Just one loss...perspective

The Red King

Week 1 was disappointing, no doubt.  But it was one week.  The season is not over.  We lost by 7 to last year's #3 seed.

I remember the Bills curb-stomping the Pats week 1 awhile back.  A classic game where a D-Lineman (Adams) had a Pick-6 on Brady.  The Pats then won 14 of their remaining 15, including beating Buffalo the last week of the season by an identical score to what we did to them week 1.  That Pats team won the Superbowl that year.

So...too early to write off the season.  Are there things to be concerned about?  Of course!  Allen looked like a deer in headlights, like he wasn't ready for the pressure of being favorites.  And that O-line should be nicknamed 'The Red Carpet'.  I will be watching and praying for signifigant improvement from all of them.

But...let's not write off the whole season yet.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't Billieve I didn't see having major problems before the Pittsburgh game that we're highly compounded by the fact we had to play Pittsburgh who has Hayward and Watts and others.....

Dion Dawkins missing much of camp with covid and coming back weak and ill.

Plus Feliciano moving from RG to LG providing the perfect storm on the left side of the OL.

How long will it take for: Dawkins to fully recover? For Feliciano to adjust to LG?

For Dawkins - Feliciano - Morse to be on the same page?

You really could extend that to the whole line who has someone new next to him....

Dawkins - Feliciano - Morse - Ford - Williams.

They gotta get their ***** together and fast! There are no chumps coming up on the schedule...

According to some folks, you are officially a Kool Aid drinker. Of course, these are the fellas that avoid this board after a win because they are so irritated by enthusiastic folks making statements insufficiently sober and balanced by critical analysis.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

I can't Billieve I didn't see having major problems before the Pittsburgh game that we're highly compounded by the fact we had to play Pittsburgh who has Hayward and Watts and others.....

Dion Dawkins missing much of camp with covid and coming back weak and ill.

Plus Feliciano moving from RG to LG providing the perfect storm on the left side of the OL.

How long will it take for: Dawkins to fully recover? For Feliciano to adjust to LG?

For Dawkins - Feliciano - Morse to be on the same page?

You really could extend that to the whole line who has someone new next to him....

Dawkins - Feliciano - Morse - Ford - Williams.

They gotta get their ***** together and fast! There are no chumps coming up on the schedule...

Could it be that the players you mentioned are healthy and just lacking talent especially vs a Steeler front 4?

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

Week 1 was disappointing, no doubt.  But it was one week.  The season is not over.  We lost by 7 to last year's #3 seed.

I remember the Bills curb-stomping the Pats week 1 awhile back.  A classic game where a D-Lineman (Adams) had a Pick-6 on Brady.  The Pats then won 14 of their remaining 15, including beating Buffalo the last week of the season by an identical score to what we did to them week 1.  That Pats team won the Superbowl that year.

So...too early to write off the season.  Are there things to be concerned about?  Of course!  Allen looked like a deer in headlights, like he wasn't ready for the pressure of being favorites.  And that O-line should be nicknamed 'The Red Carpet'.  I will be watching and praying for signifigant improvement from all of them.

But...let's not write off the whole season yet.

Appreciate the post but I don't think anyone is writing off the Bills. The patriot comparassion isn't a good one because Brady was on the team.