Week 3: WFT at Bills

YoloinOhio

57 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

WFT's offense isn't the Chiefs but it's got some good players. Terry McLauren is a beast and Antonio Gibson is a very good running back. Don't sleep on Taylor Heineke either. 

Not sure what's up with their defense but Chase Young is still scary good. 

Sweat ain’t bad either!

• Like (+1) 2

I think they can probably contain Washington's offense to a degree - not a crazy amount of super scary weapons.  McLaurin's really good of course, but the big question will still be what Bills offense shows up.  I get the feeling they've needed the first couple games to kind of get their footing.  Hoping this turns into a "Get Right at Home" game - after that awful opener....

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

WFT's offense isn't the Chiefs but it's got some good players. Terry McLauren is a beast and Antonio Gibson is a very good running back. Don't sleep on Taylor Heineke either. 

Not sure what's up with their defense but Chase Young is still scary good. 

I’m sorry I just can’t bring myself to worry about Taylor Heineke. Washington paid Fitz $10mm, that would indicate to me that their coaching staff doesn’t think Heineke is the guy, maybe you can throw a “yet” in there, but still. I don’t really know much about Heineke, what is it about him that leads you to think he is something?

• Thank you (+1) 1

At some point soon, the WFT DL will get their act together.  They have a ton of talent, and at the end of last season they were terrors. 

Let's hope Daboll remembers that he is allowed to call run plays, and that short passes are also ok.  Let's try not to put the fate of the team on the OL being able to hold blocks for minutes at a time

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills were 6.5 faves at home against the Steelers.

And crazy stuff happens week one.  Both the Bills and Packers had bad games last week, and last year the future 1st overall pick Jags won while the Buccs lost before going on to win the Super Bowl.

I would have been shocked if we didn't come out as 10 point favs week 3, 9.5 is close enough.

• Eyeroll 1

I would take the points.

2 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Questions unrelated to the game (well sort of):

1 - should a Washington fan be forced to bin their "Redskins" gear if they don't want to?

2 - does a Bills fan (or any fan) have the right to give a WTF fan grief if they wear said "Redskins" gear to that teams stadium? 

I am curious to know how this is viewed.  

1- No, because of freedom of expression...

and

2- yes, because of freedom of speech 

👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I’m sorry I just can’t bring myself to worry about Taylor Heineke. Washington paid Fitz $10mm, that would indicate to me that their coaching staff doesn’t think Heineke is the guy, maybe you can throw a “yet” in there, but still. I don’t really know much about Heineke, what is it about him that leads you to think he is something?

If it isn't yet, it isn't ever going to happen. Heineke is 28, had an open competition to take the starting job this year and was beaten out badly by Fitz in training camp (this is according to my WFT friends). This isn't to say he can't have a good game here or there, but the long term prospects for him are to be a backup QB, and then out of the league before too long, IMHO. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow! Definitely a higher spread than I expected.  It appears that Vegas has more faith in Josh than many fans do.  Personally, I was expecting 6.5  The WFT Defense makes me nervous.  Definitely playing some good Defenses out of the gate.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is it though? Currently ranked 9th worst 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense

I think their front 7 is pretty good, but their secondary can be exploited.  Hopefully, this bodes well for our Offense, as long as Chase Young doesn't kill Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

At some point soon, the WFT DL will get their act together.  They have a ton of talent, and at the end of last season they were terrors. 

Let's hope Daboll remembers that he is allowed to call run plays, and that short passes are also ok.  Let's try not to put the fate of the team on the OL being able to hold blocks for minutes at a time

Hopefully Daboll learned from game 1. And screens, roll outs, are allowed too

• Like (+1) 2

This is, in all honesty, the first game this season that I've felt totally comfortable in predicting a Bills win.

I picked the Steelers in week 1 and was unfortunately correct. I thought yesterday's game was a coin flip -- and I was thankfully WAY off on that one. 

Washington, though? Bills win comfortably. There's no way Tyler Heinecke is outdueling Josh Allen. Ain't happenin'. He's EXACTLY the type of QB this McDermott defense -- especially the way it's playing right now -- usually feasts on.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Going to be my first game in over a decade.  Last game I was at was the miserable rain game against the Giants in 2007.  Hopefully the weather and the game are better this time.

Haha I remember that game. Started like in the 60s in the morning for tailgating and I had no jacket or rain gear. By halftime it was sleeting and I was drenched. Some dude nearby has a garbage bag I fitted into a half arsed poncho lol. Good times. I think the cherry on the top was we lost too of memory serves.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

That's the rumor. 

That same D got torched pretty good by Herbert in week 1 and in week 2 gave up a pretty nice game to Generic Josh Allen (Daniel Jones). 

Wouldn't shock me to see Allen bounce back at home again at a defense that has been good but nowhere near as expected yet.

It's too early to categorize a defense. I hope Josh comes out this weekend, but it might be the Washington D. I have a feeling the Washington HC doesn't want to make Sean McDermott look good, we'll see.... Josh should have some good matchups with our WRs, can he hit them with any accuracy like last season? He might not have much time, it's the whole front four with wtf......They're great, don't know why they're looking tame so far....

Go Bills!