Gabby Petito: Where is She?

T&C

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

The only thing I want to know is how he died. I didn't see any report of a gun found around him so how did he die?

https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-county/highly-suspicious-how-cadaver-dogs-missed-skeletal-remains-while-searching-for-brian-laundrie-at-florida-reserve/amp/

Hopefully slowly and VERY painfully. 

• Like (+1) 3

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, T&C said:

Yep... its been on the news down here. One thing I'll never understand is how a cadaver dog never picked up the scent, and they supposedly can smell a corpse that is under water.

So those dogs can be very unreliable.  It's not a perfect science by any stretch and if the handler is not trained very well or is influenced in some way it can be very unreliable. There is a show on netflix about it and how these so called crime scene experts that the police hire can be wildly influenced by the police and ruin investigations. 

On 11/24/2021 at 12:20 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Is it odd that the family's attorney made the announcement about the autopsy findings?

Is it? There are probably legal implications with this guy's death and his parents' actions prior to his death...after his girlfriend's death....

Probably best to let the lawyer speak....

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I would take it more seriously if it came from a medical examiner

Sure...but....with all due respect, no one cares if you take it seriously. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure they are doing what they can to control every aspect of this situation, considering the potential legal consequences, whatever those may be.

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Sure...but....with all due respect, no one cares if you take it seriously. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure they are doing what they can to control every aspect of this situation, considering the potential legal consequences, whatever those may be.

Yup, I get all that - including the part that nobody cares what I think. Maybe I shouldn't post my thoughts on a message board. 

7 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yup, I get all that - including the part that nobody cares what I think. Maybe I shouldn't post my thoughts on a message board. 

The people involved, I mean.

You said it was odd. I'm saying it's not odd. Obviously we care enough on a message board to discuss it all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2022/03/11/lawsuit-claims-brian-laundrie-s-parents-knew-about-gabby-petito-s-murder

"This lawsuit claims Brian's parents, Christopher and Roberta Laundrie, were told of the murder by Brian on August 28, 2021—one day after the murder is believed to have happened—and later sent a retainer to Attorney Steve Bertolino on September 2, 2021."

Full story in link.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:23 PM, Nextmanup said:

Of course the boyfriend killed the young girl who went missing!  

That's pretty much how it always goes.  

Some were suggesting it was a random serial killer?! 

I think some of us just like to gather all facts before making a determination. There was already a 80%+ chance he killed her, but stranger things have happened that make it seem like the boyfriend/husband is guilty when in fact some other wacky thing happened. It does appear this guy was guilty, which is just sad for all parties involved. You would think this young girl would have seen the signs. Rarely will a killer just kill straight away without showing any prior abuse. Not sure why women decide to stick around in an abusive relationship to allow things like this to transpire. 

• Dislike 1

• 3 months later...

This is what he wrote in his notebook...

“Gabby,
“I wish I was right at your side, I wish I could be talking to you right now. I’d be going through every
memory we’ve made, getting even more excited for the future. I can’t live without you. I’ve lost every day
we could’ve spent together. Every holiday. I’ll never get to play with [unintelligible] again. Never go
hiking with TJ. I Loved you more than anything. I can’t bear to look at our photos, to recall great times
because it is why I cannot go on. When I close my eyes I will think of laying on the roof of the van, falling
asleep to the sight of a meteor shower at the crystal geyser. I will always love you.
“If you were reading Gabs journal, looking at the photos from our life together, fliping (sic) through old
cards you wouldn’t want to live a day without her. Knowing that everyday you’ll wake up without her,
you wouldn’t want to wake up. I’m sorry to everyone this will affect, Gabby was the love of my life, but I
know adored by many. I’m so very sorry to her family, because I love them. I’d consider her younger
siblings, my best of friends ... I am sorry to my family. This is a shock to them as well as a terrible greif
(sic).
“They loved as much, if not more than me. A new daughter to my mother, an aunt to my nei[hews (sic).
Please do not make this harder for them. this occurred as an unexpected tragedy. Rushing back to our
car trying to cross the streams of spread creek before it got too dark to see, to cold. I hear a splash and a
scream. I could barely see, I couldn’t find her for a moment, shouted her name. I found her breathing
heavily gasping my name, she was freezing cold. We had just came from the blazing hot National Parks
“In Utah. The temperature had dropped to freezing and she was soaking wet. I carried her as far as I
could down the stream towards the car, stumbling exhausted in shock, when my knees buckled and knew
I couldn’t safely carry her. I started a fire and spooned her as close to the heat, she was so thin, had
already been freezing too long. I couldn’t at the time realize that I should’ve started a fire first but I
wanted her out of the cold back to the car. From where I started the fire I had no idea how far the car
might be. Only
“Knew it was across the creek. When I pulled Gabby out of the water she couldn’t tell me what hurt. She
had a small bump on her forehead that eventually got larger. Her feet hurt, her wrist hurt but she was
freezing, shaking violently, while carrying her she continually made sounds of pain, laying next to her she
said little lapsing between violent shakes, gasping in pain, begging for an end to her pain. She would fall
asleep and I would shake her awake fearing she shouldn’t close her eyes if she had a concussion.
“She would wake in pain start the whole painful cycle again while furious that I was the one waking her.
She wouldn’t let me try to cross the creek, thought like me that this fire would go out in her sleep and
she’d freeze. I don’t know the extent of Gabby’s injurys (sic). Only that she was in extreme pain. I ended
her life, I thought it was merciful, that it is what she wanted, but I see now all the mistakes I made. I
panicked, I was in shock. But from the moment I decided, took away her pain, I knew I couldn’t go on
without her.
“I rushed home to spend any time I had left with my family. I wanted to drive north and let James or TJ
kill me but I wouldn’t want them to spend time in jail over my mistake, even though I’m sure they would
have liked to. I am ending my life not because of a fear of punishment but rather because I cant stand to
live another day without her. I’ve lost out whole future together, every moment we could have cherished.
Im sorry for everyones loss. Please do not make life harder for my family, they lost a son and a daughter.
The most wonderful girl in the world. Gabby I'm sorry.
“I have killed myself by this creek in the hopes that animals may tear me apart. That it may make some
of her family happy.
“Please pick up all of my things. Gabby hated people who litter.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-murder-brian-laundries-notebook-confession-revealed

What a sad, sad story.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.