Greg Rousseau/AJ Epenesa are going to be elite DEs. What a steal!

JerseyBills

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Epensea looks more athletic this year.  I watched him a lot during the game and he’s developing a nice stutter step….gets the offensive lineman off balance.

That is the word I was looking for- Athletic- he is simply quicker and more explosive than the guy he is going against.

• Like (+1) 1

Groot is doing a great job shedding blocks and is fantastic at setting the edge, then taking down the runner, genuinely impressive for a young player, forget about the fact he didn’t play last year and is up against NFL competition now.  He’s been a difference maker. 

AJE, looking really good, more flash than I expected this year, he’s LOOKING like he could be the best DE on the team for now (I think Groot will own that title), it’s an impressive transformation.

Just being real Addison is looking really good early in the year, which he did last year too, hope he can keep it going all year.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would love it if one of our media types would do a piece on who is playing where, how much on the OL

The big surprise to me on the inactives was Harrison Phillips.  But, even with Star out, he only played 36% of the snaps last week.

Zimmer saw 40%, Butler saw 50%, and Big Ed saw 62%.  Obada had 26% and pretty sure I saw him playing inside at DT at times.

I wonder if this is a "healthy scratch but not really" situation where he isn't on the injury report but is still needing to work his way back from the knee?

Otherwise, it's looking bad for Mr. Horrible; either Butler or Zimmer or both have jumped him on the depth chart.

Is he still banged up?

I thought he got tweeked and feel like they are just giving him time to heel buy didn't want to IR him?

I could be wrong. Either way the D Line is playing lights out. 

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Groot is doing a great job shedding blocks and is fantastic at setting the edge, then taking down the runner, genuinely impressive for a young player, forget about the fact he didn’t play last year and is up against NFL competition now.  He’s been a difference maker. 

AJE, looking really good, more flash than I expected this year, he’s LOOKING like he could be the best DE on the team for now (I think Groot will own that title), it’s an impressive transformation.

Just being real Addison is looking really good early in the year, which he did last year too, hope he can keep it going all year.

He closes on the QB much faster than they expect him to. He really is like Groot with those long limbs 

• Like (+1) 1

Epenesa has just almost made am improvement that you can't even believe...he looked slow and plodding last year and he looks like he is shot out of a cannon this year...

Reminds me of Merriman before he got hurt a little bit. Dude is just possessed right now.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Oh yeah.  I think that’s a given…..

oh but pro bowls. 🙄

Chris Berman would routinely say Milano is a beast and his favorite defender

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Epenesa was solely responsible for putting the Dolphins back in the game. That huge hit on Tua immediately gave them competent QB play. He needs to play smarter than that.

When I saw it was Brissett I said the same thing and he def looked more competent than Tua.

I hope Mia finishes with 10 wins again so they have a higher draft pick

Greg is so freakishly long that if he’s not doubled it’s a huge problem. I love his slide/swim move into the pocket. His long arms and huge hands allow him to pull that off very effectively. He’s doing exactly what he did in college at Miami, except against higher level talent. 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Epenesa was solely responsible for putting the Dolphins back in the game. That huge hit on Tua immediately gave them competent QB play. He needs to play smarter than that.

Well, one commentator I heard after the game, I don't recall who, said that Tua's injury could open back the door for the Deshaun Watson talk with the Fishes. So his big hit could indeed come back to bite the Bills in the butt...