New TBD Daily Fantasy Group

Hi all - this is a double post with permission from the Mods (also in Fantasy Community here  )

Would anyone be interested in having a weekly group / league for daily fantasy? 

Edit to give a little more information (feel free to chime in on things you'd like to see or if you have any suggestions on how to do it differently.)

I have been really enjoying the Thursday night single game contests on Fanduel.  I was thinking it might be fun to have the group play just the Sunday night game each week.  We could also take a vote if we want to spread it around more.   I'd be a little hesitant for it to be focused on the Bills games, but could try something like that if it's the direction people would like it to go in. 

For those who haven't played, you basically have a budget and can pick 5 offensive players from that game (with a set budget so you can't just pick the 5 biggest stars) with your top choice getting their points multiplied 1.5x.   We can pick the buy in, but I was thinking 5 or 10$ a week.

For anyone who is not already signed up for Fanduel, if you use this link you'll get a 10$ credit (and full disclosure so will I.) We can either set it as a public league to fill it out (but we will all know about it and would be hopefully mostly TBD people) or we can do a private league, in which case those interested would need to share their usernames with me so I can invite them.

For anyone who is interested - please respond (or message me) with your FanDuel username so I can add you to the contest.

Thanks!

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snamsnoops said:

Id be down with this,,,, sign me up!

Cool, you just need to sign up over at Fanduel and share (you can private message me if you'd prefer) your username so I can send an invite.

For anyone interested you can also join this club, if we can keep going as a weekly thing I will be posting there with details each week.

Edited by Captain Caveman

11 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Hi all - this is a double post with permission from the Mods (also in Fantasy Community here  )

Would anyone be interested in having a weekly group / league for daily fantasy? 

Edit to give a little more information (feel free to chime in on things you'd like to see or if you have any suggestions on how to do it differently.)

I have been really enjoying the Thursday night single game contests on Fanduel.  I was thinking it might be fun to have the group play just the Sunday night game each week.  We could also take a vote if we want to spread it around more.   I'd be a little hesitant for it to be focused on the Bills games, but could try something like that if it's the direction people would like it to go in. 

For those who haven't played, you basically have a budget and can pick 5 offensive players from that game (with a set budget so you can't just pick the 5 biggest stars) with your top choice getting their points multiplied 1.5x.   We can pick the buy in, but I was thinking 5 or 10$ a week.

For anyone who is not already signed up for Fanduel, if you use this link you'll get a 10$ credit (and full disclosure so will I.) We can either set it as a public league to fill it out (but we will all know about it and would be hopefully mostly TBD people) or we can do a private league, in which case those interested would need to share their usernames with me so I can invite them.

For anyone who is interested - please respond (or message me) with your FanDuel username so I can add you to the contest.

Thanks!

Yes very much so.

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

Id be down. How about a league where every sunday game is included? 

Here is the link for this week.  In future if people want to change it to include other games I'm open to it (although I really like the 1 game contests.)

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/64108-248706391?invitedBy=brendankuntz&cnl=ca

22 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Sure, that's fine with me.  Did anyone have any thought / feedback otherwise?  Did anyone who wanted to join not get in?  Does the payout / scoring structure make sense or should we spread the prizes among top 3 or 4 (or more?)

I would spread payouts to top 4