Some random observations

Simon

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Eh it was a bad throw, behind the intended receiver. Usually it wouldn't have been a pick but it was still a bad throw. And he had a throw intended for McKenzie that probably should have been picked because he lofted it instead of rifling it. Allen has not been his usual self the past two weeks. He is making inaccurate throws that last year he was hitting. It isn't time to hit the panic button yet, and I agree the pass protection is contributing to the regression in his mechanics. If he gets out of his funk we could be unstoppable.

The interception was a throw he shouldn't have tried. That slant was double covered and you have to have a better post-snap read than that.

Just now, Simon said:

The middle of the field was about the only place Miami was able to make any hay in the first half.

Then with Edmunds out in the 2nd half, even that was suddenly unavailable to them.

OK, you win.

You clearly know what Sean McDermott doesn't.

I'll leave this topic alone before I get banned.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

He took away the whole damned middle of the field.

Again, know what you are watching.

Just like when you never saw Deion Sanders make a play didn't mean he wasn't greatly effecting the offense.

Did he though?..

I remember many times him just standing there and getting absolutely blowing off the ball on quick hitters by Miami.

The D obviously didn't miss a beat when he left the game in the 2nd half🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

A lot of you guys are talking crazy about Edmunds. He had a solid game, you don't need flash plays all over the field to be a very important part of the defense.  Milano can do all the stuff he does because Edmunds is on the field providing the skill set he has.

So Lotulelei is tying up two blockers so that Edmunds can...........tie up another 2 blockers(?)..........so that Milano can be free to make all of the plays?

Makes sense.

Just now, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

he was out in the second half? 

not sarcasm i really didnt know that

Yeah, he was cramping at halftime and stayed in the locker room for an IV.

He may have made it out to the sideline eventually but I don't think he ever stepped on the field in the second half.

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

There was one key stop where he got blocked backwards for 15 yards on 3rd/17 and managed to land on his back in front of the ballcarrier's feet to force them into 4th/1.

It changed the whole complexion of the game in the early going.

it just goes to show, sometimes it’s all about where you land!  :)

2 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

he was out in the second half? 

not sarcasm i really didnt know that

Nobody notices when he's out.   Partly because he's usually out there and just part of the background scenery of the Bills defense because he doesn't make plays...........and partly because when other players have had to step in for him they've done no worse.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So Lotulelei is tying up two blockers so that Edmunds can...........tie up another 2 blockers(?)..........so that Milano can be free to make all of the plays?

Makes sense.

Yeah, didn't say anything about Edmunds eating up blockers, but he does eat up a TON of space in the throwing lanes which forces QB hesitation. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree completely.........it's almost like maybe his skillset might have been better developed at another position.🤔

But where?

He doesn't rush the passer particularly well, he's rarely physical enough to hold a point and the second somebody gets their hands on him he's done.

Maybe you hide him inside in a 3-4 and leave him on the field for clear passing downs, but he's almost too specialized to be worth it.

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

Yeah, didn't say anything about Edmunds eating up blockers, but he does eat up a TON of space in the throwing lanes which forces QB hesitation. 

just such a mysterious / unprovable "stat" to hang onto to keep defending him

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Come to think of it dodson was out there a bunch in the second half

I think Dodson was probably getting snaps on passing downs in Klein's place.

He may have also been running for Milano when the game was already in hand

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The one thing I couldn't figure out, Klein played a fair amount today.  Was someone else not playing or just a case or rotating much more because of the heat.  Last week he had zero snaps.

Edmunds did not play the entire 2nd half. 

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

Josh Allen has said it himself about Tremaine.

so theres one side that sees that he's great and one side disagrees.  as an agnostic of this situation i would say i see him miss a lot of plays like the blatant tackle he missed today and that pick he comically fumbled last week.   and then folks claim he's doing something in the middle that maybe i dont see and i mean that.  what am i missing for defenders of Tre?