Gabby Petito: Where is She?

T&C

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Then honestly what is the point in having a thread like this? It just comes down to speculation as none of us are privy to the investigation. Not sure why I get so emotionally invested in something that doesn’t even pertain to me if they don’t want us to know. 

I'm emotionally invested as well - doesn't mean that I need to be privy to info that might ultimately jeopardize a capture, arrest or conviction.

Why are you, I and others are so emotionally invested in this case? @Just Jack boiled it down to "cute young blond girl" and I think there's a lot of truth to that. What also drew me in was the pictures from national parks where it looked like  they were having the time of their life and enjoying it together.  I've been to some of those parks and the others are on my bucket list.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What main evidence are they looking for? If nobody was around them that day/night, it will be virtually impossible to prove he did it. He could simply say a jogger came next to the van and strangled her and ran off. Then proceed to tell them he was afraid nobody would believe him so he took off and lawyered up. 

I agree it's going to be a difficult case to prove without a confession.  I don't understand why you're so caught up in unrealistic alternative scenarios.

Laundrie's actions are not that of an innocent man who just lost his fiancee to an odd outside circumstance.  This is his fiancee.  He told no one, was hitchhiking out, then went back and drove across country, using up some of her money.  If he was truly innocent, his lawyer would know conviction would be difficult, especially if once home he turned himself in, explained it as a freakout, and started assisting law enforcement to solve the crime.  His family would urge him to do the right thing also, as any parent would feel for the Petito family.

No, instead they helped him escape.

Laundrie also had no outstanding warrants and no prior criminal history or it would have come out.  There's only one explanation for the sum of the actions of him and his family.

11 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What main evidence are they looking for? If nobody was around them that day/night, it will be virtually impossible to prove he did it. He could simply say a jogger came next to the van and strangled her and ran off. Then proceed to tell them he was afraid nobody would believe him so he took off and lawyered up. 

Maybe OJ will help him find the real killer. 

11 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lets hope he was wearing gloves that shrink...

Anyone following these social media posts trying to link him to other murders happening?  The social media aspect of this case has gone too far.  It's become annoying at this point.  Every other video on tik tok is someone sitting in their room thinking they are some FBI detective.  I was interested in following what is happening, now I have zero idea the status of anything.  The real info has become clouded. 

The media is a blessing and a curse. 

On 9/25/2021 at 10:28 PM, SinceThe70s said:

I'm emotionally invested as well - doesn't mean that I need to be privy to info that might ultimately jeopardize a capture, arrest or conviction.

Why are you, I and others are so emotionally invested in this case? @Just Jack boiled it down to "cute young blond girl" and I think there's a lot of truth to that. What also drew me in was the pictures from national parks where it looked like  they were having the time of their life and enjoying it together.  I've been to some of those parks and the others are on my bucket list.  

The national parks literally have waiting lists right now to get passes to drive through them.  There are so many people buying rvs just to go see the country that is why this case hits home for so many people. We were in Glacier and Yellowstone from about Nov 10 to the 25th of August.  Heck we very well could have passed them on the road.  They were supposed to be having the time of their lives and something went wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So, in terms of weird circumstances that may mean Laundrie didn't shoot Gabby, there's one somewhat far-fetched possibility:   https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/09/08/women-killed-moab-told/

Some people have been trying to tie Laundry to this crime as well, but these women had noticed a "creepy guy" near their campsite before their paths ever crossed with Laundrie.  If it had been Laundrie, there would have been an incident in Moab when their paths crossed at the bar.

Both women were found in a creek, multiple gunshots to the back and side, naked from the waist down.  

