Gabby Petito: Where is She?

T&C

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

Haha, actually right now this case right now reminds me of the white Bronco "chase" .

Of course.  You're an anonymous hit man in the middle of nowhere surrounded with countless wilderness acres and you opt to threaten the fiancee instead of just offing the both of them. 🤔

Hey I never said it had to make sense, just stranger things have happened. Like I said it’s obviously a low probability, but things like this are why law enforcement has to do their due diligence. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Laundrie left home without his cell phone and wallet. Sounds like his parents at least reported that they were worried he would harm himself. 

i guess today I am thinking he went out to the reserve to basically die. I am sure I will have a different theory tomorrow. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/us/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-update-thursday/index.html

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Laundrie left home without his cell phone and wallet. Sounds like his parents at least reported that they were worried he would harm himself. 

i guess today I am thinking he went out to the reserve to basically die. I am sure I will have a different theory tomorrow. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/us/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-update-thursday/index.html

Not bringing the phone definitely makes me feel he didn't want to be tracked. 

20 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why haven’t we gotten a full autopsy report and why isn’t Brian been issued a warrant for his arrest for wanted murder? What is the hold up, the longer this goes on, the more it makes no sense. 

Probably haven't released the report because there might be something they don't want known right now. There is a warrant for his arrest out now though. I don't think the dude is even in this state anymore but who the hell knows.

18 minutes ago, T&C said:

Probably haven't released the report because there might be something they don't want known right now. There is a warrant for his arrest out now though. I don't think the dude is even in this state anymore but who the hell knows.

For unauthorized financial transactions. How is it he doesn’t have one for wanted murder? Say he does get found and arrested. He still isn’t being wanted for murder yet. Which I can’t understand why. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

For unauthorized financial transactions. How is it he doesn’t have one for wanted murder? Say he does get found and arrested. He still isn’t being wanted for murder yet. Which I can’t understand why. 

There is no link to him and murder. What happened out west is not exactly known. Very weird case for sure but it takes real evidence to charge someone. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I like the arrest warrant for unauthorized credit card use. Presumably it was her card and he used it after the coroner's estimated time of death. So now (if they find him) they have a federal charge that can be used to ask him what he knows about her without tipping their hand about what they know about the murder. IMO, the murder charge won't come until they know they have him.

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why haven’t we gotten a full autopsy report and why isn’t Brian been issued a warrant for his arrest for wanted murder? What is the hold up, the longer this goes on, the more it makes no sense. 

I wonder what the legal requirement is to release an autopsy report in a murder case.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

I can’t believe he was dumb enough to get caught on camera burying her.  But that’s why jails are full of criminals.  He very easily could have made it so she was never found. I’d venture to think he is dead in the woods. 

what do you mean by this? Is there video footage of him trying to bury her?

4 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Because they don't have enough evidence for that yet. The warrant that is out now is basically to get him in so they can question him 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m not sure. We don’t even know how she died. Strangulation, blunt force, etc. I just find it weird that Brian is only a person of interest still. There must be a reason. 

JMO, but you and I don't have a need to know. From the perspective of building a case against this d-bag (and maybe his parents) there's no value in releasing info unless they have to.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Because they don't have enough evidence for that yet. The warrant that is out now is basically to get him in so they can question him 

What main evidence are they looking for? If nobody was around them that day/night, it will be virtually impossible to prove he did it. He could simply say a jogger came next to the van and strangled her and ran off. Then proceed to tell them he was afraid nobody would believe him so he took off and lawyered up. 

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What main evidence are they looking for? If nobody was around them that day/night, it will be virtually impossible to prove he did it. He could simply say a jogger came next to the van and strangled her and ran off. Then proceed to tell them he was afraid nobody would believe him so he took off and lawyered up. 

Well I mean that would be a reason that there isn't a murder warrant issued. 

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well I mean that would be a reason that there isn't a murder warrant issued. 

Oh I know, I’m just trying to understand it better. I’m not a law professional or a detective. I just know weird stuff happens and people get framed a lot more than we know. I still think Brian did it, but the theoretical account I stated above is a reasonably plausible scenario. 

17 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

JMO, but you and I don't have a need to know. From the perspective of building a case against this d-bag (and maybe his parents) there's no value in releasing info unless they have to.

Then honestly what is the point in having a thread like this? It just comes down to speculation as none of us are privy to the investigation. Not sure why I get so emotionally invested in something that doesn’t even pertain to me if they don’t want us to know. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Oh I know, I’m just trying to understand it better. I’m not a law professional or a detective. I just know weird stuff happens and people get framed a lot more than we know. I still think Brian did it, but the theoretical account I stated above is a reasonably plausible scenario. 

Yeah, I mean an arrest warrant has to be signed by a judge before issued. If there isn't any or enough evidence for trial, they won't sign it until enough evidence is brought forth.

That's why they have the other warrant (whatever it is) issued because the evidence for that particular issue is there. However that particular warrant is just a way to get him picked up at some point or other so he can be interrogated and possibly get evidence, or maybe even a confession.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.