Why not put Allen on the punt team…?

HardyBoy

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Why not just have Allen return punts?  He's a great runner and tough to bring down.

🤫

This is what I thought the post was going to be.  Don’t know that I’m relieved to read what it actually was.  
Have we jumped the shark in week 1?

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"The guy between the snapper and the punter" is known as the "personal protector".

Think about what that name means as far as that guy's primary responsibility on a punt, and whether you want our QB playing that role.

I mean obviously they would scheme it in a way that Allen isn’t at risk of getting hit, I’m not suggesting he stays in to block a punt rush. 

I guess what I’m thinking is you’re basically running a regular offensive play with Haak in as an option in case the play isn’t there scheme wise. 

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I mean obviously they would scheme it in a way that Allen isn’t at risk of getting hit, I’m not suggesting he stays in to block a punt rush. 

I guess what I’m thinking is you’re basically running a regular offensive play with Haak in as an option in case the play isn’t there scheme wise. 

Stop bro 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

So without that blocker we just end up with a lot more blocked punts (and probably injured punters) with your “plan” then. Seems legit. What else have you schemed up?

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

So without that blocker we just end up with a lot more blocked punts (and probably injured punters) with your “plan” then. Seems legit. What else have you schemed up?

Not if you go for it a bunch and the punter is a decoy. He’s one step punting it out of the end zone if he gets it basically. 

Almost like a ruby play. They run it on the jet sweep and lateral to the punter to punt it down. Basically an option play with the punter as a part of it. Keep Allen out of it completely if you want. Or teach a qb that couldn’t quite make it to punt and carry them as a dedicated special team player for 4th downs inside the 45. 

55 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Not if you go for it a bunch and the punter is a decoy. He’s one step punting it out of the end zone if he gets it basically. 

Almost like a ruby play. They run it on the jet sweep and lateral to the punter to punt it down. Basically an option play with the punter as a part of it. Keep Allen out of it completely if you want. Or teach a qb that couldn’t quite make it to punt and carry them as a dedicated special team player for 4th downs inside the 45. 

i think you’re vastly overestimating how much time the punt team would have in these situations. Sounds like you’re trying to apply high-school/D3 trick play garbage (or rugby? Lol) to the NFL. 

5 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

On punts inside the 50, where Allen plays the guy between the snapper and the punter. Then put McKenzie in one gunner spot Kumero at the other and run a jet sweep. If the play is there, they snap it to Josh, if not Haak does a pooch punt and pins them inside the 20, or bashes it through the end zone. 

Are there motion rules if you kick a punt that are different from regular plays?

And he could also return kicks, because he's obviously a good runner and he could throw laterals across the field hard and fast. Yeah, we're really onto something here.

Maybe even play some linebacker.

6 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I'm starting to think that Buffalo fans are the dumbest fans in the league

Yer slow, aintcha?

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

One loss and now we have post after post with hair rain ideas.  Almost like the fourth and one call

‘hair rain ideas’? 😳