Week 3: WFT at Bills

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Augie said:

If I could sneak in and edit the title from:

Week 3: WFT at Bills to 

Week 3: WTF at Bills

I wonder how long that would take to get noticed. I’m not just trying to be funny, but every time I see that…….  🤷‍♀️

My brain already sees it at WTF so I wouldn't notice. 

• Agree 1

I  am looking to see  Allen to settle down and cease the happy feet.  O line can improve on pass protections.  Outside of Diggs and Beasley, they other receivers need to get open and be options.  I see this as a good test and possible game in which the offense improves.   Look to a Bills victory.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Augie said:

People laughed at me after last year and preseason because passing looked so easy. A GREAT team needs to be balanced! You MUST be able to run the ball, even when they know it’s coming. 

I dont think anyone would argue that but if they passed a little less and rushed the ball 20 more times for an average of 3ypc or less against that steelers front 7...how balanced really is that?  We'd all be screaming STOP RUNNING THE BALL at the TV. I can see what we were going for week 1 by trying to create as many mismatches as possible cuz their secondary only has two very good dbs but that pass rush gave Josh a case of the happy feet.

34 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think a lot of that has to do with what the giants were able to do to them...daniel jones had just about 100 yards rushing.  They have given up 400+ yards/game which is 25th in the league.

And his longest rush of 48yds was called back on a holding. 

3 hours ago, Nitro said:

I  am looking to see  Allen to settle down and cease the happy feet.  O line can improve on pass protections.  Outside of Diggs and Beasley, they other receivers need to get open and be options.  I see this as a good test and possible game in which the offense improves.   Look to a Bills victory.  

I would still try to run 40% of the time. Keep Young off Josh. Hope Gabe can go and focus more on him and Sanders.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Nitro said:

Our O-Line is gonna have their hands full Sunday, WTF has a very stout D-Line. That is really the only part of their team that really concerns me TBH.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Our O-Line is gonna have their hands full Sunday, WTF has a very stout D-Line. That is really the only part of their team that really concerns me TBH.

Pretty weak at linebacker though and they don't have anywhere near the skill at DB that pit or Mia have...Josh can find a hole in that front 4 and step through and make them pay with his legs...Daniel Jones ran all over them 

• Agree 1

I have been reading a lot of concern over the Washington D-line. I, too, initially had this concern.

I just read, however, that the WFT is only ranked 13th in pass rush win rate this season. It's not like they've played against great o-lines, either.

At the end of the day, I see a team that just BARELY squeaked out a win at home against a bad Giants team. The advantages that they have are 3 days more rest than the Bills and a talented (though somewhat under-performing) D-line. Aside from those, I don't really see any areas where Washington is better than the Bills.

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

My brain already sees it at WTF so I wouldn't notice. 

it deson’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod aepapr, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm.

Thomas, Gibson and McLaurin are no joke, they are probably top-20 guys at their positions.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I have been reading a lot of concern over the Washington D-line. I, too, initially had this concern.

I just read, however, that the WFT is only ranked 13th in pass rush win rate this season. It's not like they've played against great o-lines, either.

At the end of the day, I see a team that just BARELY squeaked out a win at home against a bad Giants team. The advantages that they have are 3 days more rest than the Bills and a talented (though somewhat under-performing) D-line. Aside from those, I don't really see any areas where Washington is better than the Bills.

The Washington front is being criticized for not performing well..........but we know how talented they are.........they have some added motivation to play better this Sunday.    Would rather have them coming in hot and the Bills OL being called to account.   They have allowed far too much pressure in the first two games.

• Agree 1

On 9/22/2021 at 11:13 AM, HappyDays said:

Chris Simms made a good point on his podcast about the Washington defense and why they've disappointed so far. He says their starting front 4 is obviously elite, but the depth behind them is poor. So Washington isn't able to rotate their d-line which means by the 4th quarter their starting 4 are worn out. That's why McDermott likes to have so many d-linemen, he can keep them fresh for the entire game. Don't be surprised if the Bills offense starts slow before pulling away in the 2nd half.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:29 AM, Warcodered said:

Might be a thing to remember for this come game time if people are overreacting to us starting off slow.

Just post these quotes if we're trailing in the first half and we can trust that this board will calm down right away.  😜

30 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

[LAMP-Post]
Nothing says Autumn like my just arrived Cookie Gilchrest Throwback jersey in our Fall themed dining room!

5AE971E0-3385-4C10-9D00-166C711712BF.jpeg

You need to wear that while selling Christmas Trees in front of the stadium.

https://talesfromtheamericanfootballleague.com/cookie-gilchrist-afl-entrepreneur/

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

[LAMP-Post]
Nothing says Autumn like my just arrived Cookie Gilchrest Throwback jersey in our Fall themed dining room!

5AE971E0-3385-4C10-9D00-166C711712BF.jpeg

Speaking of those blue throwbacks.........

I don't understand why they don't throw those throwbacks on when they have thrown every other uniform combination out there.

• Thank you (+1) 1