Week 3: WFT at Bills

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Happy we don't have to face Fitzmagic (and more significantly, Curtis Samuel)...Gibson and McLaurin are very underrated playmakers though (and YAC threats) and Heineke hasn't looked out of his depth so far. As others have said though and having watched his games so far, he seems like the kind of QB McDermott and the defense usually dominate. I'm glad we have 1.5 games of tape on him now too.

On offense, let's help out Darryl Williams with a TE or RB and mix in some max protect for the deeper passes. I think Washington's LBs and DBs are the weak link of their entire team...if we can mitigate their defensive line's impact and keep Josh clean, I think we see the offense get back to 2020 form. 

I actually am more worried about McKissick than Gibson— I can see them making some hay with flares and screens to him in the passing game. Going to see a lot of screens to slow down our now fierce pass rush! 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Buffalo is still getting a huge benefit of the doubt from last year's performance, as 9.5 point favorites against a pretty good Washington team seems like too much.

Not saying they won't win, but -9.5 favorites is only behind the Broncos -11 over the Jets. The Jets being favored to lose badly is understandable, but Washington isn't a bad team. 

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I think Buffalo is still getting a huge benefit of the doubt from last year's performance, as 9.5 point favorites against a pretty good Washington team seems like too much.

Not saying they won't win, but -9.5 favorites is only behind the Broncos -11 over the Jets. The Jets being favored to lose badly is understandable, but Washington isn't a bad team. 

Don’t care if they win by 1 or 10. But that is quite a high line. 

2 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I'm of the mindset that it's always better to win and have things to fix than to lose and have things to fix.  Getting a win in the NFL and still having things to work on is always better than losing.  In fact, with this current group of Bills, I think when they win but also have a lot to fix it keeps them grounded and as McD says, "humble and hungry".

And keep improving, nobody in the NFL wins the SB without improving a whole lot from now to the end.

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

This needs to be a game where the O shows up.  Justin Herbert and Daniel Jones both had really good games against Washington.  If Allen and the Bills offense struggles again at home, in front of our fans, we're going to have a board meltdown.   I don't think Buffalo will be able to run the ball all that well, but they should be able to throw it and have great success.

Not to worry about the “melt down” that will happen on the first run play that goes for less than 7 yards, or the first pass for less than a TD, Bills fans are boarder line manic on a good day, 😁

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

And keep improving, nobody in the NFL wins the SB without improving a whole lot from now to the end.

Agreed.  And I think we will improve.  Last year the D started out slowly but really finished strong.  I think our D, while will likely be tested by other stronger offenses, will continue to improve.  I think some of the offseason hype and the contract Allen got might be honestly on his mind (he has seemed overhyped both games at times).  I think once the O settles in we'll see a much improved team across the board.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm feeling the start of a roll, like we had last year. The schedule is lining up very favorably for the Bills to put some distance between themselves and both Miami & NE, the 2 potential threats to the division title.

The defense is really a revelation this season so far.  We expected improvement, since the D was more of an offseason focus, but man do we have some playmakers now.  Rosseau is off to an amazing start, and Epenesa is now the guy we all hoped we'd see w/ some development. Both are very disruptive, and along w/ Tre, Edmunds, Milano, Oliver et al., give our defense a real edge and tenacity.

If Allen and the O can even get to 80% of where they were last year (likely), this team can compete w/ anyone.  

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

ok...

Anyway, he's the backup QB, so no, he wasn't going to start over Fitz (see Mitch Trubisky).  But in less than 2 games he has completed 74% of his passes for 458 yards, 3 TD/1 int.  If you had watched him last Thursday you would have been impressed, because he was impressive.  And they have a solid receiving corps.

This may not be a walkover like the Brissett Fins were. 

I expect a tough fought out win. It's hard to be confident in our offense. Washington has enough pieces to beat the Bills if they play poorly. I see a 24-13 Bills win. Once again, the defense plays very good and the offense continues to struggle. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

when will washington pick a damn team name. The WFT is stupid and annoys me. It was funny at first, but now its just absurd to keep.

I honestly don't know why they just don't go to the Hogs. It was a preexisting nickname and it works fine with their color scheme.

But that would mean that someone who isn't a trainwreck of an owner would be charge and Snyder can go pound sand.

17 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I didn't interpret that in his post. Imho, he wasn't "declaring" that. He merely pointed out that Allen might not be the franchise guy many think we have. I think that's a fair assessment. The sample size of Allen's greatness is about 10 games and out of the box this year he looks serviceable and not franchise like. No one really knows where Allen fits in. Probably somewhere in the middle. If we are seeing "his floor" right now then that's a pretty nice floor. Gotta see how it plays out. 

This is the quote I was responding to: Agree, if Allen plays like crap again this week there are no more excuses. It will be time to accept that he's simply not good and behind closed doors in Orchard Park there will be serious buyers remorse knowing that he had a fluke year during the weird fanless covid year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1