Tua bruised ribs (update: fractured, headed to IR)

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So now the ribs are "fractured?"

What happened them to not being fractured, not being cracked, but just "bruised?"

Were they just lying about his condition or what?

That was my initial reaction too. At first they said it was a pain management thing and the X-rays were negative. So did the break take place yesterday? 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

What happened them to not being fractured, not being cracked, but just "bruised?"

the short-staffing in the medical field strikes again!

Possibly JMF, but AJ’s hit was clean, but punishing.  For those that say they wish for the old days, there are still bruising hits, just overall safer for the players like the helmet as an example.  Think about Moss’s TD run.  That was one angry run and brutal hit on the defender and kept moving.

As far as Tua, maybe the time off will be good for him to keep studying his playbook.

On 9/22/2021 at 3:53 PM, Nextmanup said:

They saw that Brisket ran the offense better…

On 9/22/2021 at 8:44 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

An example, cut and pasted:

This team is a ****ing joke, so sick of it. I truly don't know how much more I can stand, seriously thinking after 50 years, I am just about ready to spend my Sunday's in a less miserable way than watching this rudderless Ship drift out to sea.

Anyone think they're reading TBD from around the drought years?

Ah yes, I remember those days of questioning why you'd choose to spend your Sunday drunk and in tears while listening to Dick Jauron praise the team that just took his own guys apart at the joints, instead of doing something more productive like finally throwing out that stack of used disposable razors. Such great days!

• Haha (+1) 2

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Tua bruised ribs (update: fractured, headed to IR)
On 9/22/2021 at 3:53 PM, Nextmanup said:

When I had my bruised/fractured ribs, they initially came up as negative for a fracture, but the doctor told me it's not unheard of for fractures in ribs to not show on the initial x-ray.  They declined to run confirmation tests since apparently the only difference (at least in my case) would be how long it takes to heal, not the treatment.

An NFL player would get the followup tests to confirm bruise vs fracture if the amount of pain he is in conflicts with the initial negative test.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know AJ hit him hard. But, it wasn't that hard. It was a perfectly clean hit. If that's all to take to sideline Tua for multiple games, I'm going to say it's time for him to find a new line of work. I'm pretty sure that most Miami fans would agree, and I suspect that Tua Tagovailoa might agree, as well.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I know AJ hit him hard. But, it wasn't that hard. It was a perfectly clean hit. If that's all to take to sideline Tua for multiple games, I'm going to say it's time for him to find a new line of work. I'm pretty sure that most Miami fans would agree, and I suspect that Tua Tagovailoa might agree, as well.

Almost Rob johnson esk