Tua bruised ribs (update: fractured, headed to IR)

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

He'll be in a flak jacket, dreading the thought of our pass rush, and how it's going to effect him ever getting a contract like Josh's.  

Other than the W, always the primary object, seeing the pass rush get to BOTH QB’s was the highlight of my day. I thought they might have to go to the emergency QB at one point. The pass rush was the most lacking component on our team last year. It’s looking like that has been corrected! 

Our offense is still not clicking, but we DID put up 35 on the team that won in Foxboro last week. If we get it all clicking late in the season, we could go on quite a roll! Josh just needs some time in the pocket and a chance to settle in and find his groove. Glad we showed a little more balance by running the ball. 

GO BILLS! 

Agree that because of his experience, Brissett was able to make quicker decisions which was needed against that pressure.  So, it was fortunate for the Dolphins that Tua was out, but I also think it was fortunate for Tua.  The way things were going, if he didn't get hurt, the kid was gonna get killed.  Could've been MUCH worse than bruised ribs.

I swear I saw a shot of him with his helmet on, on the sideline at the start of the half. 

I think Tua could have played but decided

to run with Brissett for a handful of reasons. The two biggest being Brissett was playing as well Tua and Buffalo was kicking the crap of whoever was behind center. Playing Tua would have ensured that he missed a week. 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not looking like Tua has “it.”

Agree, Tua is small, Tua is fragile, Tua has no velocity to speak of when he throws the ball, Tua is a backup level QB, and not an especially good one at that. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:
Edited by Don Otreply

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Agree, Tua is small, Tua is fragile, Tua has no velocity to speak of when he throws the ball, Tua is a backup level QB, and not an especially good one at that. 

Go Bills!!!

The most concerning thing besides his lack of durability is the poor pre-snap awareness.  The Bills must’ve realized this week that Tua wouldn’t pay any attention to corners and safeties creeping in to blitz, they just kept dialing those up.  Tua seemed utterly lost before his injury.

• Agree 1

The moment I saw the replay of Tua being back-slammed onto the turf, even I could feel the pain in the ribs and pretty much everywhere else.  

I knew he would not be back.

Huge play, and it came so early on! 

Would the outcome of the game been different?   I bet not, but it would have been a different, closer game IMO.

This Miami team today was GOD AWFUL; they played much better last week against NE.

Edited by Nextmanup

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

If Tua was Jim Kelly, he would've dusted himself off, and returned to action, on the next play. Tua took a good shot, but to my eyes, he had 'I quit' written all over him.

I could be wrong but didn’t we have a QB who played a whole game with bruised ribs? Thad Lewis? I know Justin fields did last year. 

• Like (+1) 1