Josh Allen is looking a lot more like the 2019 version

Mikie2times

13 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

JP's tape would actually look pretty similar as far as the last 4 games. Athletic guy, poor accuracy, can't read the field. 

I don't feel like this is cataclysmic stuff. He's a very young player. But he had to take the next step to compete against KC or Tampa. Otherwise this is a wild card squad. So while it's early, this is indecision we are seeing. Complete opposite of guy that is ready to take the next step. Long season, I get it. But are you putting your money on Josh matching last last year right now? Not better, just matching? 

Actually, I hope he doesn't have to be as good as last year. If he is great, he has to better than the first 2 weeks sure, but with a running game and defense he doesn't have to be superman.

Plenty of offenses struggle early, it's no indication they will snap out of it this year bit I just wouldn't over react. Also, JP was never on Allen's level athletically imo.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Have you stopped to consider that people are being critical not because they don’t like Allen but instead because we want to see him be the best player he can be for as long as he’s here?

I'm sure Josh is lurking here right now with laser focus on criticism of his performance, because listening to fans b & moan is how players elevate their game...

Also, some people's screwed up brain wiring feed off of pervasive negativism. 

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He's not anywhere near the level of Mahomes. He's not anywhere near the level of plenty of other QBs. And when you're paid the most guaranteed money in NFL history and the expectation is Super Bowl, that's a big, big problem.

You've got problems, that's for sure. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You've got problems, that's for sure. 

"He's not anywhere near the level of Mahomes." -- FACT

"He's not anywhere near the level of plenty of other QBs." -- FACT

"And when you're paid the most guaranteed money in NFL history and the expectation is Super Bowl, that's a big, big problem." -- FACT. If your QB is paid the most in the league and isn't performing at even a top 10 level, you're done.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

"And when you're paid the most guaranteed money in NFL history and the expectation is Super Bowl, that's a big, big problem." -- FACT. If your QB is paid the most in the league and isn't performing at even a top 10 level, you're done.

35-0

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I guess we're done...  

Leslie Jones Shut Up GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Have you stopped to consider that people are being critical not because they don’t like Allen but instead because we want to see him be the best player he can be for as long as he’s here?

The latter is an extreme minority. The rest are simply trying to confirm priors and act smug. 

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You're sure angry about a win and having one of the best young qbs in the league. 

16 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He's not anywhere near the level of Mahomes. He's not anywhere near the level of plenty of other QBs. And when you're paid the most guaranteed money in NFL history and the expectation is Super Bowl, that's a big, big problem.

Plenty of others? Like who? Would put him right up with Mahomes, Rogers, Wilson and perhaps Brady still among my top-10. 

• Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

The latter is an extreme minority. The rest are simply trying to confirm priors and act smug. 

You're sure angry about a win and having one of the best young qbs in the league. 

These people that haven't posted in over a year are the same ones we had to listen to everyday during Allen's first two seasons tell us he'll never be any good. 

Now they're like pigs rolling in their own feces, overjoyed that Allen hasn't been great.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

It didn't take long for the Allen haters to come out of their cave.  I just figured it wouldn't be after the Bills win 35 - 0.  Sure Allen and the offense in general have looked out of sorts.  At the same time Allen and the offense have flashed some 2020 brilliance. It's very early in the season and I'm predicting the offensive machine from last year will return sooner rather then later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

These people that haven't posted in over a year are the same ones we had to listen to everyday during Allen's first two seasons tell us he'll never be any good. 

Now they're like pigs rolling in their own feces, overjoyed that Allen hasn't been great.

Pretty much. Nothing good to say throughout his borderline MVP season but the nanosecond he doesn't throw for 500 yards and 5TDs, it's the end of the world, McD/Beane don't know what they're doing, etc etc. 

He's a baller. Period. 

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I thought he played fine in the 2nd half. They scored on 3 of 4 possessions, and had short fields. Nice td to knox... big play to diggs. Took what they gave him underneath. Great drive to come out in the 2nd half too.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

Last 4 games:  98 of 169, 58%, 942 Yards, 6 TD's to 2 INT's, 80.53 Rating

2021: 47 of 84, 56%, 449 Yards, 3 TD's to 1 INT, 77.92 Rating

2020 Regular Season: 396 of 572, 69.2%, 4544 Yards, 37 TD's to 10 INT's, 107.1 Rating

2019 Regular Season: 271 of 461, 58.8%, 3089 Yards, 20 TD's to 9 INT's, 85.31 Rating

So what we have seen this season and over the last 4 games is at or below the level of play we have seen in 2019. Which looks right from what I observed, in fact, I would say this team looks very much like the 2019 team. Allen capable of making plays, excellent defense. Playoff team, but not consistent enough to be more.  

The question becomes what's going on with Josh? To me Josh looks confused and indecisive which leads to a breakdown of his mechanics and poor timing in our passing game. He doesn't know where he wants to go with the ball and that is concerning. Why isn't he reading defenses as easily as he did in 2020?

It seems it is not at all uncommon for QB's that have break out years to regress the next year once teams focus on taking away what they like to do with consistency. It was certainly a lot easier to communicate and audible last season. Whatever it is I don't think the answers are easy or simple. We will see soon enough.     

Just out of sync still. The scary part is the D looks like it will be in the top 5 this year. Once the offense gets humming the Bills will be a tough out.

• Like (+1) 2