9/19//21 Week 2 Bills @ Miami Postgame Thread

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Look at AJ putting that Left Tackle on skates and come almost untouched with the inside move.

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

More targets for Knox. Time to utilize the TE more. TE U seems to have helped. Groot is for real. Maybe steal of the draft.

It's why Gabe Davis didn't play much.  Against PIT, our offensive line couldn't hold up with 4 WR sets.  I think we more Knox for awhile.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.a39da585735976c23979309f9d99de59.png

Mixed in with the offense:

M Hyde               FS                82  61%

Couple things:

1) I had not realized Wallace only played ~ 1/3 of the game.  Someone said "cramps" but I wonder if the taunting penalty had anything to do with it?

2) Any update on Hyde?  He met with the media after the game and I didn't hear questions about injury.

3) In addition to the guys with cramps (Edmunds), I had not realized how many of the starters got pulled, including Taron Johnson, Poyer, Milano etc.

Makes the "pitching a shutout" even more impressive

I would love someone in the media or who was at the game live to do an assessment of which DL are playing where.  It's very hard to decode from the Network film. 

From this a guess at the rotation:

Rousseau-Hughes

Oliver-Butler

Zimmer-Lotulelei  (Zimmer is listed as  a 1TDT on the Bills)

Addison-Epenesa

with a handful of % mixing things up and around

But it's hard to tell, and some of the PR about Zimmer pass rushing up the gut:

sounds as though it could have been

Oliver-Zimmer

Lotulelei-Butler

with a handful of mix-n-match

Anyone?

Very hard to tell from the broadcast angles, but I thought you hit the DE rotation right on.  

For the DTs - I thought it was Star and Oliver on early downs - with Zimmer filling in for both depending upon need.  I thought when the Bills went up bigger mid 3rd quarter - Star’s play count dropped (coming off injury with the heat) and Butler started filling in more.

I felt like the Bills had Star as a 1TDT and Oliver as the 3TDT early and then Zimmer doing a bit of both depending upon who they wanted rotated out.  Later when it was more rushing the passer all the time - you had Butler come in and essentially ran multiple 3TDT with them all just stopping the RB on the way to the passer.  I can’t wait to see what the Cover 1 guys see/say.

I get the feeling this coaching staff is adjusting and trying to get these guys in their best advantage possible.

Early it was corners and DBs - along with Milano - blitzing and DE and LBs dropping into spaces to cover up quick passes - with DBs playing man outside.  Later - after Edmunds went out with cramping and Klein filled in - it Klein doing the blitzing and Milano dropping into coverage.

You also saw Rousseau drop a couple of times - including the nice play where Brissett squeezed through the rush and looked to try and take off and Rousseau cut to the middle and drove forward to take Brissett down.  I was very impressed on that play with the leverage Rousseau used as he dropped to a zone - it was vacated and he kept his eyes on the QB.  He drifted toward the middle and then read Brissett and then moved up and made a great open field tackle.

Edited by Rochesterfan

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I was very impressed on that play with the leverage Rousseau used as he dropped to a zone - it was vacated and he kept his eyes on the QB.  He drifted toward the middle and then read Brissett and then moved up and made a great open field tackle.

I was pretty blown away by how fast he closed on Brisset when he did decide to go.

Seeing a dude that size move like that is sort of eye-popping.

• Like (+1) 2