Sarah Silverman posits forming a USA 1 and USA 2

SCBills

9 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You're in a plane crash in the wilderness.  With no chance of being rescued for 10 to 12 months.  You can get on one of two planes. 

The first plane is full of red state people.  People with hard life skills, farmers, hunters, military vets, carpenters, electricians, plumbers, and construction people, and other people with basic skills and more conservative views. 

The second plane is full of blue state people.  Bankers, entertainers and artists, sociologists, women, race, and gender studies majors, web app designers, people on welfare and social assistance.  

You want to maximize your chances of survival.  Which plane do you get on?

See, the problem with Silvermans's idea is the majority Blue state people she represents generally have no life or basic survival skills or the knowledge or ability to keep the fundamental elements of civilization working.  Most of them would die in the first 3 months.  The rest might start to figure it out.  Keeping things working like the water supply, electricity, the communications systems, roads and bridges, garbage pick up.  All that stuff they take for granted that are performed by the deplorables.   When your power goes out in the middle of the night I suspect its not a crew of hard core Biden supporters rolling out to get it back on.   

Ahh, but my United Blue States has a liberal immigration policy. I will fly my drywallers and plumbers and landscapers right over your United Red States to do that stuff for me. I'll give them temporary Blue Cards.

You and your Red State friends will have no homes to drywall or plumb and no lawns to cut and edge. You will have to form a migrant caravan in Tennessee and create an encampment under that famous crumbling bridge between Kentucky and Ohio to beg us to let you in.

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ahh, but my United Blue States has a liberal immigration policy. I will fly my drywallers and plumbers and landscapers right over your United Red States to do that stuff for me. I'll give them temporary Blue Cards.

You and your Red State friends will have no homes to drywall or plumb and no lawns to cut and edge. You will have to form a migrant caravan in Tennessee and create an encampment under that famous crumbling bridge between Kentucky and Ohio to beg us to let you in.

flying immigrants in continuously kills the enviroment. only private jets for the powerful are allowed over there. 

temporary card? lol no they are registered voters now. wouldn't want to jim crow 3.0 fellow human beings. asserting that immigrants will come at your beck and call to do all your manual labor for you? thats racist. your privlage is showing. i don't think you will last long in woketopia with that attitude. im sure there will be a CHAZ for the cancelled for reeducation.

by the way, republicans are against ILLEGAL immigration. people seeking to work hard and go through the proper channels are welcome. so it will be fun to watch what happens when unlimited illegal immigrants, all not required to be vaxed mind you, are piled in your half. dont go back to the patriarchy and turn anyone away. thats racis, you get the drift. 

but dont worry. if you want ill get you a temporary red card so you can enjoy a day without a riot. after you finish my landscaping. 🙂

22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Probably about 75% of the wealth and talent would be in the Blue country. 

The Red country would be poor, ignorant and dirty 

Not so sure about this...blue cities and states would likely have high taxes, limiting the the potential growth of wealth...expansive social welfare programs would eventually cripple economies, and the massive debt would eventually cause them to implode...

Homelessness would undoubtedly be on the rise, as would rampant drug use as we see all across the country in big cities...digging a society out of this mess would prove extremely difficult, as cultural norms would continuously teach its citizens to never take responsibility for their actions, and to keep blaming everyone around them for their problems...

I envision an increase of racism, as everyone is taught to judge people on the basis of skin color, and not their merit or character...this will undoubtedly lead to increased tribalism in these blue cities and states...

My wife and I constantly talk about eventually moving out of N.Y. to a red state..not because we support everything Republican- because we certainly don’t- but because the Left has become so extreme and authoritarian in their policies, it’s making it almost unlivable for us...and we don’t like where the trend is going...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Not so sure about this...blue cities and states would likely have high taxes, limiting the the potential growth of wealth...expansive social welfare programs would eventually cripple economies, and the massive debt would eventually cause them implode...

Homelessness would undoubtedly be on the rise, as would rampant drug use as we see all across the country in big cities...digging a society out of this mess would prove extremely difficult, as cultural norms would continuously teach its citizens to never take responsibility for their actions, and to keep blaming everyone around you for your problems...