From what I have heard about Petito's death, it was somewhere near a creek.  Really far-fetched that whatever creeper was at Moab came across and killed Gabby at Spread Creek but I suppose it's possible.  It still doesn't justify Laundrie's strange behavior.  Him leaving the scene probably destroyed any hope of evidence, and I think if he goes to trial for it his behavior will work against a jury far more than if he had sought out authorities after he discovered the crime.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:57 PM, GaryPinC said:

So, in terms of weird circumstances that may mean Laundrie didn't shoot Gabby, there's one somewhat far-fetched possibility:   https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/09/08/women-killed-moab-told/

Some people have been trying to tie Laundry to this crime as well, but these women had noticed a "creepy guy" near their campsite before their paths ever crossed with Laundrie.  If it had been Laundrie, there would have been an incident in Moab when their paths crossed at the bar.

Both women were found in a creek, multiple gunshots to the back and side, naked from the waist down.  

From what I have heard about Petito's death, it was somewhere near a creek.  Really far-fetched that whatever creeper was at Moab came across and killed Gabby at Spread Creek but I suppose it's possible.  It still doesn't justify Laundrie's strange behavior.  Him leaving the scene probably destroyed any hope of evidence, and I think if he goes to trial for it his behavior will work against a jury far more than if he had sought out authorities after he discovered the crime.

For some reason, I keep getting reminded of the movie “Psycho.” You have this lady that robs her employer and is on the run, and then suddenly this random crazy guy kills her, sort of disrupting the logical narrative.  That’s the one thought that keeps lurking here— it is easy to point the finger at Laundry, but maybe it was some random serial killer who got these other two women too. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

For some reason, I keep getting reminded of the movie “Psycho.” You have this lady that robs her employer and is on the run, and then suddenly this random crazy guy kills her, sort of disrupting the logical narrative.  That’s the one thought that keeps lurking here— it is easy to point the finger at Laundry, but maybe it was some random serial killer who got these other two women too. 

Or Shawshank Redemption.   Some wild card commits the murder and it's pinned on his illogical misteps.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

How bout a spoiler alert next time?  Jesus ... guess I can take Psycho off of my "movies to see," list.

• Haha (+1) 5

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yeah, honestly can never say never.  But, I have a big problem with Laundrie abandoning his dead fiancee so easily.  I'd want justice.

6 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Yeah, honestly can never say never.  But, I have a big problem with Laundrie abandoning his dead fiancee so easily.  I'd want justice.

Yea but the whole world thinks he's guilty 

And by the far far off chance that he's innocent.. he probably knows he's already guilty in the public eye and has no chance during a trial

So the only way to freedom is to hide forever

Or it's because he's guilty

To those  of the mind 'maybe Laundrie didn't do it', have you seen this development (link below)? A guy went missing sometime around  August 23 in the same area. They found his body around  40 miles from where they found Gabby. Police are saying they found the body due to tips from the Gabby case (plausible) and the two deaths are unrelated. I still firmly believe that Laundrie did it, not so convinced that the deaths are unrelated.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/29/gabby-petito-search-uncovers-another-missing-persons-remains/

BTW, Throw in the two women murdered in Moab and I'm starting to question whether a vacation to the National Parks is safer than a vacation to Chicago.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

To those  of the mind 'maybe Laundrie didn't do it', have you seen this development (link below)? A guy went missing sometime around  August 23 in the same area. They found his body around  40 miles from where they found Gabby. Police are saying they found the body due to tips from the Gabby case (plausible) and the two deaths are unrelated. I still firmly believe that Laundrie did it, not so convinced that the deaths are unrelated.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/29/gabby-petito-search-uncovers-another-missing-persons-remains/

BTW, Throw in the two women murdered in Moab and I'm starting to question whether a vacation to the National Parks is safer than a vacation to Chicago.

Wow. Is this normal? In this article, they mention yet another missing guy around this time. So, that is 3 women and 2 men all Dead in the same area

around the same time? I can’t believe they are all unconnected. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Wow. Is this normal? In this article, they mention yet another missing guy around this time. So, that is 3 women and 2 men all Dead in the same area

I think he obviously killed Gabby

I think it's unlikely that he's a serial killer who went on a spree

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That is crazy.

I went to Teton and Yellowstone in mid June and saw pictures posted of Cian McLaughlin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.