Sarah Silverman posits forming a USA 1 and USA 2

SCBills

This was trending on Twitter, and it seems many people, on both sides of the aisle, agree.  

Of course, this will never happen, but in the era of Trump and Pandemic Politics, I think we’ve entered a stage where our differences are no longer tenable. 

I couldn’t imagine how people on the left could hate Trump so much.  Some of it is still over the top… but now I kind of get it, because the hatred I have for Biden is something I constantly have to check myself on - because I truly don’t feel like it’s healthy to hold contempt like that.  

We no longer have “policy differences”…. Our differences are should kids be forced to wear masks all day, should unvaxxed people be allowed jobs, air travel and healthcare….  It’s free society vs restrictive society, and those two ideals are not compatible.   

Im all for this.  I moved down south a few years ago, and now realize that I could never move back to NY. 

Half this country can be for higher taxes, more government programs, anytime abortion, progressive education, mask mandates, vax mandates, looser borders and gun control.  

The other half will, of course, have the opposite views.  

And we can be allies. 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Probably about 75% of the wealth and talent would be in the Blue country. 

The Red country would be poor, ignorant and dirty 

As long as you keep billstime on youre side we are all good 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No,the inner cities would be the poor and lazy. Looking for free handouts without working. Yeah, that’s gonna work out real well. Lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

This was trending on Twitter, and it seems many people, on both sides of the aisle, agree.  

Of course, this will never happen, but in the era of Trump and Pandemic Politics, I think we’ve entered a stage where our differences are no longer tenable. 

I couldn’t imagine how people on the left could hate Trump so much.  Some of it is still over the top… but now I kind of get it, because the hatred I have for Biden is something I constantly have to check myself on - because I truly don’t feel like it’s healthy to hold contempt like that.  

We no longer have “policy differences”…. Our differences are should kids be forced to wear masks all day, should unvaxxed people be allowed jobs, air travel and healthcare….  It’s free society vs restrictive society, and those two ideals are not compatible.   

Im all for this.  I moved down south a few years ago, and now realize that I could never move back to NY. 

Half this country can be for higher taxes, more government programs, anytime abortion, progressive education, mask mandates, vax mandates, looser borders and gun control.  

The other half will, of course, have the opposite views.  

And we can be allies. 

Most Red States could never survive on their own - they barely do now without federal funding.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Given the migration of corporations to Florida, Texas, Georgia and South Carolina for lower taxes, I’m not so sure about that.  

Small businesses would most assuredly flourish in a red country.  

Performing arts talent and the tech industry would definitely reside in blue country.  

Lots of blue cities in red/purple states seem to be doing ok as they’re held in check by red governors or legislature - but the blue cities in blue states are not exactly flourishing at the moment.   

Id expect much of blue country would begin looking like NYC, Portland, Seattle, San Fran, LA etc… maybe that’s your thing. 

3 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

How much money would the red states save not having to pay for all of the deadbeats the blue states have?

They would lose since red states don’t contribute any money to the pie. They would basically just have to wing it with tourism. There’s no industry.

Its more like, what would blue states “save” by not having to support red states?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Governor said:

They would lose since red states don’t contribute any money to the pie. They would basically just have to wing it with tourism. There’s no industry.

Its more like, what would blue states “save” by not having to support red states?

Both would have their fair share of issues,  but you’re just flat out ignoring the migration of people and business to red states over the past few years. 

Blue country would basically be California unchecked.  What do you do with your southern border?   What do you do about crime?  What will be your tax code to pay for government programs, especially given the mass foreign migration your people would want?   What would be the acceptable role of law enforcement?

I know how red country would legislate on these issues, and it’s sustainable.   I don’t know how blue country settles these issues, given the whims of what would be its residents. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Both would have their fair share of issues,  but you’re just flat out ignoring the migration of people and business to red states over the past few years. 

Blue country would basically be California unchecked.  What do you do with your southern border?   What do you do about crime?  What will be your tax code to pay for government programs, especially given the mass foreign migration your people would want?   What would be the acceptable role of law enforcement?

I know how red country would legislate on these issues, and it’s sustainable.   I don’t know how blue country settles these issues, given the whims of what would be its residents. 

I know exactly what would happen with the border. Red states would let them pile in and go back to slavery. They would have no choice.

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

I know exactly what would happen with the border. Red states would let them pile in and go back to slavery. They would have no choice.

Are there any left leaning posters on this board that are serious people?   

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Are there any left leaning posters on this board that are serious people?   

SC wouldn’t last 10 years if that actually happened. What are they supposed to do? They don’t contribute anything. BMW would pack up and leave. It would be a total mess.

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

SC wouldn’t last 10 years if that actually happened. What are they supposed to do? They don’t contribute anything. BMW would pack up and leave. It would be a total mess.

Why would BMW pack up and leave?  

South Carolina also has a Michelin HQ as well as Boeing.   And, yes, the tourism industry as previously mentioned. 

South Carolina currently has two of the fastest growing areas in the country… Greenville and Charleston.  

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Why would BMW pack up and leave?  

South Carolina also has a Michelin HQ as well as Boeing.   And, yes, the tourism industry as previously mentioned. 

South Carolina currently has two of the fastest growing cities in the country… Greenville and Charleston.  

In your scenario, businesses would be forced to pick sides or they wouldn’t be able to do business with the north. 

Other than Bob Jones University, Greenville would be empty in 5 years.