Josh Allen is looking a lot more like the 2019 version

Mikie2times

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It looks bad at the end, but that safety would have drifted back to the WR if Josh threw it to the end zone, IMO.

Now, he might have been able to gun it in there, but I it wouldn't have looked so wide open had the ball not been thrown to the sideline. 

Last year against the Broncos on the Kumerow TD throw, Allen doesn't hesitate, he drives the ball down the middle of the field, and Simmons said he just knew that he was going to make a play on that ball. Safety is there, he just blows it by them. 

Allen is missing throws. 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Last year against the Broncos on the Kumerow TD throw, Allen doesn't hesitate, he drives the ball down the middle of the field, and Simmons said he just knew that he was going to make a play on that ball. Safety is there, he just blows it by them. 

Allen is missing throws. 

I think he's in his own head. Trying to live up to the contract, be the QB who wins a Super Bowl here, all of that. 

IMO this is why he looked so great in preseason action. No pressure, no reason to be tight. That's my concern, because big goals= pressure situations. 

21 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Josh Allen went 20/26 for 194 yards and 2 TD vs the Packers in the final preseason game. 

So he's the same guy he was last season, except coverages and defenses have adjusted. Now the Bills need to counter. 

It's about being your best in February and winning a championship, so figure it out now and get some W's, then peak when the stakes are highest. 

If only we could play the Packers backup defense every week. 

He’s clearly missing throws he simply did not miss last year. And if defenses have figured him out this fast then that’s bad too. 

20 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It looks bad at the end, but that safety would have drifted back to the WR if Josh threw it to the end zone, IMO.

Now, he might have been able to gun it in there, but I it wouldn't have looked so wide open had the ball not been thrown to the sideline. 

All you have to is pause the video at 5 seconds when Josh has reached the end of his drop. 

He has options all over the field including a receiver running wide open for an easy TD. 

Let’s just call a spade a spade right now.

Edited by Bangarang

37 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

All you have to is pause the video at 5 seconds when Josh has reached the end of his drop. 

He has options all over the field including a receiver running wide open for an easy TD. 

Let’s just call a spade a spade right now.

Admittedly, I'm no coach, but it looks to me like if Allen throws the ball the defender can react and drift over to get in the way of that pass. Maybe he just plain missed one there. 

17 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Admittedly, I'm no coach, but it looks to me like if Allen throws the ball the defender can react and drift over to get in the way of that pass. Maybe he just plain missed one there. 

He has Sanders running wide open towards the end zone. If Allen can’t make that throw then we have a huge problem. 

https://ibb.co/p4YjDYB

Edited by Bangarang

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He has Sanders running wide open towards the end zone. If Allen can’t make that throw then we have a huge problem. 

[url=https://ibb.co/p4YjDYB][img]https://i.ibb.co/XFcxBcr/1830-F7-D9-E8-DB-4697-AB2-E-D143-A012-E947.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=https://poetandpoem.com/John-Dryden/Veni-Creator-Spiritus]veni creator spiritus lyrics[/url]

Yeah, that does look pretty open!

I just hope Allen isn't freaking himself out too much. When I heard him say he throws up before every game and doesn't eat on gamedays I was a little taken aback. That just seems excessive in terms of being worked up. So much is said about him trying to calm himself down that there is definitely something to it. 

Now he's floating passes way short so he doesn't overthrow open guys and second guessing everything. I think this is all in his head. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

4 hours ago, Process said:

4 open receivers, one for a TD, has time to throw, and it's an incomplete pass. Yikes. 

Pause it right as he is throwing it and it tells you all you need to know. Horrible mechanics, bad feet, hips dont follow. And yes every route was wide open and no rush. 

• Thank you (+1) 1