I envision an increase of racism, as everyone is thought to judge people on the basis of skin color, and not their merit or character...this will undoubtedly lead to increased tribalism in these blue cities and states...

My wife and I constantly talk about eventually moving out of N.Y. to a red state..not because we support everything Republican- because we certainly don’t- but because the Left has become so extreme and authoritarian in their policies, it’s making it almost unlivable for us...and we don’t like where the trend is going...

Georgia, North Carolina or Ohio seem like good fits for you. 

Georgia is purple, but will always have a red legislature.   And the reason it’s purple is because of the heavy black dem vote, which isn’t the same as white progressive lib voters… these are typically Sunday church types.   There’s a reason the voter drive in Atlanta is called “Souls to the Polls”.

Ohio and North Carolina seem reliably red in National Elections, but will occasionally vote for a conservative Dem and aren’t as conservative as places like South Carolina and Florida are becoming. 

I don’t know much about the non-coastal states, but if you ever have questions about Georgia or South Carolina, I spend time in both Greenville and Atlanta. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Georgia is purple, but will always have a red legislature.   And the reason it’s purple is because of the heavy black dem vote, which isn’t the same as white progressive lib voters… these are typically Sunday church types.   There’s a reason the voter drive in Atlanta is called “Souls to the Polls”.

Ohio and North Carolina seem reliably red in National Elections, but will occasionally vote for a conservative Dem and aren’t as conservative as places like South Carolina and Florida are becoming. 

I don’t know much about the non-coastal states, but if you ever have questions about Georgia or South Carolina, I spend time in both Greenville and Atlanta. 

And that is exactly the reason why Georgia passed those voter suppression laws...

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thanks, man...appreciate the feedback 👍

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Too bad you will starve to death..  Farmers are all republicans. 

I wonder which one would be more likely to moderate instead of gravitation to extremes. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Hollywood films so much outside Ca and the US. Have been doing so for years. Don't you realize that most of Star Wars was filmed in England.

4 hours ago, Albwan said:

Libs are USA number 2....

Number 2  being the important phrase.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Too bad you will starve to death..  Farmers are all republicans. 

I wonder which one would be more likely to moderate instead of gravitation to extremes. 

You should probably leave now because you’ll be sitting in that traffic by Quantico for about 3 years. Lol.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

And that is exactly the reason why Georgia passed those voter suppression laws...

This might be the worst ad I’ve ever seen….even for Georgia. If that’s all he’s got, Stacey is going to butcher him.

Edited by Governor

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

This might be the worst ad I’ve ever seen.

This was his ad when he ran against Stacy Abrams.  It’s 3 years old. 

And he could very easily get primaried this go-around by Trump endorsed, Vernon Jones. 

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This was his ad when he ran against Stacy Abrams.  It’s a couple years old. 

And he could very easily get primaried this go-around by Trump endorsed, Vernon Jones. 

That’s an old ad? He should probably come with something better than that this time around. Lol.

Edited by Governor

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea.. I remember it being on tv and knowing I wouldn’t be supporting Stacy Abrams, but trying to wrap my head around wtf I just watched. 

You gotta get Trump out of the picture. All of his choice candidates are going to lose. He won’t be happy until Georgia is gone for good.

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea.. I remember it being on tv and knowing I wouldn’t be supporting Stacy Abrams, but trying to wrap my head around wtf I just watched. 

Pat McCrory (NC) is gonna get wrecked. That seat is going blue. He left a bad taste in people’s mouths when he was Governor.

I’ll take individual freedom to vax or not, wear a mask or not. Go to work, dine out or be entertained or not.  Strong support of law enforcement and tough punishment for criminals rather than coddling.  Personal responsibility, low taxes , low regulation and an open economy. Fair but limited immigration, free speech and assembly. Schools that educate rather than indoctrinate. Less PC and wokeness, more live and let live. I’ll have the Red, please. 

• Agree 1