9/19//21 Week 2 Bills @ Miami Postgame Thread

One thing that I’m hypothesizing may be playing a role in the O’s and JA’s lack of dazzle is Daboll designing and calling plays that are too cute/complex in order to “show off” for potential HC suitors.

They mentioned the coaches put in a bunch of new plays yesterday, why? Things are very dynamic on offense it looks like and there’s a strange disconnect that frankly shouldn’t be there after having the core together a couple years. I think Daboll is trying to prove his brilliance.

• Eyeroll 3

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

My first move to improve the line would be a great center.  One that can help our guards when they are facing a beast of a DT.  I was surprised that Beane drafted and DL in round 2 over OL.  

Sad face re: Creed Humphrey

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

My general thoughts about the game:

- Today was fun to watch a stress free Bills win.

This comment sort of reminds me of golfing... you have some little 330-yard crappy par-4. You slice a crap drive into the rough. Then you hook a junky iron 10 yards left and short. Then you chip it to 2 feet and make a low-stress par. You're happy about it, but the execution through the green was by and large poor and you know you can't maintain it and continue to score.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Man, those 'fans' need more Fiber in their Diet!"

Who's the guy in the red shirt and the guy on the R leaning over the table?

That’s the guy they get their reefer from,

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

This comment sort of reminds me of golfing... you have some little 330-yard crappy par-4. You slice a crap drive into the rough. Then you hook a junky iron 10 yards left and short. Then you chip it to 2 feet and make a low-stress par. You're happy about it, but the execution through the green was by and large poor and you know you can't maintain it and continue to score.

True but on the score card it shows a par. In this case a "W." Sonetimes that chip gives you confidence and you start stroking the ball better and you have a great round. You see where I'm going...

2 hours ago, Simon said:

I know this is a typo but when Josh starts heating it up, I am now going to start calling him Josh Alien. :thumbsup:

So it shall be.

CB544453-E397-4CB2-A12A-3691F6F231E8.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

My first move to improve the line would be a great center.  One that can help our guards when they are facing a beast of a DT.  I was surprised that Beane drafted and DL in round 2 over OL.  

How ‘bout moving Ford to Center? Guards are easier to find.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

True but on the score card it shows a par. In this case a "W." Sonetimes that chip gives you confidence and you start stroking the ball better and you have a great round. You see where I'm going...

You must not play golf I assume 

Interesting that Daboll added a bunch of new plays on Saturday. Seems like that could add to confusion and confidence.

Also found it interesting that the Bills went with some Power I formation looks. It felt like 1985 Bears. I'm not sure what to make of that, I've not seen that from Daboll really at all since he's been here.

13 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

and?  u think Brissett is good?  is he a top 10 offensive threat in this league?

Is Tua a top 32 offensive threat?

Brissett isn’t great, but Tua has not shown himself at this point to be better.

Anytime you pitch a shutout in the NFL - it is worth an A at minimum.  

I was also impressed that when they knocked Tua out - the Bills didn’t go back to a plain vanilla defense - they still attacked him and forced him to try and make plays - they gave up very few “easy” throws to either Miami or Pittsburgh.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Interesting that Daboll added a bunch of new plays on Saturday. Seems like that could add to confusion and confidence.

Also found it interesting that the Bills went with some Power I formation looks. It felt like 1985 Bears. I'm not sure what to make of that, I've not seen that from Daboll really at all since he's been here.

Would like to see a little more of it. Styles make fights!

50 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

More targets for Knox. Time to utilize the TE more. TE U seems to have helped. Groot is for real. Maybe steal of the draft.

amen. I don’t know if it is Josh or scheme— But they need to run plays for Knox. You look at how easy Kelce makes it look— Knox is arguably just as athletic.  Just a simple dump off is an easy 7 yards.