9/19/21 Week 2 Bills @ Dolphins Gameday Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, balln said:

dew point 76. going to be miserable for the players. dunno. dont have a good feeling for the bills. field is trash. cant run the ball. advantage mia

Hmm, not sure why we can’t run the ball. Miami’s run D isn’t all that great. If we can’t run the ball, it’s probably because we aren’t trying to

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, balln said:

dew point 76. going to be miserable for the players. dunno. dont have a good feeling for the bills. field is trash. cant run the ball. advantage mia

Sometimes I wonder if some Bills fans would be an interesting study in social psychology

Either that or the after-effects of too many Bowling Ball "shots to the haid"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sometimes I wonder if some Bills fans would be an interesting study in social psychology

haha— so true. the weather and field could be perfect, and we would be, “but they’re not used to playing in perfect conditions. I don’t like this one bit.”

Sal's keys to the game are interesting, but there's something that seems notable by its absence

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/capaccio-bills-at-dolphins-sals-keys-notes-and-stats-2021

1.) Protect the football

2.) Offensive line rebound

3.) Score touchdowns (well durr but a reference to the Bills going 1 for 4 in the RZ against Pitt)

Wonder if Miami's offense feels dissed

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, balln said:

Not sure about that. Singletary has shown this year he's a tad stronger. I've always said that with that physical running style Moss is gonna kill a guy someday. I think if they commit to run the ball in those conditions they could wear down the Dolphins defense. Plus it's highly doubtful in my opinion that Miami would expect 35-40 RB handoffs.

On the other side of the ball Gaskin is their lead back and really doesn't scare me. They have a scattershot OL as well. If it comes to the running game I like our odds.

13 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Hmm, not sure why we can’t run the ball. Miami’s run D isn’t all that great. If we can’t run the ball, it’s probably because we aren’t trying to

Because their line blows

Individually, here's how PFF graded the Bills' O-line, player-by-player:

Mitch Morse: 60.5.

Jon Feliciano: 39.9.

Ike Boettger: 53.4.

Dion Dawkins: 45.3.

Darryl Williams: 58.8.

Cody Ford: 64.7.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Using reverse psychology on ones self is what Bills fans have learned to do over the years. ;  )

11 minutes ago, balln said:

Because their line blows

So your logic is that because of how PFF graded the Bills OL on a game where we had 51 pass attempts, it proves we can't run?

18 minutes ago, balln said:

Because their line blows

Could be a very hard day for Dawkins, heat, humidity and covid long term issues. 

3 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Just win the damn game. The only thing that matters is to win the games, win the Super Bowl.  I don’t care whether the Bills win by 1 point or 77 points; just win.  Sure, it would be nice for the Bills to win comfortably, but this would just be the cherry on top.   

If by some chance Miami wins this game, I don’t want to hear about how good Josh Allen played or any records he or any other Bill set.  These things matter, if they matter at all, only if the Bills win the game.

I don’t expect the post game conversation (outside of TBD) to be about Josh Allen’s MVP run.  Instead, i expect the national media to talk about Tua; make excuses for him if necessary, praise him whenever possible. 

Put people on ignore if you only want to hear bad things.

Let's Fvckin Go!!! ♥️🤍💙🤍♥️

1 completed 12🍺 pending

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Insert generic Rex Ryan joke here.

As Wes welker once said, "we need to put our best foot forward and stop stabbing ourselves in the foot, just take things one step at a time"

Edited by r00tabaga

52 minutes ago, balln said:

Because their line blows

You do ewalize the Bills aren't going up against Pittsburgh's front 4 again, right?