Tua bruised ribs (update: fractured, headed to IR)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I think Miami never really had much of a long term vision from the start - I think this is largely on Flores.  Last season should have either been about making the playoffs with Fitzpatrick or developing Tua.  Flores tried to do both and ended up finishing the year with neither goal.

I think the way the QB position was handled in 2020 did him a disservice.  Then it seems like Miami was at least entertaining the thought of replacing him, so much that it took Flores weeks to make a strong statement of support. 

Even the offense they have running this season with 2 OC’s just seems a little awkward.  

It just doesn’t seems like the organization is very confident in him.  I would have a lot of questions as well - but they were the ones who drafted him at 5th overall a year ago!

A fair question is what does Miami do well? Their defense is decent but they get all sorts of fluky turnovers you have to wonder how good.  They don’t run the ball great, they have a weak passing game. 

what about Miami screams “contenders”?  I don’t see it at all. In year 3 for Flores, that is not a good sign 

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m sure we’ll hear tomorrow it was all about Tua out why the Bills won 35-0, but there was no difference in the play with either QB.  I hope he heals well, as I don’t wish injuries on anyone.  I can’t imagine Fins fans watching Herbert (I know they lost) and thinking we could’ve had him.

I think they did better with Brissett.

• Agree 3

That poor guy is going to get so shot up with pain killing meds before the next game and then they'll see if he can actually throw a football.  I hope he stays out for a week or 2.  I can feel the pain through the keyboard.

Bruised ribs, cracked ribs, broken ribs absolutely suck.

Every breath is painful.

17 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Brissett played better than Tua, hands down. Also, what kind of QB can't play with a bruised rib? If that's all it takes you better get a really good back up.

Tua will fail in the NFL, as an Alabama fan that's unfortunate, but when a division rival drafts a Bama player they are dead to me 😂

I'm not gonna judge the guy on whether or not he can play with a certain injury.  It's hard to judge how bad it really is from the stands.

But Tua took a pounding in part because of his lack of pre-snap awareness.  It's like he sees the TE or the Back coming in and the DB doesn't move, and he goes "oh, OK, gonna be Zone coverage!" but the lightbulb doesn't flicker "waitaminute, if that guy is coming now he's unblocked, we need someone blocking him or I need to account for him"

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Bless his little heart.

We all know how that translates.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Tua bruised ribs (update: fractured)
On 9/19/2021 at 7:28 PM, JohnNord said:

Tua looked completely lost in the first two series.  Some of those hits were on him, especially the one where Parker was covered as his 1st read and he couldn’t figure out where to go and got blasted.  

I kind of feel bad for Tua because it seems like Miami never really went all in with him.  Everything really seems to add up that Flores and the organization, are not 100% behind him.  

Absolutely, proof of what you say is the Fins O line, with all the picks those guys have had in just the last two drafts…, they have done a “Gase job” on Tua in their own way, no O line spells the doom for a young QB,(unless your Josh Allen) not that Tua had a chance in hell, being so small, physically limited, and fragile. Is what it is, to bad for the little guy, but that’s why he got a college education as his fall back…, 

29 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Absolutely, proof of what you say is the Fins O line, with all the picks those guys have had in just the last two drafts…, they have done a “Gase job” on Tua in their own way, no O line spells the doom for a young QB,(unless your Josh Allen) not that Tua had a chance in hell, being so small, physically limited, and fragile. Is what it is, to bad for the little guy, but that’s why he got a college education as his fall back…, 

They are trying to get better at offensive line. 

2 years ago they picked up Austin Jackson in round 1 and he has started 15 games. I believe he was injured

3 years ago they got Deiter had has played 34 games.

The problem has not been their draft... its been what they have done in FA and when you have so few quality players in FA with a really bad O'Line, it is hard to work out those kinks. We got lucky with getting Morse. he stays healthy and keeps playing the way he has we are fine... but like Miami there are certain positions we struggle with on the line as well. The difference is we got this mobile QB that can move around in the pocket and can deliver. Half the problem is TUA! the other half is the offensive line...  The Question will remain if they give Tua another year to build? if so then expect a big line draft out of Miami next year

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

They are trying to get better at offensive line. 

2 years ago they picked up Austin Jackson in round 1 and he has started 15 games. I believe he was injured

3 years ago they got Deiter had has played 34 games.

The problem has not been their draft... its been what they have done in FA and when you have so few quality players in FA with a really bad O'Line, it is hard to work out those kinks. We got lucky with getting Morse. he stays healthy and keeps playing the way he has we are fine... but like Miami there are certain positions we struggle with on the line as well. The difference is we got this mobile QB that can move around in the pocket and can deliver. Half the problem is TUA! the other half is the offensive line...  The Question will remain if they give Tua another year to build? if so then expect a big line draft out of Miami next year

They've picked 7 Olineman since Flores has been there.   Part of the problem is their drafting. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They've picked 7 Olineman since Flores has been there.   Part of the problem is their drafting. 

7 oh really? and how many years has Flores been with Miami? you sure about this one? cause I am wondering weather or not if you have a clue at all on this topic.

Flores has been a Miami HC since 2019.. You think Flores picked 7 offensive lineman in the draft since then? your clueless sir