Josh Allen is looking a lot more like the 2019 version

Mikie2times

6 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I think it's a little early to make any conclusions yet.  Just enjoy the win.

No conclusions on the rest of his career, no……but he definitely looks more like 2019 Josh than 2020 after 2 games.  I don’t see the same QB that we saw last year. He’s been off.  It’a not too early to say that

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I rarely post because I most enjoy reading and learning but this topic has me frustrated. I get it, it’s two games and we can’t draw season-long conclusions with such little data. However, call it a feeling, Josh just doesn’t look the same. He’s missing what he made last year. He threw two lobs today that very easily could have been picked. 

I know we won and overall it was a nice road win. Defense was outstanding today. I’m thinking ahead, thinking division and playoffs because we are good enough to do that this early in the year but the Josh we have seen these last couple games isn’t going to cut it against good teams. 

I love Josh and I’m not saying anything silly like “it’s over” or “Josh isn’t the guy.” Nowhere near that sentiment. Just a little concerned. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

8 of his incompletions today were to Sanders and Diggs who were covered by Howard and Jones.  Why does he ignore Beasley in such large stretches??  

Again, perspective.  2 elite corners that had elite days.  

I thought Josh had 3-4 bad throws I'm not sure I'd say the INT was one of them.

He's going to be fine.  His start is the least of my concerns.    

• Like (+1) 3

I think all the mechanical issues, especially his back foot throws are because he isn't decisive in where he is throwing. He eventually see's it, but not soon enough to step up in the throw. So i don't think it's as simple as fixing mechanics. I think it's in his reads on the field. I did enjoy the win, but I was looking at Allen hard this year just based on what level of play he needs to be at to beat Brady or Mahomes. This is going to be a playoff team even if Allen keeps playing the way he has. I just was looking for "next step" evidence.   

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No conclusions on the rest of his career, no……but he definitely looks more like 2019 Josh than 2020 after 2 games.  I don’t see the same QB that we saw last year. He’s been off.  It’a not too early to say that

I’m really trying to talk myself out of it. But dang man, some seriously easy tosses missed and how many dropped picks today? 2 or 3? Sheesh. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Process said:

What a load of BS. 

He just got the most guaranteed money in NFL history.

No more excuses.

While I agree with the overall question in the post in that Allen is struggling I'd say your answer is also total BS!

Every contract signed by a top player is going to be larger than prior contracts so that means little.

At this point in time who has pocketed more money life time Brady or Allen?  If the answer is Brady, then the posters comment about Brady's early years is valid

What’s amazing to me is how we win 35-0 and played two top defenses and all we can do is focus on is Josh last years Josh or 2019 Josh.

Josh Allen is Josh Allen. He’s going to put up some big numbers in games this year too. It’s not a this or that thing to focus on.

God you guys are spoiled now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He’s been mediocre at best and if we’re being honest he’s been bad more than he’s been good. 

This team is going nowhere if this is what our offense is going to look like. 

He needs to be a lot better. He knows that as well. It’s going to be a very long season if he isn’t.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

8 of his incompletions today were to Sanders and Diggs who were covered by Howard and Jones.  Why does he ignore Beasley in such large stretches??  

Again, perspective.  2 elite corners that had elite days.  

I thought Josh had 3-4 bad throws I'm not sure I'd say the INT was one of them.

He's going to be fine.  His start is the least of my concerns.    

The int was objectively a bad throw. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

With similar stats as Allen within those 4 years. Just proves SB are a team effort. 

Tom Brady grew up in a different league than the one he plays in now. Comparatively to each others peers, Brady was better in the early 2000’s NFL than Allen was in the 2020 era. 

He won two Super Bowls and was top 10 in nearly every metric since he took the helm. He lead the league in TD passes his first full year as a starter. 

We are fine sticking with Allen through bumps. He’ll be fine, we will be fine. We have to be. But pulling up an excel sheet and blindly comparing Allen to Brady at any point in their careers is an incredibly bad and inaccurate take. 

• Like (+1) 3