Tua bruised ribs (update: fractured, headed to IR)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

People will blame this loss on Tua’s injury, but in my opinion, Brissett gave them a better chance. 

Miami's Twitter trolls post game are now 99% a split between "didn't count, Tua hurt" and "we won a Super Bowl 20 years before I was born".  They forget Tua already lost to our backups.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I feel like when Brissett was forced to throw it deep he proved this false.

Brissett is better at NE style offense with quick timing passes and until Bills started disrupting them he looked like he was auditioning for Tua's job.

Plan for Tua is different - grab him and use him like a mop and knock him out of game and it worked.

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could be wrong but didn’t we have a QB who played a whole game with bruised ribs? Thad Lewis? I know Justin fields did last year. 

Fitzpatrick did and then he wore a flak jacket in other games.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/3/28/2907978/ryan-fitzpatrick-rib-injury-buffalo-bills

For much of the off-season, with news reports circulating that Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick played the last nine games of the 2011 season with two cracked ribs, head coach Chan Gailey and GM Buddy Nix have downplayed the story, claiming that Fitzpatrick was healthy enough to play. Fitzpatrick did not show up on the injury report in that stretch.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

but if he can't push the ball downfield better to develop a guy who possibly can.

The question is who can they develop who can push the ball down field, because it sure as hell isn’t Tua, and I think we all know that…, 

Tua looked completely lost in the first two series.  Some of those hits were on him, especially the one where Parker was covered as his 1st read and he couldn’t figure out where to go and got blasted.  

I kind of feel bad for Tua because it seems like Miami never really went all in with him.  Everything really seems to add up that Flores and the organization, are not 100% behind him.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

People will blame this loss on Tua’s injury, but in my opinion, Brissett gave them a better chance. 

No joke. We wouldve won this game 50-0 if Tua played. JB looked like an NFL QB. He was put in a tough spot. 

ive said this repeatedly. Numerous people have said this repeatedly: there is nothing special about tua. I have absolutely zero fear when hes at QB. The dolphins would be more dangerous with JB under center for the rest of the year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Brissett played better than Tua, hands down. Also, what kind of QB can't play with a bruised rib? If that's all it takes you better get a really good back up.

Tua will fail in the NFL, as an Alabama fan that's unfortunate, but when a division rival drafts a Bama player they are dead to me 😂

They haven't confirmed exactly what the injury is, they're checking for cartilage damage.  Someone could play through a fracture in one instance, but be completely out of action from a bruise in another.  Chest injuries are weird like that.

I had a bruised rib and had alternating periods of feeling fine and being in incredible pain barely able to breathe.

He got absolutely hammered...and if I didn't know any better, I would have thought that was the play from Remember the Titans that got Ray kicked off the team for not blocking. The offensive lineman didn't even get a finger on Epenesa...

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don't know about you guys, but I just don't see it in Tua.

And that's not even me being a Bills homer.

Mac Jones is 2 starts in and is already Better than him IMO

I think it was Bulldog on WGR who said he got a little worried when he heard Tua was out because it might mean they have more of a chance - that about covers it for me as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Tua looked completely lost in the first two series.  Some of those hits were on him, especially the one where Parker was covered as his 1st read and he couldn’t figure out where to go and got blasted.  

I kind of feel bad for Tua because it seems like Miami never really went all in with him.  Everything really seems to add up that Flores and the organization, are not 100% behind him.  

i doubt it’s Flores but as far as the rest of the org goes of course they've given up on him already and were never all in on him. 

you can go ahead and read the reports on how Ross pushed Tua on Flores and his staff and then immediately started angling for Watson once his time in Houston seemed done.

it’s sad i know some die hard 15+ year dolphin fans and it’s Ross man. Ross messes everything up.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Totally agree with the first part.

Not sure what to make of the 2nd.  What else could Miami have done to be “all in” on Tua?  They drafted and picked up several offensive weapons - including Waddle - a perfect fit for Tua.  They have drafted a ton of Oline men to try and protect him.  They continued to start him last year - even when it was obvious that the team responded better to Fitz.  They had a chance to draft another top flight QB this year - as high as #3 and chose not to - showing huge faith in Tua.

I would agree that the owner has been a bit weird as it seems last year - he really wanted Tua in the draft and then to play and he has moved on to wanting Watson now, but Flores and the GM both seem to have been all in on Tua - especially this year.  

Edited by Rochesterfan

18 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Totally agree with the first part.

Not sure what to make of the 2nd.  What else could Miami have done to be “all in” on Tua?  They drafted and picked up several offensive weapons - including Waddle - a perfect fit for Tua.  They have drafted a ton of Oline men to try and protect him.  They continued to start him last year - even when it was obvious that the team responded better to Fitz.  They had a chance to draft another top flight QB this year - as high as #3 and chose not to - showing huge faith in Tua.

I would agree that the owner has been a bit weird as it seems last year - he really wanted Tua in the draft and then to play and he has moved on to wanting Watson now, but Flores and the GM both seem to have been all in on Tua - especially this year.  

I think Miami never really had much of a long term vision from the start - I think this is largely on Flores.  Last season should have either been about making the playoffs with Fitzpatrick or developing Tua.  Flores tried to do both and ended up finishing the year with neither goal.

I think the way the QB position was handled in 2020 did him a disservice.  Then it seems like Miami was at least entertaining the thought of replacing him, so much that it took Flores weeks to make a strong statement of support. 

Even the offense they have running this season with 2 OC’s just seems a little awkward.  

It just doesn’t seems like the organization is very confident in him.  I would have a lot of questions as well - but they were the ones who drafted him at 5th overall a year ago!

Edited by JohnNord
  • Agree 1