9/19//21 Week 2 Bills @ Miami Postgame Thread

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This was definitely weird to see. I never thought I would complain about Allen not throwing the ball hard enough but I think he's overcorrecting a bit. That almost pick to McKenize is a good example. The window was there, he just needed to rifle it in. Overall he just didn't look comfortable in this game, every time he felt pressure he was throwing off his back foot.

Honestly it reminds me of last year when he had that shoulder injury and was wearing the harness for a couple games. Lack of zip. A little more of the "happy feet" in the pocket. Seriously wondering if he's got an injury we don't know about.

All the talent Miami has accumulated recently (on both sides of the ball) and it’s all for naught because they picked the wrong QB. (I’m also starting to question Flores’s competence.) if they had Justin Herbert, they would be a very scary team.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nope. It’s not about seeing the Josh Allen light show, whatever that is.

Term coined by (I think) Chris Simms to describe what the NFL Next Gen passer chart looks like when Josh Allen "goes off"

19 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It’s about execution and this team, largely due to the 

OLine is just not firing on all cylinders yet. It’s plain to see. You can spout all the stats you want, and there have been a smattering of terrific plays, particularly effort plays, but we aren’t a polished unit so far; far from it. 

I’m not complaining as it’s nice to win 35 - zip when not playing your best game. We have work to do on the O side of the ball. No shame in that, especially after two games when most teams are gonna struggle for consistency. 

Except you are complaining.  You said "Hats off to the defense. They won this game...... Daboll, Allen and this offense look like crap. They have a lot of work to do."

Is yours a reasonable take that the offense isn't firing on all cylinders?  Yes.  As my post to which you're replying says, "Yes, work to be done".  But the above "look like crap" is IMO a helluva overreaction to a game where the offense scored 5 TDs, 4 of them driving at least half the field.

We ran 30 times for 143 yards and 3 TD.  That's not "spouting stats", that's a fact.  That's not a "smattering of plays", it's pretty durn solid for a team which "can't run"

We passed 33 times for 179 yds and 2 TD.  Again, that's not the "MVP candidate" output we expect from Allen, but it's not crap either.

C'mon man, it's fine to say "work to do on the O side of the ball" and I think we would all agree.  But to say the defense won the game, give no credit to the offense, and in fact to say "they look like crap" is a helluva bad take.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Just now, mannc said:

All the talent Miami has accumulated recently (on both sides of the ball) and it’s all for naught because they picked the wrong QB. (I’m also starting to question Flores’s competence.) if they had Justin Herbert, they would be a very scary team.

If they had Fitzpatrick they'd be scarier.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

96-26

That's the point differential between Buffalo and Miami the last 2 games they've played. 70 freaking points!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

56 - 26

35 - 0

Math is fun.

im sorry, brother, I couldn’t help being a d***.  However, was hoping for one more score, a turnover, to bring it to 98-26.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Stop with Wyatt Teller.  He is not on the team.  

that’s where the I know, I know, but still comes from.

and I, as then, will still question the decision.

Not that you are the one saying this, Bob, but I am also tired of hearing the, “You had to give up something with Cleveland and part of that went into getting Diggs.”

Yeah, not buying that.  You could have traded something or someone else…always.

To answer the question, we have no cure for what ails this oline.

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

right, CB?

fine if there are a ton of other errors, but…there aren’t and this was a double take score.

”oh, my bad.  I thought that game was closer in the end.”

Has to be one crappy database to have that happen, and it still isn't fixed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

56 - 26

35 - 0

Math is fun.

im sorry, brother, I couldn’t help being a d***.  However, was hoping for one more score, a turnover, to bring it to 98-26.

Damn it! I should've carried π to the highest power and divided it with the Pythagorean theorem. 😂

My bad! I'll get my calculator out and correct it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Term coined by (I think) Chris Simms to describe what the NFL Next Gen passer chart looks like when Josh Allen "goes off"

Except you are complaining.  You said "Hats off to the defense. They won this game...... Daboll, Allen and this offense look like crap. They have a lot of work to do."

Is yours a reasonable take that the offense isn't firing on all cylinders?  Yes.  As my post to which you're replying says, "Yes, work to be done".  But the above "look like crap" is IMO a helluva overreaction to a game where the offense scored 5 TDs, 4 of them driving at least half the field.

We ran 30 times for 143 yards and 3 TD.  That's not "spouting stats", that's a fact.  That's not a "smattering of plays", it's pretty durn solid for a team which "can't run"

We passed 33 times for 179 yds and 2 TD.  Again, that's not the "MVP candidate" output we expect from Allen, but it's not crap either.

C'mon man, it's fine to say "work to do on the O side of the ball" and I think we would all agree.  But to say the defense won the game, give no credit to the offense, and in fact to say "they look like crap" is a helluva bad take.

Except I’m not complaining. I’m simply offering an honest critique of what I’ve observed thru two weeks. I couldn’t care less if you don’t like my take, but it’s been decades since I’ve “complained” about anything football. 

And the defense WAS the difference in this game. That was even more evident than the offense struggling to find some rhythm. 

• Agree 1