Week 3: WFT at Bills

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I just locked in Wash at +9.5. Think the Bills win but don't cover. The Bills defense is playing very well and the offense... I see more of the same here. The Bills offense will try to establish a more balanced attack to take the pressure off Allen. I don't see a quick turn around for Allen. He won't make rookie mistakes, his legs will be valuable, he will make a few nice throws, and he will manage the game and the Bills to a victory. Imho, it's the defense that wins the game. 

Buffalo 24

Wash 17

i guess it hasnt fully sunk in that we could have a good defense lol  its very easy to cover 9.5 when youre giving up 10 points or less.  not to mention daniel jones absolutely burned that defense running the football.

In Heinecke's only experience against the Bills, he came in down 17-14 in preseason and played two drives, scoring TDs on both and leading the Panthers to a win. I was there. This kind of experience for him matters; he will have confidence against our team because of this even though none of the defensive players are the same.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

In Heinecke's only experience against the Bills, he came in down 17-14 in preseason and played two drives, scoring TDs on both and leading the Panthers to a win. I was there. This kind of experience for him matters; he will have confidence against our team because of this even though none of the defensive players are the same.

Over think much?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

really?  this is where you're going with this?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

No. If you had success against a specific uniform in a specific stadium, you will naturally have more confidence the next time. That's basic psychology. I'm just saying it's a factor, not that it's necessarily a game changer.

So in other words that preseason game means absolutely nothing, ya kinda contradicted yourself…, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

“Everyone has a game plan until the get punched in the face.” Mike Tyson

Taylor’s confidence will last until he gets swallowed up by this front 7. He’s going to be running for his life. And he’s actually quite good at alluding pressure. He is a very solid backup. Anyone saying he’s better than Fitzpatrick is saying Rivera is too stupid to realize that. I give Ron Rivera more credit than that. He didn’t bring Cam in because he knew Taylor is much better. 

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

So in other words that preseason game means absolutely nothing, ya kinda contradicted yourself…, 

Go Bills!!!

From a psychological standpoint, it will mean something to Heinecke, even if it's not in the forefront of his mind.

Like I said above, if you had success against a specific uniform in a specific stadium, you will naturally have more confidence the next time. That's basic psychology. If you're immune to this, you might not be human. It's a psychological fact of human nature.

Doesn't mean we'll lose, doesn't mean we won't crush them. Just is what it is -- another thing to consider.

& yes I have a degree in psychology (no, that does not make me special; I'm just explaining my background) so maybe I am slightly more aware and looking out for these things than the average person. I enjoy thinking about things from this angle.

36 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

i guess it hasnt fully sunk in that we could have a good defense lol  its very easy to cover 9.5 when youre giving up 10 points or less.  not to mention daniel jones absolutely burned that defense running the football.

I was watching that game on Gamepass. Love Gamepass.  Washington is vulnerable to QBs runs to the left. Away from Chase.  Seemed like they gouged DC that way including a 50+ QB TD run called back for holding. 

22 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Like I said, it's one thing to factor in. Not saying it will change the game, but the facts presented are facts. I didn't say that we're going to lose because of it.

fair enough.  i'm just not sure a pre-season appearance means as much as you may think.

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

From a psychological standpoint, it will mean something to Heinecke, even if it's not in the forefront of his mind.

Like I said above, if you had success against a specific uniform in a specific stadium, you will naturally have more confidence the next time. That's basic psychology. If you're immune to this, you might not be human. It's a psychological fact of human nature.

Doesn't mean we'll lose, doesn't mean we won't crush them. Just is what it is -- another thing to consider.

& yes I have a degree in psychology (no, that does not make me special; I'm just explaining my background) so maybe I am slightly more aware and looking out for these things than the average person. I enjoy thinking about things from this angle.

are you a psych major?  you seem to key in on these idea.

edit:  i see that you have a degree in psych.  so do i.  you're not stating anything specific from psych at all.  

Edited by teef

12 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It does give you an edge in this field for sure, but it seems to create worries that are unwarranted In this case, jmo, 😁

• Like (+1) 1

Chris Simms made a good point on his podcast about the Washington defense and why they've disappointed so far. He says their starting front 4 is obviously elite, but the depth behind them is poor. So Washington isn't able to rotate their d-line which means by the 4th quarter their starting 4 are worn out. That's why McDermott likes to have so many d-linemen, he can keep them fresh for the entire game. Don't be surprised if the Bills offense starts slow before pulling away in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Chris Simms made a good point on his podcast about the Washington defense and why they've disappointed so far. He says their starting front 4 is obviously elite, but the depth behind them is poor. So Washington isn't able to rotate their d-line which means by the 4th quarter their starting 4 are worn out. That's why McDermott likes to have so many d-linemen, he can keep them fresh for the entire game. Don't be surprised if the Bills offense starts slow before pulling away in the 2nd half.

Might be a thing to remember for this come game time if people are overreacting to us starting off slow.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

On Locked On Bills today, Joe Marino stressed that Heinecke has a lot of ability (can work off script, thrives off play action, can extend plays, has good deep ball, good athleticism) and might be a diamond in the rough. Said we shouldn't take him lightly and doesn't want everyone to underestimate him. Said some believe he may be the long-term answer in Washington. Said he's not like other backup QBs.

@Royale with Cheese

Is this like when Duck Hodges was going to be better than Josh Allen?  Heinecke may not suck but he is JAG.