeth of 50 mph wind in blizzard conditions and complete 70% while throwing for 400 yards. But I’ll take him over ANY other QB in that scenario.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

Calf injury last week.  

Hurts his groin while stretching…..

who would’ve thought. 

In his career, prior to this year, he played in 108 games. He’s missed 4 games.

after sitting out a year.  He’s missed 1 of 2 and has two reported injuries already.  

So, you're saying he's missed a game?

Wow, that's really shocking. I know no other players miss a game, so we should really be deeply concerned about this. Also critical and hateful. I personally am sharpening the tines of my pitchfork as I write.

Edited by Thurman#1