Things Matt Millen said today without context (not that it would help)

The physics lesson was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard from a football announcer. (I've heard dumber science "lessons" from politicians, but I won't go there.) First of all, it's Newton, not Einstein. Secondly, he said "It's mass, not weight." Dude, mass and weight are directly proportional; more mass means more weight. And the concept isn't relativity, it's momentum. 

• Like (+1) 1

There was one point where he was talking about good refs vs. bad refs (lol) and the way he started the discussion fell so flat, he was then clearly talking to himself and had no plan. It was awkward air...but then Matt just hard charged into it and made some point about how good refs watch the game or something.

I'd listen to him again, it was entertaining.

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

He was so awful.  There was another time when Epinesa almost sacked Brisette and Rosseau got credit.  He used some weird acronym like “JOP” jumped on the pile.  

Wait you didn't like the JOP line lol it was gold. AJ missed the sack Groot got it and AJ jumped on late. He then said AJ is gonna fill the statline JOP on that play jumped on pile😂😂

I just found Matt to be useless.  It seemed obvious that both commentators were completely unfamiliar with both AFC teams and had nothing really relevant to add to the broadcast.

Millen was interesting in the fact that he talked and talked about unrelated things like an old school meathead and at many points was just rambling on about utter non-sense.  

At least he did not take himself to serious - he sounded more like a fan doing this for the first time than an actual long time NFL veteran with playing and front office experience.  If you just listened to him speak - I would have thought he maxed out at high school football and barely understood the NFL game.

The physics comments were just so out of left field, then the fart comment, dissing his fellow commentators yellow tie was another highlight, and then he got totally lost trying to explain a good referee versus a bad referee.  I was interested until once again about half way through the ref speech - he lost his point and was like a bad referee let’s the players decide the game.

He certainly wasn’t cliche’ and that is good, but he also was just talking to talk and gave little insight or even strong input. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

If you just listened to him speak - I would have thought he maxed out at high school football and barely understood the NFL game.

His performance as a GM leads to the same conclusion.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

also a physics lesson due to Zach Moss being an unstoppable object.

His physics was argle-bargle. He somehow got the speed of light into the equation for momentum. 

It was actually pretty funny, if you know any physics.