Gabby Petito: Where is She?

T&C

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

I hope some of his family goes to prison also for their cowardice and obstruction.

I’m fairly certain he killed her, but we don’t know for certain. It’s pretty scary that a lot of the public is like this, seeming how they may be jurors someday. An autopsy on the body will help in some regards. If the body is found to have very little physical trauma, then the case will be wide open. Like some others have said, the fact that  this dude still remains a “person of interest” and not formally a warrant for his arrest may indicate he might not be the killer either via phone pings or otherwise. His behavior is very suspicious though, considering he never offered to help find Gabby and immediately lawyered up. If he is indeed innocent, which I’m doubtful of, then its possible they got into such an argument that they went their separate ways. But even this doesn’t make much sense, because the car he drove back to FL was Gabby’s car, which means to go separate ways voluntarily means he stole her car. I’d say he is 95% guilty at this point, but no one here has the evidence, so we are all just speculating. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m fairly certain he killed her, but we don’t know for certain. It’s pretty scary that a lot of the public is like this, seeming how they may be jurors someday. An autopsy on the body will help in some regards. If the body is found to have very little physical trauma, then the case will be wide open. Like some others have said, the fact that  this dude still remains a “person of interest” and not formally a warrant for his arrest may indicate he might not be the killer either via phone pings or otherwise. His behavior is very suspicious though, considering he never offered to help find Gabby and immediately lawyered up. If he is indeed innocent, which I’m doubtful of, then its possible they got into such an argument that they went their separate ways. But even this doesn’t make much sense, because the car he drove back to FL was Gabby’s car, which means to go separate ways voluntarily means he stole her car. I’d say he is 95% guilty at this point, but no one here has the evidence, so we are all just speculating. 

Certainly he would need to be found guilty first.  But she was living with them and their future daughter-in-law.  No way I would allow my son to hide then enable his escape from the situation regardless of his role.  Who knows if he's truly in Carlton Reserve or someone picked him up later and drove him elsewhere?

As far as his guilt or innocence, he went back to pick up the vehicle and drove it home without alerting anyone.

So ironic that a YouTube video from Spread Creek was crucial to authorities.

Confirmed the body found is her... cause of death Homicide.

FBI Denver
@FBIDenver

Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue confirmed the remains are those of Gabrielle Venora Petito, date of birth March 19, 1999. Coroner Blue’s initial determination for the manner of death is homicide. The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results.

Edited by T&C

31 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t understand how they haven’t been able to find him yet. I get that this reserve is big— but they have drones, helicopters, dogs out there. 

You gotta wonder if he’s not there, but instead in Mexico, etc., and mom And dad basically fed the cops some bad information. 

Would it also be conceivable that he has died? In that case any thermal imaging wouldn’t work as intended. They would pretty much have to find him by walking within the vicinity for a dog to get a trace. It’s also my understanding that dogs cannot track as well through water,

which that terrain has plenty of. I’m not sure they ever find him TBH. They certainly wont search forever. Personally, I think he went out there to die. 

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Would it also be conceivable that he has died? In that case any thermal imaging wouldn’t work as intended. They would pretty much have to find him by walking within the vicinity for a dog to get a trace. It’s also my understanding that dogs cannot track as well through water,

which that terrain has plenty of. I’m not sure they ever find him TBH. They certainly wont search forever. Personally, I think he went out there to die. 

i think you are right. Just go out to get lost and die in gator infested swamps. Just a messed up situation all around.

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t understand how they haven’t been able to find him yet. I get that this reserve is big— but they have drones, helicopters, dogs out there. 

You gotta wonder if he’s not there, but instead in Mexico, etc., and mom And dad basically fed the cops some bad information. 

What I really want to know is, why isn’t Brian officially a suspect and a warrant out for his arrest? There must be a lot more going on behind the scenes than what we are aware of. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What I really want to know is, why isn’t Brian officially a suspect and a warrant out for his arrest? There must be a lot more going on behind the scenes than what we are aware of. 

great point. It is strange how the police had been so hands off with him. Even with this search, they looked hard, but then they sort of called it off. Now they may be back to looking.

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Clearly the family is hiding him.  My guess is that the family arranged some boat to take him to an island.  Cuba does not extradite to the US

Edited by Back2Buff

30 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

great point. It is strange how the police had been so hands off with him. Even with this search, they looked hard, but then they sort of called it off. Now they may be back to looking.

They are, its all over the news down here... today they started around 8am, on the Venice side of the preserve. Like you mentioned above, I also wonder if he isn't there at all and the car being left there was a ruse and someone ferreted him out of there.

So, maybe he isn't there... or

He is there but, seeing as he was familiar with the place, had survival supplies already stashed... water purification tabs, mosquito spray, knife, rope, food, tarp, etc.

Haven't heard of vultures circling over any area in particular, they are all over the place here. 

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

They are, its all over the news down here... today they started around 8am, on the Venice side of the preserve. Like you mentioned above, I also wonder if he isn't there at all and the car being left there was a ruse and someone ferreted him out of there.

So, maybe he isn't there... or

He is there but, seeing as he was familiar with the place, had survival supplies already stashed... water purification tabs, mosquito spray, knife, rope, food, tarp, etc.

Haven't heard of vultures circling over any area in particular, they are all over the place here. 

I have no idea how credible this is - or if it's been debunked, but a hiker resembling him was caught on a deer cam. Picture was grainy and inconclusive - and also 500 miles away. 

https://nypost.com/2021/09/21/brian-laundrie-possibly-spotted-on-deer-cam-cops-say/

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I have no idea how credible this is - or if it's been debunked, but a hiker resembling him was caught on a deer cam. Picture was grainy and inconclusive - and also 500 miles away. 

https://nypost.com/2021/09/21/brian-laundrie-possibly-spotted-on-deer-cam-cops-say/

Pretty sure police have already come out with a statement saying nothing was found in the area. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

They said the image is a local guy, ID'd by a neck tattoo.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2021 at 4:55 PM, Bad Things said:

C'mon.  You don't understand how the average person can get lost in the wilderness?

I've met a lot of clueless people throughout my life, haven't you?  If you also factor in a high emotional state anything could happen.  Add a simple injury like a sprained/broken ankle or hypothermia and all bets are off.

We have a small park at back of house. Path on either side of creek. Steep walls. Playground at 1 end, car park the other. Approx. 2.5km length. So my wife calls one day as went to playground with kids for picnic with friend and was lost… How?

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Such a tragic story

Praying for the family of Gabby

I'm just wondering how they didn't detain this Brian dude

Sadly, they didn't have anything to charge at the time as it was just a missing person, now that they have the body and possibly more evidence and probable cause they can charge him. 

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Sadly, they didn't have anything to charge at the time as it was just a missing person, now that they have the body and possibly more evidence and probable cause they can charge him. 

@LeviF - couldn't one of the police agencies gotten creative and found A reason to detain him; even if it wasn't related to the missing woman?  Or is that just crap we see in the movies?

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

@LeviF - couldn't one of the police agencies gotten creative and found A reason to detain him; even if it wasn't related to the missing woman?  Or is that just crap we see in the movies?

I mean, if they had PC or ARS to charge or detain him on some other crime, sure.  In the former case they could start putting him through the system and all the trappings that come with that.  In the latter they'd have an hour or so at most.

You know though, it's funny, hearing all these internet ditektivs talk about what should have been done in this case.  No wonder they all hate cops.  If police agencies actually did investigations the way everyone seems to think they do, I'd hate the police too.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.