9/19/21 Week 2 Bills @ Dolphins Gameday Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

It never crossed my mind that the O line would be on trial in game 2.

They were terrible last week. It also appears that Beane and Mc based on the draft are surprised by poor performance. Feliciano minus 25lbs is no Jim Richter or Reggie Mac.

The more things change, the more the stay the same

Just now, HappyDays said:

Anyone know if Igbinoghene is injured or a healthy scratch?

Healthy scratch as far as I can tell...did a quick Google search earlier as I had the same question and there's already plenty of Dolphins articles asking whether he's a bust or it's time to panic. He was a raw player coming out of college so his rookie year was predictably not great, but then he was given a lot of first team reps in training camp this year with their injuries and got roasted apparently.

Early days and they deserve another couple years to develop, but Miami's return on the massive draft capital they had in 2020 is looking shaky. Raekwon Davis looks like he'll be a stud, but the jury is out on Tua, Austin Jackson, Igbinoghene, Brandon Jones, Robert Hunt, and the others. 

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

Ok so we’re gonna be playing the same front 4 that Pittsburgh has every week? If what the O line graded out as sets the tone for the rest of the year, then why follow a team at all?

This is the same line from last year that couldn't run block very well either.  I am not going to sit here and say they won't be able to run the ball but it's not really their game.  Outside of NE last year and garbage time in Denver, the Bills couldn't run the football.  

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Phillips is done if he can't beat out Zimmer for playing time. Approaching bust category.

100 %

the 2nd and 3rd round picks have left something to be desired. zay jones, phillips, aj, basham, cody ford.

best pick arguably is bass (obviously allen is) and davis

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Phillips is done if he can't beat out Zimmer for playing time. Approaching bust category.

I'm not really sure it's about beating out ZImmer. Zimmer offers more pass rush and versatility between 3T/1T. Zimmer certainly isn't a 1T, which I would consider Harry more of a 1T.

19 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm wondering it's more just that Phillips is Stars backup and plays his position.  Star usually comes out on passing plays anyway, so just not a need for him where Zimmer can play multiple roles.  Admittedly that still does limit Phillips,

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

I almost never comment about media personalities but seriously how does Terry Bradshaw still have a job on tv?

Him, Irvin and Mariucci are the three worst imo/ Bradshaw and Irvin because they hurt me with their dumb comments. Mariucci is just annoying

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm wondering it's more just that Phillips is Stars backup and plays his position.  Star usually comes out on passing plays anyway, so just not a need for him where Zimmer can play multiple roles.  Admittedly that still does limit Phillips,

With Star seeing his 1st game action in over a year it's a bold move to not have his direct backup dressed and roll with 5RBs today

• Agree 1