9/19//21 Week 2 Bills @ Miami Postgame Thread

I was out hiking in Black Canyon, outside of Montrose Colorado, had no cell service till I got back. 

I said it wouldn’t be close, and it wasn’t, nice win in a must win game!!!

Go Bills!!!

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Damn it! I should've carried π to the highest power and divided it with the Pythagorean theorem. 😂

My bad! I'll get my calculator out and correct it.

BB, the point well taken is that our ownership of this team…is darn near ridiculous.

just read a stat…not only six straight wins but we’ve scored 30 points in every one of those games!

An enjoyable game. I thought Daboll made some good halftime adjustments. Defense is looking great. If the DL plays like it has weeks 1 and 2 then they're going to be very tough. I'm not too worried about Allen but I am concerned with the offensive line. They have had their struggles the first two weeks.

• Agree 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

BB, the point well taken is that our ownership of this team…is darn near ridiculous.

just read a stat…not only six straight wins but we’ve scored 30 points in every one of those games!

And IIRC our last lost to Miami came on a dropped TD by Charles Clay that would've won it. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

This is the type of BS I was exactly talking about.  35-0 whining!!!  Good work. 

lol how was my post whining?  i gave them a friggen B+,   they beat the top offensive teams in the league the same way,  they earn an A+.......ffs.

acting like i called them sh#tty......

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The most demoralizing thing for Miami has to be that they spent a lot of capital in the off-season on defending the bills offense, Allen had absolutely thrashed their defense every time he’s played them, they actually DID greatly improve their defensive strategy vs Allen, and STILL lost 35-0 at home.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

that’s where the I know, I know, but still comes from.

and I, as then, will still question the decision.

Not that you are the one saying this, Bob, but I am also tired of hearing the, “You had to give up something with Cleveland and part of that went into getting Diggs.”

Yeah, not buying that.  You could have traded something or someone else…always.

To answer the question, we have no cure for what ails this oline.

if we never traded Daryl Lamonica …

if we never traded Ahmad Raschad ….

The cure for the OL is better technique, better preparation, and hard work.   Willians got beat on one sack because of technique, he knows better and has consistently played better.  Feliciano is what he is.  Re-signing him was better than losing him and signing a lesser player.  

Lamenting over a player we traded to get Diggs, our best weapon, is not only a waste of time but it is creating a legend out of a player ( Teller) that is a solid but average player.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

And IIRC our last lost to Miami came on a dropped TD by Charles Clay that would've won it. 😂

To my dying day, BB, I will defend Josh on that play.

He was running to save his life and the pocket WAS collapsing.  Clay stubbornly refused to come back to the ball properly. 

BTW, even if he comes back to the 10 there was still going to be time to stop the clock and run another play.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Epenesa looked like a DPOY candidate. If the pass rush keeps it up we can keep up with any team in the league. If the 2020 offense comes back we will be Super Bowl favorites.

offense has still looked a bit sporadic.  I liked the balance with the run game today and they seemed to find a better rhythm in the second half. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Solid road win! It’s hard to say our Offense is still not in sync with a score like this, but our Defense was spectacular and worthy of a road Division shutout! It appears we escaped serious injury as well and re-established ourselves as the Kings of the East. 

Thoughts?

We have the top 2 QB's in the AFC East, that matters a lot.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, jkeerie said:

It's the o line.  Too much pressure on Josh.  He's not comfortable.  You can see it.

This.

The ends over Williams are taking a deeper speed rush which takes away the roll to the right which Allen (and all right-handed QBs) are most comfortable using to escape and extend plays.

Teams have really studied our scramble drills too which have left slim pickings but a few jaw-dropping passes against the grain available to Allen.

Williams is leaking a lot of pressures and Morse is not a good fit for their power runs or big NT bull rushes. We kind of saw this last year.

It used to be the RDEs were more about containing plays and cleaning up and your LDE was your QB hunter. Teams really had to focus mainly on finding that LT to negate premier LDE pass rushers, but the NFL has changed and teams are lining up some really talented RDEs realizing that in a quick passing league pressures in a QBs face are almost as valuable as sacks.

Will that lead to paying RTs more for elite play.... who knows?

As it stands Williams is struggling the most - he knows it and his false starts are indicative that he is looking for any edge he can get...

Ford has some grit and power, but needs to keep working on moving his feet and getting into better position to avoid holds and take advantage of his strength. 

Morse is a fantastic mobile pin and pull center being asked to power block. Feliciano is a good guard who will be exposed against better DTs. 

Overall I think they played a much better game - particularly Dawkins and Feliciano. Those two also had set a pretty low bar last week.

Our offense sputters because as a unit these guys have not all come together blocking as a unit, but they are trending in the right direction and stayed committed to the run which paid dividends.

I think, much like the injection of talent into the defensive line pass rush, Beane is going to look to upgrade the interior of the offensive line next offseason... I also expect Spencer Brown will start to push Williams for playing time at RT.

Maybe Williams moves inside? Have read reports that he did not fare well there, but have never watched him play guard.

Miami has a decent secondary too, so you cannot just evaluate our offense without tipping your hat to some stellar coverage by Miami's dbs and safeties.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Best post of the day I read from a Phins fan before the game was sort of along the lines of Yeah we may not win but just being competitive and keeping it close is a win. 

Sad Rain GIF by WE tv

Can’t help but think of Sean Connery in The Rock.

Nick Cage:  “I’ll do my best.”

Connery: “You’ll do your best?  Losers whine about ‘doing their best.’  Winners go home and f*** the prom queen.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2