It's strange to feel unsettled after a 35-0 division road win

Inigo Montoya

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

35 to nothing.... and all the delicate nasty nancies are leaking into their panties.   What did you want 85 to minus 13?

Fully agree with you.  They probably should have stopped thinking 2021 was just an extension of 2020 and realized that every season is different.   Josh will be fine, and the Bills will still win the division.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I've seen Brady/New England drop a couple early in the year and make me think they've fallen off, then win the Superbowl. The season is a process-- nobody wins the Superbowl in September. It's about what we will be three months from now. No need to overreact.

This^

5 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

35 to nothing.... and all the delicate nasty nancies are leaking into their panties.   What did you want 85 to minus 13?

Delicate nasty nancies leaking into their panties!  LOL!    😃

I'm glad they won and it was fantastic to see the defense swarm the Phins and crush them today.  I'm just waiting for the Josh Allen from last season to show up. Until that happens, I'm not going to feel good about this team being a legit Super Bowl contender.

🍻

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

It has nothing to do with today's outcome. I mean, it's a fact, Allen has regressed. Almost to the point to where some people thought about putting in Tribuski. Even McDermott knows this otherwise, Tribuski would have came in when the game was out of reach at 28-0. I'm hoping Allen gets a spark from something and soon. 

• Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

It has nothing to do with today's outcome. I mean, it's a fact, Allen has regressed. Almost to the point to where some people thought about putting in Tribuski. Even McDermott knows this otherwise, Tribuski would have came in when the game was out of reach at 28-0. I'm hoping Allen gets a spark from something and soon. 

"Some people"? What people?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We won in a dominant fashion.  Did we answer all the questions everyone has about the team? No, not even close, but I don't think any team has it all figured out by week 2.

A lot of the jitters I think it's the reaction to these sky high expectations, and I mean the jitters from the players and from the fans.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm confident right now they'll figure it out.

Just now, MRW said:

"Some people"? What people?

I mean in the threads. I started wondering if people were gonna call for Tribuski. I can't for the life of me understand what Allen's problem is after so many glowing practice reports and his only preseason game where he was on fire

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

I mean in the threads. I started wondering if people were gonna call for Tribuski. I can't for the life of me understand what Allen's problem is after so many glowing practice reports and his only preseason game where he was on fire

He came out in the second half and put them up 3 scores. They had the ball up 3 scores or more every time after that, the running game kind of takes over then.

It was 14-0 when I got to the airport and lost my bandit stream.  21-0 by the time I was boarding.  Then the Southwest wifi kept going out, but I saw on the highlights that Moss made up for the fumble with two Angry Run candidates for TDs. I will take a 35-0 Squishing of the Fish any Sunday.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

I get where the OP is coming from. Josh Allen's level of play through 2 weeks is not winning the SB. But Josh will play better. The offense will be better. This OL is still learning to play with each other. 

The pass rush looked great against a below average o-line. They are young and should continue to play better.

Frazier coached a hell of a game. Dropping the kid in a zone-blutz scheme multiple times was great. Watching a 6'6" DE rookie capably run a zone blitz was beautiful.  Multiple blitzes from the secondary level. All masterful. Well done Frazier. 

PS Edmunds is still awful. Watching him get blocked 10 yards downfield while our safeties and corners are making beautiful form tackles is really sad. I don't think Edmunds will ever be a game changing star at MLB.

If not for the Chiefs I would feel pretty settled about this team's Super Bowl chances, even with Allen's uneven play so far. The problem is the Chiefs are in fact there and we need to keep up with their offense to have a chance against them. I'm sure that's the source of a lot of Bills fans' anxiety right now.

• Like (+1) 1

When you sign a huge contract everything is magnified. Josh thinks he needs to do more to justify it. The coaching staff thinks they need to get the ball in his hands more because they’re paying him that much. The fans need to see him make big plays to feel satisfied with spending that much money. The national media keeps repeating the contract amount comparing it alongside his play. It’s a lot more pressure. 

• Like (+1) 1